Pics From Silent Hill Movie

bsu legato

For the love of God, people! Stay out of Silent Hill! I don't care if you got an IM from your dead brother, or if your grandmother was driving down to a friend's house to play bridge, or if you got a post card from your childhood pet dog "Scruffy"....just don't go to Silent Hill! That place is seriously messed up!

But of course, if movie characters listened to me there wuoldn't be a Silent Hill movie. Or a Matrix Trilogy, but that's another rant entirely. Go HERE for exclusive pics of the upcomming movie. And when freaky baby ghosts with giant knives come tottering towards you, remember that I told you so!

ugh. I was about to dispute it couldn't be worse than Resident Evil films or the House of the Dead but after seeing the pics I think it could be worse.

Well if they base it on the first film all they need to do is pump so much fog in that you can't see anything. Or maybe they should pump the fog into the cinema itself. If I can't see the screen I might enjoy it more.

Looks like it's based on the first game (not film) except they changed the main character from a widowed dad to a mother and upped the role of Cybill. Strange decision.

I wish they'd base the plot on the 2nd game though... that was definitely the most cinematic of the series and has tons of good materials to draw from.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Curious.

I shall reserve judgement until I see more about this movie. The first game scared the living crap out of me. Resident Evil got me to jump from crap popping out of windows and stuff. But Silent Hill scared the crap out of me. It was worse because I would only play it late at night. :lol:

i'm going to have to wait to see how this turns out. I've

thought they were scary, just twisted. The pace of the

games has always been a bit slow. but they could atleast

keep the gender of the characters the same or maybe they'll

combine the 1st three games into one movie. who knows.

They definately need to set these up more as mysteries.

instead of chase crap of the RE movie.

And will ythey add the alien ending into the credits of

the movie :D

Silent Hill might be one of the best candidates for video game to movie adaptations. I mean...its all there. Story, setting, background, its just too good to mess up really. Heck, Silent Hill the game itself was based largely on movies and books from the horror genre, mainly lending itself alot from the twisted and quite freaky, Jacob's Ladder. But then here comes Hollywood with its evil scythe of film making.

Running around town which switches realities here and there, they can really make this film rock. I saw some screenshots of the actual town itself and they had the Bowl-o-rama, the mannequins all done pretty well. Looking at these new screenies however....i'm now casted high in doubt. That 3rd picture where they had the meaty skin hanging there, obviously in the evil dimension, is just too....fake and CG. I mean look at that whole scene. Its like live action actors superimposed into a CG background. Most horrid. >_<

From the pictures it seems that movie is going to follow closely the first game plot (but who knows for sure?). I really like how it looks so far but I do hope that they try to keep the main character alone and not in groups.

And I'd love to spend a vacation on Silent Hill, really. =D

Edited by LinxCrossq

ugh. I was about to dispute it couldn't be worse than Resident Evil films or the House of the Dead but after seeing the pics I think it could be worse.

Well if they base it on the first film all they need to do is pump so much fog in that you can't see anything. Or maybe they should pump the fog into the cinema itself. If I can't see the screen I might enjoy it more.

349824[/snapback]

silenthill_sign.jpg

Hmmm i might've posted this here before on another thread.

SilentHillPoster.jpg

Director: Christophe Gans

Release: April 2006

Here are some images of the Silent Hill movie, directed by Christophe Gans, the cast include:

Radha Mitchell

Sean Bean

Laurie Holden

Deborah Kara Unger

Kim Coates

Tanya Allen

Jodelle Ferland

Story:

Rose cannot accept the knowledge that her daughter Sharon is dying of a fatal disease. Over the protests of her husband, she flees with her child, intending to take the girl to a faith healer. On the way, she ends up driving through a portal in reality, which takes her to the eerie and deserted town of Silent Hill. Sharon disappears in Silent Hill, and Rose follows what she thinks is her daughter's silhouette all over town. It's soon clear the town is not like any place she's ever been. It's inhabited by a variety of creatures and a living darkness that descends and literally transforms everything it touches. The human inhabitants (the ones who are left) are trapped and fighting a losing battle against the Darkness.

Joined by a cop named Cybil, who has been sent to bring her and Sharon back, Rose searches for her little girl while learning the history of Silent Hill and that Sharon is just a pawn in a larger game. To save her daughter, Sharon makes a deal with a demon in the form of a little girl, and allows the forces of darkness to take the town and destroy those who tried to destroy the demon.

Silenthill01.jpg

Silenthill02.jpg

Silenthill03.jpg

Silenthill04.jpg

Silenthill05.jpg

Silenthill06.jpg

349824[/snapback]

silenthill_sign.jpg

349868[/snapback]

LOL! I knew it.. it will be a box office SMASH! :D

Looks like it's based on the first game (not film) except they changed the main character from a widowed dad to a mother and upped the role of Cybill.  Strange decision.

349828[/snapback]

Not strange at all, especially when you consider that Hollywood and even the world of anime insists on pumping out works that feature girls with guns, girls with swords, girls kicking butt, girl power, girls as heroes, girls creating tornadoes, etc...

