The Fifth Season Of 24.

UN Spacy

Oh my god!  Did you guys watched two hours of 24??

I just saw it, damn it!

Good news - Kim returned, yay but err...

Bad news, Edgar deceased, poisoned by nerve gas.

This show is toughest and painful than all!

Poor Chloe that she watched Edgar's death.

I cried a bit. :(

Damn to terrorists!

First the mall, then hospital, and then CTU!

and that stupid guy who killed Lynn's sister!

Aw man... :(

377471[/snapback]

My favorite part was when jack shot robocop's wife.

Robocop: Go ahead Jack, shoot me. I won't say anything, I'm a patriot!

Wife: AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Robocop: "Jack you son of a bitch!!!!" :lol:

Edited by realdeal

My favorite part was when jack shot robocop's wife.

Robocop: Go ahead Jack, shoot me. I won't say anything, I'm a patriot!

Wife: AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Robocop: "Jack you son of a bitch!!!!" :lol:

377473[/snapback]

LOL at Robocop, i loved it.

In fact, Robocop doesn't care anyone, not very cool through.

Lynn should feel real bad now because of him not reporting what happened to him many people paid for it.  I think just being fired is not enough.  :angry:

377743[/snapback]

"but Mr. Frodo, sum times things just happen cause they happen... ain't nothin the good folks can do about it." So says the shrieking hobbit.

.....For all we know Agent Samwise might be suckin' on some nerve gas.

Very tight pair of episodes last night.

"I SHOT HER ABOVE THE KNEECAP. SHE CAN STILL WALK!!"

:lol:

What an awesome, funny, crazy scene!

It is comforting to know all it takes is an altered key card to access a high security government facility without the need for forged thumb and retica scans.

Pffft. James Cameron wrote a better, more realistic scenario with True Lies over a decade ago than these 'hot' TV writers they grabbed for this season. Hell, even the first Charlie's Angels movies had more realism with the security bypass sequence.

Right. It's easier to break into CTU headquarters than it is to assume someone's identity and get a credit card...

Just watched it last night. Very intense! Edgar's death was deinitely a shocker and pretty sad. :( But on a funny note, while Edgar was dying right in front of Chloe, they should have started playing Whitney Houston's song from The Bodyguard... and Iiiiiiieeeiiii, will always love youuuuuuuuuuu. :lol:

Gotta agree about the lax security there at CTU especially since the place was BOMBED just a few years earlier. Also with what these guys are doing, I would think their operation would be more clandestine and their base of operations more secured and classified. With the place having been bombed by terrorists already, I think they would have moved to a new location.

As for Lynn, he is proof that it best to seek help and take care of a problem early on instead of letting a problem fester. His sister might be alive and all those CTU agents, including Edgar, would still be alive.

As for next week, who wants to bet that Tony will sacrifice his life to save everyone in the sealed rooms?

It is comforting to know all it takes is an altered key card to access a high security government facility without the need for forged thumb and retica scans.

Pffft.  James Cameron wrote a better, more realistic scenario with True Lies over a decade ago than these 'hot' TV writers they grabbed for this season.  Hell, even the first Charlie's Angels movies had more realism with the security bypass sequence.

378047[/snapback]

Gotta Agree with that, even IF the whole card thing would work, nobody bothered to check the large case he was bringing in with him, or at least run it through a metal detecter!?

I know it's just a show and certain liberties are/need to be taken, but gimme a break! <_<

Chris

It's nice that Kim is back, but it seems her boyfriend is also her therapist! I don't think Jack's going to be too happy with that.

I also thought Jack was going to beat the crap out of him until Kim told him to leave the room. I wish he would've, that guy was really annoying. I'm sure they are going to exchange some words next episode, and hopefully jack convinces Kim to leave that guy.

It's nice that Kim is back, but it seems her boyfriend is also her therapist!  I don't think Jack's going to be too happy with that.

I also thought Jack was going to beat the crap out of him until Kim told him to leave the room. I wish he would've, that guy was really annoying. I'm sure they are going to exchange some words next episode, and hopefully jack convinces Kim to leave that guy.

378358[/snapback]

The boyfriend cracked me up. He is like one of those guys who has been spending too much time in his office and never stuck his head out into the real world. A Jack Bauer pummeling I think would've been a nice introduction to reality for this guy. And jeez, talk about not knowing when to bud out. He probably is pissed at Kim for sending him out, not knowing how much a favor Kim did him by telling him to go.

I think he and the shrieking hobbit needs to go together.

So the reason Kim took so long to return to the show is because of a plastic surgery gone wrong... no amount of makeup could hide that scar on her chin, LOL.

378673[/snapback]

What exactly did she change (chin?)? She was just beautiful the way she was.

Edited by Apollo Leader

From being comatose, to recovering and then dying-that's really sad...

380077[/snapback]

I almost shed a tear tonight........NO SILENT COUNTDOWN THIS TIME?

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

This season is TOO MUCH of tear jerker for me.

Let see.....

The President having a heart-to-heart w/the First Lady and letting his weakness show

...Jack hearing his daughter say "goodbye daddy..."[how cryptic?!]

...Lynn & the red shirt sacrifice(did the producers use 'red shirts' on purpose to convey the quintessential, cannon fodder archetype?) :lol:

...Tony biting it and letting Hender-Cop get away,

...CTU losing ~40-50% personnel and YET another team of "you're ALL impotent losers/fired!" new bosses set to run whats left.

