1/48 Gbp Hands - Recasts

nightmareB4macross

Hi NB4M,

Sorry, whats the difference btw Hands WITHOUT the ball-joints and polycaps and Hands WITH ball-joints and polycaps? Pardon me for asking as i havent got a GPB yet  :( . Can these hands be inserted into the regular hole pegs of the 1/48 valks?

What are side covers btw as im clueless without a GPB?  :blink:

PS: pictures would be greatly appreciated to add in the explanation. Tks

Cheers

371561[/snapback]

You can see there is a ball-joint in the center of the hand, but this cannot be done with only resin and a ball-joint. A polycap has to inserted inside the small block piece located closest the wrist. Without the ball-joint and polycap working together, the pieces would just flop around.

The other option is to cast this as one piece so not ball-joint or polycap is needed. It is basically the TV fat hands style.

CLICK HERE for further GBP details and review.

371608[/snapback]

Hi NBAM, Tks for the info, its of great help. Would it possible to show pics of the recast hands without polycap and ball joints and recast hands with polycap and ball joints once you are done with them? Tks

another question is that would it be possible the shrink the recast GPB hands a little so as to suit the 1/48 VF-1?

Btw what are side covers, search through the thread but havent seen any pics of it? Tks

I would defintely be interested in 10 pieces of these hands. :)

Cheers

Waiting for news of recasting these hands, hopefully you can shrink it to a size suitable for 1/48 VFs  :)

Cheers

371358[/snapback]

yeah, any chance youll be able to shrink it to match the 1/48 size?

371641[/snapback]

First one to get these hands shrunk to the right proportion gets my money. Those fat hands just won't do... look like boxing gloves.

however, I am down for a few of the side covers. Will PM you fo it.

:Dat

I will want side covers at some point, but not yet... the hands really arne't that useful on normal valks due to tehir size... shruken down tho, they'd be killer!

372105[/snapback]

I'm still hunting for a sure way of shrinking the molds. In the meantime, please PM me with your requests.

Thanks,

NB4M

;)

Hi NB4M,

Sorry, whats the difference btw Hands WITHOUT the ball-joints and polycaps and Hands WITH ball-joints and polycaps? Pardon me for asking as i havent got a GPB yet  :( . Can these hands be inserted into the regular hole pegs of the 1/48 valks?

What are side covers btw as im clueless without a GPB?  :blink:

PS: pictures would be greatly appreciated to add in the explanation. Tks

Cheers

371561[/snapback]

You can see there is a ball-joint in the center of the hand, but this cannot be done with only resin and a ball-joint. A polycap has to inserted inside the small block piece located closest the wrist. Without the ball-joint and polycap working together, the pieces would just flop around.

The other option is to cast this as one piece so not ball-joint or polycap is needed. It is basically the TV fat hands style.

CLICK HERE for further GBP details and review.

371608[/snapback]

I had the same problem with my GBP hands I think I may have to try painting the ball joint so that it would not flop around that's my only solution. <_<