1/48 Gbp Hands - Recasts

nightmareB4macross

Proportion of the hands is an issue, but they still suit the main purpose of completing the DYRL look, and making them more aggressive.

Resculpting the hands could be an option, but the price could become slightly higher due to the work involved. I will have to look into reducing the size of the mold via a shrinking agent, but if that is unsuccessful then I can only provide the recasts (not resculted) hands.

I still have no price set, I am still awaiting the arrival of my GBP.

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to finally recieve my GBP this coming week.

I think I will do the all the side covers in the same color as the valk. Once I receive it I can then look at what would look better, VF-1 White or GBP grey.

This is just taking way to loooooooooooooooooooooooooong to recieve my GBP. But at least I know it's on the way. :)

**NOTE: At work, this site has been blocked :angry: and now I have no access to MW at work. So, anyone posting interest or questions, just be patient I will answer all inquiries and acknowledge all interests.

NB4M

;)

Well here's the deal. I finally got the 1/48 GBP. I took a look at the side covers and the hands. I will be pouring the molds, tomorrow.

- Side covers can be done for $10.00 per set. Let me know if you want the stock grey or valk white color for the side covers. At this time I cannot provide the M&M red or blue. I will let you know when these are available. Low Viz Coming Soon.

- Hands WITHOUT the ball-joints and polycaps $15.00.

- Hands WITH ball-joints and polycaps $20.00. This is due to the balll joint having to be inserted, as well as, a poly cap to keep things tight. I will see if HLJ has these available and let you guys know when these are ready for ordering.

Shipping in N America, S. America, Hawaii, and UK...please PM me. All others please contact Neova, he is handling the eastern hemisphere.

Minimum required order $20.00, without shipping.

Please PM me with what you want, in this format:

Side Covers Valk White - ___qty

Side Covers GBP Grey - ___qty

Side Covers Max Blue - (Coming Soon) qty

Side Covers Milia Red- (Coming Soon))qty

Hands Valk White - ___qty

Hands Low Viz - (Coming Soon)qty

Also include your shipping address, for shipping quote.

Thanks,

NB4M

Hi NB4M,

Sorry, whats the difference btw Hands WITHOUT the ball-joints and polycaps and Hands WITH ball-joints and polycaps? Pardon me for asking as i havent got a GPB yet :( . Can these hands be inserted into the regular hole pegs of the 1/48 valks?

What are side covers btw as im clueless without a GPB? :blink:

PS: pictures would be greatly appreciated to add in the explanation. Tks

Cheers

Edited by recon

Hi NB4M,

Sorry, whats the difference btw Hands WITHOUT the ball-joints and polycaps and Hands WITH ball-joints and polycaps? Pardon me for asking as i havent got a GPB yet  :( . Can these hands be inserted into the regular hole pegs of the 1/48 valks?

What are side covers btw as im clueless without a GPB?  :blink:

PS: pictures would be greatly appreciated to add in the explanation. Tks

Cheers

371561[/snapback]

You can see there is a ball-joint in the center of the hand, but this cannot be done with only resin and a ball-joint. A polycap has to inserted inside the small block piece located closest the wrist. Without the ball-joint and polycap working together, the pieces would just flop around.

The other option is to cast this as one piece so not ball-joint or polycap is needed. It is basically the TV fat hands style.

CLICK HERE for further GBP details and review.

post-2246-1140374642_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1140374662_thumb.jpg

Edited by nightmareB4macross