New Horror For Mgs Fans

Wesker your avatar gave me a headache!  :wacko:

360990[/snapback]

He's not even supposed to have an animated avatar. Roy will delete it once he sees it.

360992[/snapback]

Exactly, which is why I have been branded with this custom title like some others. :p

Someone should send that crab from Crab Battle to take out Uwe Bolle.

360990[/snapback]

He's not even supposed to have an animated avatar. Roy will delete it once he sees it.

360992[/snapback]

Exactly, which is why I have been branded with this custom title like some others. :p

Someone should send that crab from Crab Battle to take out Uwe Bolle.

360996[/snapback]

Guess I was lucky. I just got the 3 day vaction.

Back to topic.

Yah the Illuminati-type group is very b movie style. it does has some quirks.

If he made the movie based on the first game what do you think would Uwe use?

A. the metal gear

or

B. the super computer with big boss running around in circles.

360990[/snapback]

360992[/snapback]

Hmm. I was unaware of that bit of info. I'll change it right now. </Derail>

It's MG movie time!!

MGF

MGF 2 (this one even has Arnold!)

360530[/snapback]

Those were freaking funny.. I liked the first the best though.

Check this out. http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/40244

Apparently they made a ridiculous ammount of reels for bloodrayne. Oh darn. :rolleyes:

The numbers seem a little bit much even for a screw up though.

Edited by Wesker99

I always found the clone/genetic engineering aspects of the MG series to be its high point.  The walking mecha took a leap of faith on my part.  But the arm possessing a body, an Illuminati-type group that's been alive for more than 200 years...?  That just ruins it all for me.  MGS2 had so many plot points that turned me off that I just can't stand the series any more.

Especially now that I've discovered the joy that is Splinter Cell.  That blows MGS right out of the water.

360959[/snapback]

Oddly, I thought the cloning/genetic engineering bit was a tad silly. Why can't Snake just be good, instead of good because he's a customized clone of someone who was good?

It didn't hurt that the super-smart, super-sighted genetically-engineered super soldiers couldn't see 4 feet ahead of themselves and would follow footprints in a circle around a crate until you got bored and snapped their neck.

I played the 'Cube version of MGS, and I can't seem to remember if they upped the IQ on the AI, or not. What I can remember is all of the "extreme" action video sequences, with Snake jumping in between missiles, kicking them away, etc...

Oddly, I thought the cloning/genetic engineering bit was a tad silly. Why can't Snake just be good, instead of good because he's a customized clone of someone who was good?

It didn't hurt that the super-smart, super-sighted genetically-engineered super soldiers couldn't see 4 feet ahead of themselves and would follow footprints in a circle around a crate until you got bored and snapped their neck.

361022[/snapback]

I was talking more about the idea than the implimentation thereof. See, I always took the MGS idea as being one more of that Snake had all the raw material to be good, but Snake was Snake because of his own choices and his own experiences. Same thing with Liquid and Solidus. They all shared the raw material, but they became the people they did because of their own choices and own lives.

And like I said, I really enjoy the idea of the Genome Army as being the made-in-Hong-Kong version of the Snakes. How they were all good mercenaries beforehand, but became only that much better after they went through the process; all of them posessing above-average IQ and visual acuity (again, this is about the idea, not the game version).

But the rest of it? Nah, not for me. Waaaaay too sci-fi for my taste in an espionage thriller.

361022[/snapback]

I was talking more about the idea than the implimentation thereof. See, I always took the MGS idea as being one more of that Snake had all the raw material to be good, but Snake was Snake because of his own choices and his own experiences. Same thing with Liquid and Solidus. They all shared the raw material, but they became the people they did because of their own choices and own lives.

Except Liquid was supposed to be the crappy asthmatic Steve Urkel version of Big Boss. :p

And like I said, I really enjoy the idea of the Genome Army as being the made-in-Hong-Kong version of the Snakes. 

*chuckles*

I've never heard it put that way before.