Ridge Racer 6 new scans and info!

isamu

October 6, 2005 - Ridge Racer 6 will join Need For Speed as the two big launch racers for the Xbox 360 later this year, oddly mirroring the PSP launch. As with the PSP version, Namco seems to be giving this first next generation RR game its full attention, with all the modes, cars and tracks you could want from a launch title. This from the latest issue of Famitsu.

Namco is working on a bunch of game modes for RR6, all accessible via the slick interface we've come to expect from the series. The main mode of play is called World Explorer, and accessing this mode opens up options for Global Time Attack, Single Race, Online Battle, Multi Battle, Options, Garage and Save/Load. World Explorer takes place in a world called "Ridge Universe," where more than 230 races await. The races are accessed on a massive flow chart. You're free to construct your own race tour, selecting the order of multiple courses or, for those who like to keep things simple, choosing just a single course.

In all, the game will have 30 courses -- the most ever for the series. Famitsu introduces five new courses that are being prepared for the game: Harborline 765 (4.167km), Southbay Docks (5.694km), Highland Cliffs (6.377km), Crossbay Tunnel (7.149km) and Surfside Resort (3.527km).

Courses aren't the only area of the game getting attention. Namco is also adding a bunch of new cars to the Ridge Racer franchise with part 6. The game will feature over 130 cars, including Meltfire, a new sports car, and Hijack, a new next generation sports car.

Reiko Nagase is back for spokesperson duties, and she looks easier than ever. Here's her updated profile: Birthplace, Tokyo; Height, 165cm; Weight, 48kg; Three sizes, 85/58/86; Foot size, 23cm; Blood type, A. Reiko is said to be good at swimming. She likes driving and making soufflés, and on her days off, she enjoys driving with her (most likely hot) sister and scuba diving. Her favorite foods are minestrone and potato chips (???), and she seems to love Namco games, as she lists Pacman and We Love Katamari as her favorite games. In the future, she hopes to become an astronaut.

It seems that Nagase will have a greater role in the game this time around. Apparently, once you've cleared certain conditions, she'll send you letters!

Development on Ridge Racer 6 is being headed up by series veterans Hideo Teramoto (producer) and Masaya Kobayashi (director). Commenting to the magazine, Kobayashi reveals that team Ridge Racer is aiming for 60 frames per second in the final build -- something we've come to expect from the series. Teramoto states that he wants to convey the same style of drift mechanics we've seen in previous entries.

Xbox Live play will make it into the title, as suggested by the above mode list, but Teramoto is not willing to commit just yet on how many players will be able to race Online. He hopes to push the game as far as possible in this regard and allow for the maximum number of possible players to race Online together. He also mentions that the game's Global Time Attack mode, where you race against the times of racers throughout the world. This is the mode that he most enjoys, he admits.

Moving on to gameplay specifics, Kobayashi hints that we can expect some changes to the nitro system, resulting in greater opportunity for strategy and a better feel. Enemy AI has been improved, and on top of that, due to the greater number of cars on screen, you'll have to aim for openings in the road. The TGS version didn't have any traffic, so hearing that the final version will have lots of opponent cars has us excited.

Ridge Racer 6 is listed as 80% complete in Famitsu and is scheduled to launch with the X360 in Japan on 12/10.

This game is mine....

719001.jpg

th_8e9_rrs1.jpgth_99a_rrs2.jpgth_5f5_rrs3.jpg

It looks awesome, if i get the 360 this will be one of the first games i get, I am still playing Ridge Racer for the PSP alot it has yet to get old for me with all the tracks , cars and other unlockables. I look forward to seeing this one in action.

Chris

Yeah. The 360 is SO going to suck...

You don't actually believe that, do you? All of this "versus" talk is pointless. Oh well, while people quibble and waste their lives arguing about which system is better, I'll buy each one as they're released and enjoy them all...

It's on the 360 so it's going to suck........just like the 360!!!!! :lol:  :lol:

334927[/snapback]

At least it's not on the GayStation.