The new DOA movie, the Resident Evil films, AvP, Tomb Raider, Noir, Burst- Angel, Scrapped Princess....As Jameson always said, "Crap, crap, mega-crap!"

These people need to realize that the whole girl-power, Spice Girl thing died a long time ago and has no credibility with the public...

Those pics really leave me dubitative <_< I played the 1st and 2nd SH only and IMO pics have some SH style (silenthillpic15.jpg)

but the rest seems too bright with too much light.

SH was "night game" with dirt, blood and low light. The pics below are too clean

silenthill1excl.jpg

This one is the worst, it loks like a bad cosplay

silenthillpic17.jpg

Bah, wait and see at the end i will probably give it a try. I am a professionnal "money-waster-in-crappy-movies" last shot was Doom :wacko: It will be difficult for SH to be worst....

Looks like it's based on the first game (not film) except they changed the main character from a widowed dad to a mother and upped the role of Cybill.  Strange decision.

349828[/snapback]

Not strange at all, especially when you consider that Hollywood and even the world of anime insists on pumping out works that feature girls with guns, girls with swords, girls kicking butt, girl power, girls as heroes, girls creating tornadoes, etc...

The new DOA movie, the Resident Evil films, AvP, Tomb Raider, Noir, Burst- Angel, Scrapped Princess....As Jameson always said, "Crap, crap, mega-crap!"

These people need to realize that the whole girl-power, Spice Girl thing died a long time ago and has no credibility with the public...

349933[/snapback]

I dispute that Scrapped Princess be included in that list, she's not exactly made out to be Lara Croft. :p

That aside, this movie does look bad, I fear for a possible Metal Gear movie..

Execs stay away!

349933[/snapback]

Turn on your brain for just a moment. It's a horror film. What do most horror films have in common? The changes in this have nothing to do with "girl power", fool.

P.S. I actually know who that girl in your avatar is but I doubt you care to get the info from me.

Edited by Jemstone

Last picture looks like David Bowie from that Jim Henson puppet movie. I forget the name, the one where Jennifer Connelly still had her rack.

350200[/snapback]

Labrynth? I think not. My fave released pic of the movie.

silenthill1.jpg

Turn on your brain for just a moment. It's a horror film. What do most horror films have in common?  The changes in this have nothing to do with "girl power", fool.

P.S.  I actually know who that girl in your avatar is but I doubt you care to get the info from me.

350159[/snapback]

'Jem,

I understand and agree with your point, but at the same time you can't deny the abused and tired trend that I've spoken of, and this very same trend is also being used in the movie; I can think of few other reasons why they would make such a change to the original story. Movie studios, both live action and anime, still think that girls gritting their teeth and saving the universe is a fresh, hot idea and it isn't; the performance of recent works insisting on this formula has been less than stellar. Now, it's not as if I don't approve of a female being the crux of a story, but it has to be deeper than just having an unstoppable woman with a weapon for the sake of it; exploitive stories such as those make me ill...

In addition, I've come to admire your knowledge of the things that we speak of in the 'Forums, and respect your opinions and laugh at your wit; at the very least please show me the courtesy of a kind neighbor and leave the baseless attempts at scathing remarks for.......MGREXX.

Finally, thank you, but I've already learned the identity of my avatar as well. I could definitely use your help in determining the identity of another possible avatar, if you're up to it....

Edited by myk

• 1 month later...

If they have those little creepy crying ghostly baby things in the school, I'll poop my pants and put a paper bag over my head. Damn those things creeped me out when I played that game. Walking in the corridors, then suddenly one appears out of nowhere and right by my character, and I totally freaked out.

The trailer looks interesting, I really hope the movie does Silent Hill justice.

• 2 months later...

Well considering that Konami provided direct input on the movie and the director is quite well known and has some good credit to his name, silent hill fan to boot i think the movie will be one of the better if not best VG to movie translations. Those pics are production shots without all the film processing and lighting on it so yes they will be brighter. They seem to have captured the look,feel and idea behind Silent Hill very well even down to the hell world bits.

This i WILL se in theatres, RE3 i will wait till it comes on tv.

Edited by HWR MKII

If they have those little creepy crying ghostly baby things in the school, I'll poop my pants and put a paper bag over my head.  Damn those things creeped me out when I played that game.  Walking in the corridors, then suddenly one appears out of nowhere and right by my character, and I totally freaked out.

The trailer looks interesting, I really hope the movie does Silent Hill justice.

362593[/snapback]

What I remember as being really creepy was the very begining and your walking down the alley and the cameras point of view keeps changing and and then you realize theres no-where to go and you get surrounded by the those litlt bloody guys anfd your character gets killed and then he wakes up. :unsure::blink:

I think that was in SH-1

Thank God this movie is Rated R.

385656[/snapback]

Is that already official?????

NICE!!!!!

It means it'll be C here (Mexico's version of R rating). No stupid high-schoolers yelling and screaming at the theater, so I won't have to "silence" anyone *caresses folding-batton* ^_^

EDIT:

Mmmm, just check the official site... it still says "Not rated". <_<

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu