The "large" Toys For Men!

Spatula

Since I've gotten the Aliens dropship ( MEGA LOVE), I MUST get my hands on Corporal Hicks.  Damn, that thing kicks ASS!

366176[/snapback]

What about Vasquez? She comes with an M56 Smartgun, for crying out loud..

I actually don't find the T3 version of the T-850 that appealing.

The T2 version with the classic Ray Ban biker glasses and the straight leather jacket are much more striking, if you ask me.

And for Vasquez, I'd get her second. However for some reason I find Hicks more appealing to look at. I love armoured figures.

Sighs for the lack of the Medicom/Dragon Jin-Roh Panzer corps.

Sorry, after reading the NY Toy Fair thread, I couldn't resist editing the title of this topic. :p

Graham

368850[/snapback]

I honestly didn't even realize the thread title was changed until someone pointed it out.

And Sithlord, that would be my entire collection of the 1/6 stuff. If I listed anything before, it'd probably be what I want.

"Man Dolls" :lol: ,, well, I have been calling them by that name for years. I even swear that I will never every buy one. But some of them looks really good.. specially MGS3 ,SNAKE.

Is that figure also super posable? can he do the landing pose in the begining of the game after he jump off the plan and still wearing that halo mask? ( kinda look like a spyler?)

Well you can't blame people not to call them dolls.

They are barbie sized and you dress them. Sure the placed the title action figure on them but now a days most consider action figure to be smaller.

The larger size has the advantage of more detail and some can be moved in more positions then a barbie or a g.i.joe figure. These aren't toys but higher collectibles. Still in appearance they are dolls. Yet the clothes offer the advantage of realism and the ability to make an easy custom. I only bought one of these in 1993 and thought I never would again but I started to collect about 4 these last two months and waiting for another too arrive soon.

curse this thread. I had almost made myself forget about the cygirls protect gear and NECA terminator. And I was trying to ignore the Hot Toys Hicks. Now I'm back to square one and months of therapy. :D

Still the price....

$150 CDN each isn't exactly cheap.

I'd love to get the two Evangelion girls - Rei/Asuka, the SAS Medicom, and the three USMC Marines from Aliens.

That's six figures right there - a grand total of about $900. This makes the PS3 look so affordable.

Is that figure also super posable?  can he do the landing pose in the begining of the game after he jump off the plan and still wearing that halo mask? ( kinda look like a spyler?)

369034[/snapback]

His posability isn't that great. Kusanagi can flex better than him, well, she's super (s)flexy compared to him. Snake wears a lot of layers of clothing restricting his movements, as well as all the gear on him can snap off if not handled carefully.

Meh, I'm more into the ships and vessels of the SW universe. I think the only 1/6 fig I'll get related to SW is the Stormtrooper, and perhaps Darth Vader from Medicom.

I prefer the 1/6 figures with some mask or something to cover their face, since the face sculpt either makes or breaks the figure as a whole.

Snake's face was pretty spot on, if you ask me.

Now you see why I'd LOVE to get my hands on the Dragon/Medicom Stray Dogs- Jin Roh figure.

Edited by Spatula

• 1 month later...

Hey, kids!

I just found this Rick Deckard 1/6 figure from a retailer in Culvert City and had to buy it.

Unfortunately probably because it's my first doll, I busted the right wrist piece and now it barely holds the hand in place.

The figure looks like a japanese limited edition garage thing. It has no brand and the box says: Android Hunter, probably to dodge the lawyers at WB.

The body, the clothes, the gun and the head sculpt are exquisite, but I have no idea about japanese body types or where can I find replacements.

If any of you 1/6 experts here, have any idea what I'm talking about pleaselet me know.

I have this figure. It sports a 12" Dragon body. Go to www.Monkeydepot.com for a nude replacement body. It shouldn't cost you that much money. Good luck

Harlock Fan

Hey, kids!

I just found this Rick Deckard 1/6 figure from a retailer in Culvert City and had to buy it.

Unfortunately probably because it's my first doll, I busted the right wrist piece and now it barely holds the hand in place.

The figure looks like a japanese limited edition garage thing. It has no brand and the box says: Android Hunter, probably to dodge the lawyers at WB.

The body, the clothes, the gun and the head sculpt are exquisite, but I have no idea about japanese body types or where can I find replacements.

If any of you 1/6 experts here, have any idea what I'm talking about pleaselet me know.

385813[/snapback]

Thanks for the info and the links, boys. The clothes and the body are the same, this guy just replaced the head for another Harrison head sculpt and painted it. I like my Harrison better. It's more on the age of Blade Runner and less in the Indiana Jones days. The hair sculp could've been better, but who's complaining!

Edit: By the way, what would be the best 1/6 body in your opinion?

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

• 4 months later...

Doing some MEGA BUMPING.

I checked out Chinook Hobby today in my city and found out that they've got the 1/6 USMC Hot Toys ALIENS figures in at $109 Canadian each. Now, I've been pretty pumped for these things, and think they'd go nice as back drop for my 1/72 Dropship, but at that price, what do you guys think? $109 sounds expensive (about the right price for good quality 1/6 figures) but do any of you have these figures?

I just noticed this thread. Sixth-scale figures are one of my major interests right now. I prefer cloth cloth over plastic since it is more realistic. I think 1/6 is the smallest scale where cloth works. On anything smaller the weave and weight doesn't look right.

I currently have...

- Cool Girls Panzer Cop

- Hot Toys Batman Begins

- Cool Girls Catwoman (great figure!)

- Custom Indiana Jones

- Custom Cool Girls Batgirl

I have the Medicom Batman Begins and Sideshow Luke Skywalker up on Ebay right now since I just don't have the space. I have all the other Sideshow Star Wars figures preordered but will probably cancel. I'm really looking forward to the Sideshow Lord of the Rings line.

I have some slightly dated pictures on Google: My Collection.

Well how much are they regularly on the internet?  I've seen about $135 USD for Ebay sites and stuff.

421779[/snapback]

This is the part where you will have to decide. Since you see it going for $135 on ebay sites and that store that has it wants $109 Canadian for it doesn't that make it a good price?

Trying to compare for how much it goes for on ebay isn't going to mean anything unless you can get it for that price.

Well I was just wondering if there were any killer deals out there. I think I saw bigbadtoystore selling them at $80 USD, but then you'd have to factor in: Shipping/Currency/Customs charges, plus the wait time, and not knowing what condition it'd be in, plus the chance of losing it in the mail.

$109 doesn't sound so bad after all.

I just realised if I want all the marines (except Ripley) It'd come up to $550 CDN. I could get an Xbox 360 premium system plus one game for that much. ;___;

CHOICES CHOICES

Some more of my stuff...

BlackvsShadowmoon03.jpg

BlackvsShadowmoon02.jpg

BlackvsShadowmoon01.jpg

69898985_329497984f_o.jpg

KenshiroCustom01.jpg

ruby3418.jpg

ruby3431.jpg

12" figures sure are very fun. Expensive for sure, but they are as real as toys can get, with a lot of room in customization. Just some padding, some paint touch-up, or body swapping/modifying can really bring these things to life.