Get it? GAYStation? Because, you know, it's gay. HAHAHAHA!

334935[/snapback]

You dare mock the almighty name of "PLAYSTATION"!!!!!!

Are you insane or just plain $tupid?

Oh yeah, Xbox360..........WOW.........what a name. :lol::lol:

It's on the 360 so it's going to suck........just like the 360!!!!! :lol:  :lol:

334927[/snapback]

334935[/snapback]

334951[/snapback]

It's better than GAY$tation. Yeah, GAY-DOLLAR-SIGN-TATION! That's an AWESOME name!

Edited by JB0

334927[/snapback]

334935[/snapback]

334951[/snapback]

It's better than GAY$tation. Yeah, GAY-DOLLAR-SIGN-TATION! That's an AWESOME name!

334960[/snapback]

o.k. ....si, when you have no comeback, you get all weird and retarded huh???.......whatever dude. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

334927[/snapback]

334935[/snapback]

334951[/snapback]

334960[/snapback]

o.k. ....si, when you have no comeback, you get all weird and retarded huh???.......whatever dude. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

335001[/snapback]

You're giving up? Yeah, I thought so! You know you can't defend the GAY$TATION!

Edited by JB0

Oh yeah, Xbox360..........WOW.........what a name. 

We mock you all the time don't we?

:rolleyes: atleast Microsoft gets first dibs into the wireless adventure circle and already has titles planned out for the next 4 years.

Oh yeah, lets not also forget, Microsoft was the only one which had a solid release date which is only slightly over 30 days away...

Where's SONY at this time? Why they're still working off concept designs :D cause their feelings got hurt over the boomer rang controler!

Not too mention, the PS3 looks like George Formans grill but all chrome like......I think I'd like to see something different.

But back on subject from insulting a moron who always inserts his foot so far in his mouth its out of his ass...

The game looks like it'll be pretty good, might go on my list.

First dibs for wireless. Are you $tupid? Ever heard of the wavebird or 3rd party SONY and MS wireless controllers? Titles planned for the next 4 years? Are you $tupid? Try 5 years, which is a systems average life cycle. You must be $tupid.

Solid release date? DUH!!!! No $hit Sherlock. Sony will do the same, when they are freaking ready, which should be a couple months away. The 360 might be days away but I rather wait a few more months and get a real next gen system with a BLue-Ray drive, instead of an Xbox 1.5 and subpar HD-DVD drive.

Where is Sony? Are you $tupid? They are finishing the touches on the PS3 for it's release next spring. As for the controller, it's a conceptual model and not the final design........HELLO...you must be $tupid!!!!!!!. Plus, I would rather have that than the 360's big piece of plastic junk. MS is so mornic that they release a huge, heavy and ugly controller which everybody hates, that they need to redesign it.....talk about being on the crack pipe. NO OTHER CONSOLE HAS HAD TO FIX SOMETHING AS $TUPID AS THAT.

You want to see something different. Sorry, no difference. Sony will be king in 2006, while 360 will be left in the dust, even with their slight lead..........can you say Sega Saturn????? I knew you could. :lol::lol::lol:

Now STFU!!!!!

Edited by MGREXX

RR6 Pics, lets hope Sega releases its other car franchise like Daytona and Super GT and for sure a new Outrun is on the way on Xbox360. MS new system looks like a Sega console.

PS: Saturn wasn`t a failure in Japan and the rest of the Far East, it was No.2. At least its QC was excellent unlike Fonystation.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

First dibs for wireless.  Are you $tupid?  Ever heard of the wavebird or 3rd party SONY and MS wireless controllers? Titles planned for the next 4 years?  Are you $tupid?  Try 5 years, which is a systems average life cycle.  You must be $tupid. 

Solid release date?  DUH!!!! No $hit Sherlock.  Sony will do the same, when they are freaking ready, which should be a couple months away.  The 360 might be days away but I rather wait a few more months and get a real next gen system with a BLue-Ray drive, instead of an Xbox 1.5 and subpar HD-DVD drive.

