Valkyrie Profile 2

Boo. Friggin. Yah.

Valkyrie Profile is the 2nd-best game ever. And music-wise, it could be #1. It is well well worth the price it commands. I am NEVER selling my copy. Every time I see 'new Tri-Ace' game my hopes rise--then fall. But now--- :) :) :)

Also--I so called what it'd be about. If you get the good ending, and get all 8 flame jewels or whatever, there'll be another cut scene after the credits---and it's obvious Silmeria's story was always meant to be explored.

Edited by David Hingtgen

damn, never was able to pick up this game but def gonna pick up the 2nd one if it gets a domestic release.

and is nintengirls a real game...sounds...intriguing... :D

350511[/snapback]

Sadly, for you that's a no, bro. It's just a joke I swiped that goes hand in hand with the game linked to my sig.

Looks like I'll probably get the Japanese version of Valkyrie Profile 1 for PS1 Books. I'll probably only catch like 5% of whatever they're saying, but then again the voice acting is supposedly better, and it's only $40USD instead of the regular $150... but then I need a mod chip for about $140....doh.

Edited by Spatula

Yes Valkyrie Profile is the most emotional game, more than FF7 I`ve ever played, best sound track and my best second action RPG of all time. Really love the elf forest (can`t remember the name) theme. The sad thing is that I made a stupid mistake and got the 2nd ending <_<

BTW Spatula try to find at least an english copy or let some one you know to copy it for you. Playing it in Jap isn`t worth it.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

Yes Valkyrie Profile is the most emotional game, more than FF7 I`ve ever played,

I can't give it this point. Even if FF7 is hard to not beat.

Game Arts tweaks me emotionally. Lunar: Eternal Blue and Grandia 2 specifically.

best sound track

Indeed, it's great sound. tri-Ace has a great composer.

Even if a lot of tunes ARE recycled from SO2(seriously, one track is even entitled "Mission to Deep Space").

Black Valkyrie---play it again. It's not "a better ending". The ENTIRE SECOND HALF OF THE GAME is different. Hundreds if not thousands of lines of dialogue, FMV sequences, dungeons, party members, cities, sub plots, backstory, etc. If you haven't seen the good ending, you've missed half the game. The "good ending" is more like "the better, more emotional version of disc 2". With cooler music. And some insane puzzle-dungeons. (Pyramid is hell to get out of, there's a jump I swear I spent 45 mins on). But it's all fun, which is why I rank it so high---VP is just so much FUN to play, both dungeons and even levelling up.

I currently have a save file that I was going for the good ending (will be the 2nd time I've seen it) but it's been so long I can't remember exactly what I've done, so I'll have to play carefully and see where I am and what's left to do.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Black Valkyrie---play it again.  It's not "a better ending".  The ENTIRE SECOND HALF OF THE GAME is different.  Hundreds if not thousands of lines of dialogue, FMV sequences, dungeons, party members, cities, sub plots, backstory, etc.  If you haven't seen the good ending, you've missed half the game.  The "good ending" is more like "the better, more emotional version of disc 2".  With cooler music.  And some insane puzzle-dungeons.  (Pyramid is hell to get out of, there's a jump I swear I spent 45 mins on).  But it's all fun, which is why I rank it so high---VP is just so much FUN to play, both dungeons and even levelling up.

"Weakling. I'll crush you."

I never got the second ending. Just the best ending. Can you still access Seraphic gate if you have the second ending? I tried to get the worst ending but my cat shut off my PSX when when I was about to fight Freya.

I believe you can still get to it, but you can't get very far in. I've never seen the worst ending either. I've got 3 saves currently:

--my first play (normal, average ending)

--second play (hard, good ending, Seraphic gate fully cleared)

--fourth/current play (normal, going for good ending)

Preferred party: Lenneth, Aelia, Jun, Yumei. If playing for the good ending, replace Yumei with Mystina.

I didn't find out about the "50 hit combo damage increase" until like the third play through.

I never got the second ending. Just the best ending. Can you still access Seraphic gate if you have the second ending?

Yes.

If I recall, you can get the flame gems you need too, as long as you're playing hard mode.

I tried to get the worst ending but my cat shut off my PSX when when I was about to fight Freya.

More proof that cats are evil.

Awesome news! The first game with its beautiful character designs and music, along with the addictive battles is still on my top RPGs list. I haven't played any RPGs for a looong time, but I'll have to make time for this one. And it's been ages since I played the first one, so I've forgotten most of the story elements. I do remember wondering what's up with Hrist? And why does she have an evil version of my party? :blink:

(grammar freak edit)

Edited by Valkyrie Hunter D

Now I need a PSP...

Well, that's good news for all who missed the original--presuming the PSP version comes here. 

Now, where's VP: Hrist?  She's cooler than Silmeria.  Black armor is automatically cool.

351247[/snapback]

Seconded on everything.

I have the original, and I'll wind up with the port. I'm shameless like that.

I love the battle system. I *really* wish other games would copy it, ESPECIALLY those that are "you control the hero, the other 2 are AI". You'd only need 2 buttons to control the other 2 characters, and I swear my one-button control would be superior to the AI. I am surprised other Tri-Ace games haven't used it---they still make other party members AI-controlled like every other developer.

Edited by David Hingtgen

So... I just scooped up a VP game for $90 USD on Ebay. Discussing payment details with the guy now.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

At least I'll get to play the original (I hope ...in about 2 weeks maybe) before venturing to get the sequel.

Personally, I think that's an okay price, versus buying a whole new PSP for $300 CDN plus the game...another $60 at least. Just to play the PSP version of the first game....a bit too much overkill now don't cha think? :unsure:

Plus I get to play on my TV set instead of a portable thing. I really was never into portable gaming. I prefer reading a book instead. :)

Edited by Spatula

There's a TV adapter for PSP? Do tell me more----I've pretty much been holding off on all next-gen portables due to screen size. (RPGs NEED a bigger screen to see the menus, and VP is especially bad--it's up there with FF8 for "tiny fonts")

My GBA hasn't been used in years, I play them all on my GC. There's many GBA games I own that have never even been IN a GBA.

Frankly, the GB Color was about the limit IMHO for resolution/screen size.