All this loss & pathos just means to me that this is the dark before the dawn. Some serious terrorist/mofo-A#$-kicking payback for the bad guys in near future episodes...the likes of which we've never seen before. OORAH! I hope, anyway.

Oh man... that was C. Thomas Howell? Time hasn't been kind to the Soul Man.

It's kinda lame that they keep using that "I made a huge mistake and now I gotta make the ultimate sacrifice to reddem myself" routine. BSG used that a couple of weeks ago too. I wish they would just let these people get humiliated at the end and get what they deserve.

Lynn: Jack! I was responsible for this attack on CTU!

Jack: Stupid hobbitses! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!

And how many incompetent advisors does the President have?

There was a heavy patch of makeup on her chin sticking out like a real eye sore in last week's episode. It's gone this week though... wonder if any digital touchup was involved.

I don't really see any regular cast surviving after the last hour of the season though. These new writers just don't care for the characters and seem hellbent on killing every last one of them.

So the reason Kim took so long to return to the show is because of a plastic surgery gone wrong... no amount of makeup could hide that scar on her chin, LOL.

378673[/snapback]

What exactly did she change (chin?)? She was just beautiful the way she was.

378684[/snapback]

I just watched it recently (Note: I set a VCR timer for 24 on Monday while i was out for dinner. I returned and want to watch it, but failed. I set 8-9pm not 9-10pm. :( Checked the tv listing and saw a show repeat later, but didn't see and was busy doing my computer. There's one more show with same episode air on Wednesday and already set a timer, but failed again that did not turn it standby (power off). Argh, I have no choice but to download 24 torrent file plus subtitle. Now I seen it.)

This episode is... after Edgar's death... trapped in safe area less than a hour...

Lynn McGill (Sam-wise the Great) and one security guard sacrificed to save other people in safe area.

Security Guard:

* holds mouth while Lynn went out *

* releases mouth when he's back *

I'm okay?

I'm okay!

!?

* Vomits and dies *

RIP Lynn McGrill.

Kim Bauer decide to leave again... what a shame...

Tony Almeida wanted to revenge for his wife Michelle Dessler.

* Approachs to Henderson *

* Wants to kill him but delay and wait for his answer *

Time's up...

* Picks up the needle and tries to stab him *

* Henderson counters and stabs Tony's heart then leaves *

She's gone... * dies *

RIP Tony Almedia

Conclusion:

Meanwhile in underworld, Lynn met his sister and Tony met his wife there...

UN Spacy: This season is TOO MUCH of tear jerker for me.

Yeah, me too... :( :( :( :( :(

Also, best... show... ever... :o

I hope Jack has some terrible things in mind when he catches up to ol' Robocop.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

381209[/snapback]

Oh yeah, that Robocop is nearly creep me out.

* his eyes open *

* holds Tony's hand and gets up *

* stabs Tony's chest hardly then fled *

The Robocop is alive! Red Alert!

I hope Jack has some terrible things in mind when he catches up to ol' Robocop.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

381209[/snapback]

Oh yeah, that Robocop is nearly creep me out.

* his eyes open *

* holds Tony's hand and gets up *

* stabs Tony's chest hardly then fled *

The Robocop is alive! Red Alert!

381377[/snapback]

They are thinking of having part of next season take place outside the US like in England or some where else. for like 3-4 episodes as an example. Seems like an intresting concept hope they dont jump the shark.

PS would you see 24 going on and continuing if Bauer buck the kicket (Speaking bassackward as my mom would say )

Sutherland is part of the production team, I'm sure he has enough say to keep himself in the cast unless he got sick of the acting and decided to only work behind the scenes.

'Thank you for your cooperation.'

Any bets on who dies this week?

382254[/snapback]

Story goes that Keifer seriously proposed that Jack would be killed during season 2. I think the script originally had him flying the nuke out to its detonation point, sacrificing his life. But in the end, the show is undoubtedly "The Jack Bauer Power Hour"... no Jack, no 24.

the question would be who would replace him? Chase? hell no, too weak. Curtis? maybe, but hes not really brutal enough. the only way 24 could keep going is with an equally interesting lead, like mabye tony would have been.

381492[/snapback]

The only person I thought could (at least) fill Jacks shoes was Tony. Now that's out of the question I don't think I'd wathc the show if Kiefer jumped ship.

BUT. Since they're getting the CTU element out of the way (for next season maybe) I think 24 OUTSIDE of Los Angeles would be a good idea.

Sutherland is part of the production team, I'm sure he has enough say to keep himself in the cast unless he got sick of the acting and decided to only work behind the scenes.

'Thank you for your cooperation.'

Any bets on who dies this week?

382254[/snapback]

We've got.

Curtis?

Maybe Kim and C. Thomas Howell?

Definitely NOT Chloe.

Or maybe Jack will finally catch up to Robocop and exact some revenge BAUER STYLE.

oh

My

GOD

Anyone see that recently?

Audrey Raines!?

She got to be kidding!

She can't be...!?

Is she...?

Is she being serious?

Meanwhile in other character... Wayne Palmer is under attack, somebody help him. He has something to say to Agent Aaron. The terrorists are moving to next target. A building where 200,000 people are in there. Chloe rules, and spilled the coffee on new worker's pant. That's all.

Wonder what will happens in next hour...