Where is Sony?  Are you $tupid?  They are finishing the touches on the PS3 for it's release next spring.  As for the controller, it's a conceptual model and not the final design........HELLO...you must be $tupid!!!!!!!.  Plus, I would rather have that than the 360's big piece of plastic junk.  MS is so mornic that they release a huge, heavy and ugly controller which everybody hates, that they need to redesign it.....talk about being on the crack pipe.  NO OTHER CONSOLE HAS HAD TO FIX SOMETHING AS $TUPID AS THAT. 

You want to see something different.  Sorry, no difference.  Sony will be king in 2006, while 360 will be left in the dust, even with their slight lead..........can you say Sega Saturn?????  I knew you could. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Now STFU!!!!!

335033[/snapback]

Wow, I count seven $tupids and one $hit in your post, an average of 1.75 per paragraph. Not bad, you're improving on your Juvenile Profanities for Trolls 101. Keep it up and you might be able to take 102 next week where you use l33t sp34k to insult yourself. :lol:

Back to topic: RR6 looks sweet! I would hope she does more than write love letters to you. Maybe an unlockable gallery of her? B))

First dibs for wireless. Are you $tupid? Ever heard of the wavebird or 3rd party SONY and MS wireless controllers? Titles planned for the next 4 years? Are you $tupid? Try 5 years, which is a systems average life cycle. You must be $tupid.

Solid release date? DUH!!!! No $hit Sherlock. Sony will do the same, when they are freaking ready, which should be a couple months away. The 360 might be days away but I rather wait a few more months and get a real next gen system with a BLue-Ray drive, instead of an Xbox 1.5 and subpar HD-DVD drive.

Where is Sony? Are you $tupid? They are finishing the touches on the PS3 for it's release next spring. As for the controller, it's a conceptual model and not the final design........HELLO...you must be $tupid!!!!!!!. Plus, I would rather have that than the 360's big piece of plastic junk. MS is so mornic that they release a huge, heavy and ugly controller which everybody hates, that they need to redesign it.....talk about being on the crack pipe. NO OTHER CONSOLE HAS HAD TO FIX SOMETHING AS $TUPID AS THAT.

You want to see something different. Sorry, no difference. Sony will be king in 2006, while 360 will be left in the dust, even with their slight lead..........can you say Sega Saturn????? I knew you could.   

Now STFU!!!!!

I think I remember Sega Saturn as being not that bad, personally I felt the Dreamcast was the system that was the final mark for Sega.

Now you talk about Wireless from a third party source, I'm talking about a Wireless from a FIRST PARTY SOURCE you freak. Microsoft's wireless controlers are from MICROSOFT, not LOGITECH, or WAVEBIRD,

M I C R O S O F T.

Everything for the 360 that is wireless is provided by M I C R O S O F T, not Third party.

I'm positive Wireless third parties will even emerge, but my point is the system is to go wireless, PS2 is NOT wireless, Gamecube IS NOT wireless.

Let's also be honest, SONY has NOT announced a RELEASE for the PS3 in Spring. They are having a NEWS CONFERENCE IN SPRING POSSIBLY ABOUT THE RELEASE OF THE PS3 IN 2006 Which could also change to an early date.

They have also announced that much of the total feel and appearance of the PS3 AFTER E3 were concept designs.

Microsoft went thru nearly 6 prototype designs before they revealed the final shape of the Xbox360. I'm sure SONY with the PS3 has had many changes as well BUT they have said they're at concept still, they are not final on the entire design.

I don't care if SONY is going to wait and blow the freaking world away, I want to see what Microsoft can do in competition, and they seem to feel pretty cofident on their line.

Let's not also forget Microsoft is almost immortal, they're a multibillion dollar industry that's linked with millions of other companies just like SONY. To say Microsoft will fall like Sega is none sense.

$l-lU+ Y4Z +R4p! 4/\/l> l<rI 0/\/ Y4Z /\/\4/\/\4z $l-l0U[l>R!

DISCUSSION OVER!

