1/72 VF-4 Resin Kit

Valk009

Valkyrie - Nice work on the VF-11  B))

Looks like you did some kit bashing, is the nosecone from the Hase YF-19 and the wings from the Hase YF-21 with heavy modification?

342111[/snapback]

It's almost entirely the stock Club-M kit, actually. The only part that I replaced was the head turret. The original was pretty screwed up, so I machined a new one on my lathe.

Yup, that's the club M alright, I know cuz I'm building my original right now.

The one on hobbyfan has 6 out of 10 orders so four more to go before they restock it. I noticed from looking at that kit that the nosecone (more duckbilled than mine) and wingshape is different than the Club M that I have, it also has fastpacks which mine doesn't have. Anyone know what kit that is?

Edited by Grayson72

Yup, that's the club M alright, I know cuz I'm building my original right now.

The one on hobbyfan has 6 out of 10 orders so four more to go before they restock it.  I noticed from looking at that kit that the nosecone (more duckbilled than mine) and wingshape is different than the Club M that I have, it also has fastpacks which mine doesn't have.  Anyone know what kit that is?

342161[/snapback]

My memory may be foggy, but I thought the original Club-M VF-11 came with options for both the FAST packs and the solid fuel boosters (a la Macross Plus). The instructions in the model section seem to bear this out.

vf11instructions4.jpg

The one Hobbyfan has listed is by Retpuu. Not only does the nose suck, but the fast packs are way too big also.

And Grayson, if yours doesn't have the fast packs, that must mean you've got the limited edition version, which was sold at WonderFest and/or JAFcon.

The one Hobbyfan has listed is by Retpuu.  Not only does the nose suck, but the fast packs are way too big also. 

And Grayson, if yours doesn't have the fast packs, that must mean you've got the limited edition version, which was sold at WonderFest and/or JAFcon.

342232[/snapback]

You are correct! The box says Wonder Festival '98 on the front.

I've found another one here at monsters in motion.

It's cheaper, but then what about the quality?  How is this one? 

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/pr...products_id=134

342238[/snapback]

I had this one and sold it, it's horrible, it's a resin cast of the Retppu Vinyl kit, no gear and actual sanding marks already cast into the pieces for your inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the one from Monster in Motion and cried when I open the box. Not ashamed to admit it. Then Less Than Super Ostrich took pity on me and sold me a superior kit(a recast of the Yellow submarine one I think)

I love the Vf-4 so much I want another one. Put me down for one please.

Edited by cokefiend

I once got an SDF-1 from monstersinmotion and... well... I still haven't had the courage to take it to the nearest trashbin but this is where it'll end up anyway... And e2046 has one up for preorder at half the price I paid mine. aaagh

If it's not too late I would possibly be in for a VF-4, what would be the price with shipping to France ? Do you intend to include an extra canopy or a resin master to mold a new canopy in case something bad happens ?

I once got an SDF-1 from monstersinmotion and... well... I still haven't had the courage to take it to the nearest trashbin but this is where it'll end up anyway... And e2046 has one up for preorder at half the price I paid mine. aaagh

347837[/snapback]

Hi! I purschased a SDF-1 in monstersinmotion too... and yes, is ugly... do you know if this kit is the same than HobbyFan and e2046?? Its quality is the same? Because if the hobbyfan and e2046 models are better, I'll purshase it again...

Hi! I purschased a SDF-1 in monstersinmotion too... and yes, is ugly... do you know if this kit is the same than HobbyFan and e2046?? Its quality is the same? Because if the hobbyfan and e2046 models are better, I'll purshase it again...

349476[/snapback]

I feel less alone now ! Ha ha it's somewhat pervert but I feel better about that kit !

Actually I finally ordered the sdf-1 from e2046. I've bought several kits from them (Five Star Stories mortar heads) and the resin and casting are far better. I could not guarantee you their sdf-1 will be as good as theit mortar heads because I don't know if the castings are always made by the same workshop, but for the price I'm ready to try my luck, at worst their sdf-1 should be easier to tweak. Heck I pulled my SDF-1 box off the shelf and it reads 149.50$ !!! And it's so crappy, I can't believe they have the guts to sell that. On the other hand I didn't protest at the time because I thought this could be the last opportunity to get an SDF-1. I might give a try at modifying my monstersinmotion kit to look like a Supervision Army craft, this way I could forget the poorly cast ARMDs.

Edited by superdupont

Things are coming together ;) The first batch of kits are casted, all metal parts ready, the new instruction sheet and the decals will be ready by the end of the week!

