Robotech CCG

Hmmm.....

I'm not sure this is encouraging....

erickĀ 

Subject: RE: Updates

Posted on: October 12, 2005 - 11:52:02 AM

Edited on: October 12, 2005 - 11:52:35 AM

Okay... we are still working.

The current plan for the first release is a 50-card 2-player Beta Starter. The Starter will consist of 2 25-card decks (1 Earth, 1 Zentraedi), a rulebook/playmat and some other bonuses. It will only be available through hobby channels and Robotech.com.

Well...that leaves Masters War and Invid War fans out cold. Thank you very f*cking much....as if we didn't get $hit on enough.

Robotech CCG.com

I remember back in my Artclass my Senior year we had to come up with a card design. Everyone was doing the various styles of sports and junk with really basic designs.

I was the ONLY ONE who thought of a Collectible Card game cause they weren't really that hot yet. I designed an entire Macross 7 game where you can be a UN forces, Sound Force or Protodevlin character from the series, have a range of attacks, defenses and specials and the object was too decrease ones level of Spiritia to 0.

I also did the entire card game thru photoshop and MSN Paint and recieved the highest grade in the class for it. Alot wanted to see a finished product but I told 'em no way and scrapped the game soon after. It got way to complex for even me to understand.

Are people still playing collectable card games?

I could have sworn they went out with the Macerena, Dawson's Creek and Sienfeld.

343957[/snapback]

Don't forget pogs.

H

Alot wanted to see a finished product but I told 'em no way and scrapped the game soon after.Ā  It got way to complex for even me to understand.

Heh.

I could have sworn they went out with the Macerena, Dawson's Creek and Sienfeld.

343957[/snapback]

Yes, but Yugioh and Pokemon resurrected them.

343987[/snapback]

For gradeschool kids...

Any adult seen by me with a Yugioh deck in his hands, unless he is shoving it down some 10 year old's throat, will be made fun of with loud report.

... and anyway I thought even the gradeschool set was beyond the CCG stuff at this point, aren't they?

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

343987[/snapback]

For gradeschool kids...

Any adult seen by me with a Yugioh deck in his hands, unless he is shoving it down some 10 year old's throat, will be made fun of with loud report.

... and anyway I thought even the gradeschool set was beyond the CCG stuff at this point, aren't they?

343995[/snapback]

I know some adult people that are heavily into the Yugioh thing.

I let it slide, 'cuz they're good people otherwise.

anyways...

PROTOCULTURE GO! SHADOW ALPHA, I CHOOSE YOU!

343957[/snapback]

Tactical minis games (D&D, Warhammer, Axis & Allies, etc.) are the big thing right now. In fact, if they did a Robotech minis game, I'd consider buying into it, depending on how good the sculpts were.

Ordinarily I do not lower myself to making blanket stupid statements, but this announcement just begs for one and I'm in a patricularly vindictive mood:

People who play a RT CCG are gay fags.

Secondly... only available through RT.com and certain hobby outlets? How can the game spread or expect to find enough players if the distribution points are so serverely limited? This is like asking a business to just throw money away.

I would not only laugh at players of such a card game, I would probaby steal their lunch money and beat them up. I'd steal their girlfriends and make pr0n with them too, but such characters are likely to have the sexual charisma God gave the average rock and as such, HAVE no girlfriends to steal (or if they did, I wouldn't want to touch them)

(LOL, could you imagine cards from "The Super Secret HARMONY GOLD COLLECTOR'S pack"? A super rare card!!! I can see it now: "TONY OLIVER! I CHOOSE YOU!!")

Edited by Skull Leader

344214[/snapback]

And yet your signature says:

Agent One took my virginity, and he will sure as hell take yours. If you're thinking to yourself, "That's impossible, I already lost my virginity.", then you are dead wrong.

MGREXX is my bitch

Don't worry, once you get past the denial and accept it, you can step out of the closet a proud man.

Edited by yellowlightman

343957[/snapback]

Tactical minis games (D&D, Warhammer, Axis & Allies, etc.) are the big thing right now. In fact, if they did a Robotech minis game, I'd consider buying into it, depending on how good the sculpts were.

344205[/snapback]

The variable dynamics of a Valkyrie would be difficult to replicate in a tac-mini game, you would potentially need 3 different sliders/dials, or otherwise indicate with modifiers. It seems cool at first (it works well enough for Mechwarrior: Dark Ages), but it would be difficult also because of the high speed at which most Macross combat takes place... especially when you consider that most combat was "one shot, one kill" sort of things.(there were exceptions, but those were reserved for story characters). Wouldn't make for a very interesting game unless several liberties were taken (ALA the Palladium roleplaying game)

Edited by Skull Leader

Don't worry, once you get past the denial and accept it, you can step out of the closet a proud man.

344217[/snapback]

Greatness such as Agent one's transcends all gender boundaries. It is eternal. :)

Edited by Skull Leader

343957[/snapback]

344205[/snapback]

The variable dynamics of a Valkyrie would be difficult to replicate in a tac-mini game, you would potentially need 3 different sliders/dials, or otherwise indicate with modifiers. It seems cool at first (it works well enough for Mechwarrior: Dark Ages), but it would be difficult also because of the high speed at which most Macross combat takes place... especially when you consider that most combat was "one shot, one kill" sort of things.(there were exceptions, but those were reserved for story characters). Wouldn't make for a very interesting game unless several liberties were taken (ALA the Palladium roleplaying game)

344218[/snapback]

If it were me, I'd go for a capitol ship scale set-up. Do the valks as squadrons instead of as individuals.

Ordinarily I do not lower myself to making blanket stupid statements, but this announcement just begs for one and I'm in a patricularly vindictive mood:

344214[/snapback]

LOL! Thanks, Skull Leader, that made my day!