A completed kit will be on display by Wednesday, latest Thursday. I will slowly contact each interested member regarding payment/shipping details.

post-1066-1133794821_thumb.jpg

349476[/snapback]

I feel less alone now ! Ha ha it's somewhat pervert but I feel better about that kit !

Actually I finally ordered the sdf-1 from e2046. I've bought several kits from them (Five Star Stories mortar heads) and the resin and casting are far better. I could not guarantee you their sdf-1 will be as good as theit mortar heads because I don't know if the castings are always made by the same workshop, but for the price I'm ready to try my luck, at worst their sdf-1 should be easier to tweak. Heck I pulled my SDF-1 box off the shelf and it reads 149.50$ !!! And it's so crappy, I can't believe they have the guts to sell that. On the other hand I didn't protest at the time because I thought this could be the last opportunity to get an SDF-1. I might give a try at modifying my monstersinmotion kit to look like a Supervision Army craft, this way I could forget the poorly cast ARMDs.

349523[/snapback]

Hi! I sended an e-mail to hobbyfan with pics of my SDF-1 kit, and they said the following:

"-Wow... that kit you have is very bad. all the detail shrink and gone.

Any how, this SDF-1 we have in stock currently isn't from G-System.

Because of their over price tag to restock. Not too many of our customer is asking for this item anymore from their workshop.

But not too worry. This kit is cast by one of our most preferred workshop at Hobbyfan.

Resin purity is even better then G-System. (G-System used mixed martial to ran around cost. Even thought they have super clean seam line. But just isn't perfect. for the picky hobbyist like me).

The differences between G-Sys and this other workshop (CT) we also preferred.

Again, G-sys used mixed martial. And high price tag. Other wise, they are the best of choice. Still rate very high in our book ranking.

CT use 100% pure resin. Seam notice able level is any where from little to none (none = perfect). Best of all, at a much lowered price tag then G-Sys.

I can guarantee you satisfaction on this kit casting quality. Or full refund without a question asked with in 15 days.

Give us a call for live support if you wish. (510)-655-0888.

As for missing part issue. If you have experience missing or damaged parts on the delivery. Contact us and we will send replacement or additional supports if required.

We want you to be a satisfy customer here at Hobbyfan.com.

Thank you,

Jeffrey

hobbyfan.com"

Edited by cool8or

From the comments I read here and there, e2046 and hobbyfan kits are the same quality overall. Possibly even produced by the same workshops. For me e2046 is the better choice because of their incredibly low p&p rate, and they've been very friendly so far. That said, about the sdf-1, it's a common point to most recasts that detail is slightly less sharp than the original thing. Just after my order on monstersinmotion shipped last year, an original yellow sub sdf-1 popped up on ebay for the same price... I was so mad !

Btw, sorry Valk to somehow hijack the thread, it's nice to see that the VF-4s are coming along, with a complete model to be seen soon. Have you made a decision about the canopy ? ;)

No probs for hi-jacking the thread, at least it keeps it alive :lol:

I just sent out PM's to all people interested in the 1/72 VF-4 fighter resin kit in regards of payment and shipping dates.

Prices are US$85 per kit and will include first class air mail and registered postal service.

I understand that some of you are still deciding, which is fine as ;)

Wow! Those are simply beautiful! :o

Is it too late to get one? Or did you make a limited run? :unsure:

Please let me know. Thanks! B))

Whew! Under the wire. kicking.gif

I missed out on Captain's 1/48 VF-1D conversion kit wallbash.gif, I ain't missing out on this one. drool.gif

Okay, everyone who paid for the VF-4 up to this point will be receiving the kit very shortly as it is already in the mail! All payments received from today onwards will get their kit shipped out in mid January when I get back.

My friend the creator of the kit, Anthony and I welcome any comments in regards to quality, decals, instructions (okay, some English grammer have been spotted but nothing too big :p ) etc. as it is his first time producing a resin kit in large volume, usually only one or two kits will be casted for own use!

A completed kit is already on hand and I just need to find some time to take some pictures and post them up!

Got mine today, everything looks great, nice little box, instructions and decals, very well done.

353764[/snapback]

Being from California, that makes sense you would get it first. How fast we get it depends on how it was shipped (from Hong Kong, remember).

Has anyone gotten thier kit yet?

<_<  <_<

353670[/snapback]

Nope.

353721[/snapback]

Yeah. Yeah! YEAH! YEAH!!!!1!1!!11 :D

I just got mine, in like, not even over 10 mins when I got home from work! jumpy.gif

About 1:30 PM.....in Canada, BABY!!1111! rock.gif

At first I thought, what's this small package from Hong Kong? :huh:

Then I opened it, THEN I REALLY OPENED IT!!1!! drool.gif

Sweetness all around, baby. Sweetness. B))