Now then back to Ridge Racer, I thought the PSP's design of the game was brilliant comapred to that of the DS. The graphics were clean, sharp, visually pleasing, overal it was very enjoyable to play.

My favorite thing about Ridge Racer was the race playback.

I loved seeing how I was drivin thru the course at high speeds pulling off amazing drifts at turns and how some moments I would be drifting and just SCREAMED past my opponents.

Ridge Racer is gonna be right up there for high performance play with Need for Speed I think.

My only thing is that Ridge Racer is pure high roller import cars while Need for Speed deals with more affordable in a way of vehicle racing.

But still, Ridge Racer is great, I got no complaints over the title.

I hope the tracks will be very curvy, and very long, I hope for great success with this series^_^

You want to see something different. Sorry, no difference. Sony will be king in 2006, while 360 will be left in the dust, even with their slight lead..........can you say Sega Saturn????? I knew you could.   

Now STFU!!!!!

I think I remember Sega Saturn as being not that bad, personally I felt the Dreamcast was the system that was the final mark for Sega.

Now you talk about Wireless from a third party source, I'm talking about a Wireless from a FIRST PARTY SOURCE you freak. Microsoft's wireless controlers are from MICROSOFT, not LOGITECH, or WAVEBIRD,

M I C R O S O F T.

Everything for the 360 that is wireless is provided by M I C R O S O F T, not Third party.

I'm positive Wireless third parties will even emerge, but my point is the system is to go wireless, PS2 is NOT wireless, Gamecube IS NOT wireless.

Let's also be honest, SONY has NOT announced a RELEASE for the PS3 in Spring. They are having a NEWS CONFERENCE IN SPRING POSSIBLY ABOUT THE RELEASE OF THE PS3 IN 2006 Which could also change to an early date.

They have also announced that much of the total feel and appearance of the PS3 AFTER E3 were concept designs.

Microsoft went thru nearly 6 prototype designs before they revealed the final shape of the Xbox360. I'm sure SONY with the PS3 has had many changes as well BUT they have said they're at concept still, they are not final on the entire design.

I don't care if SONY is going to wait and blow the freaking world away, I want to see what Microsoft can do in competition, and they seem to feel pretty cofident on their line.

Let's not also forget Microsoft is almost immortal, they're a multibillion dollar industry that's linked with millions of other companies just like SONY. To say Microsoft will fall like Sega is none sense.

$l-lU+ Y4Z +R4p! 4/\/l> l<rI 0/\/ Y4Z /\/\4/\/\4z $l-l0U[l>R!

DISCUSSION OVER!

Now then back to Ridge Racer, I thought the PSP's design of the game was brilliant comapred to that of the DS. The graphics were clean, sharp, visually pleasing, overal it was very enjoyable to play.

My favorite thing about Ridge Racer was the race playback.

I loved seeing how I was drivin thru the course at high speeds pulling off amazing drifts at turns and how some moments I would be drifting and just SCREAMED past my opponents.

Ridge Racer is gonna be right up there for high performance play with Need for Speed I think.

My only thing is that Ridge Racer is pure high roller import cars while Need for Speed deals with more affordable in a way of vehicle racing.

But still, Ridge Racer is great, I got no complaints over the title.

I hope the tracks will be very curvy, and very long, I hope for great success with this series^_^

335054[/snapback]

I see that you haved improved on your intellectual capacity to argue in a mature and productive manner, so I will do the same:

Saturn lost and the Playstation won. Bottom line.

The Wavebird IS a 1st party peripheral. It's made by NINTENDO.

PS2 and GAmecube are not next gen, so why bring it up. Now, if PS3 and Revolution were coming out without wireless controllers, then I could see your point. I already told you that the Wavebird is the first wireless controller because it's made by NINTENDO. Regardles, NINTENDO holds the title of having the first wireless 1st party controller, so stop trying to change history and try to give the 360 a boost......even thought it will need it. :rolleyes:

If you agree that the PS3 console and PS3 controller are not final, then why mock them????!!!!!! When released, it will kick a$$. PERIOD!!!

Sure, Bill Gates sold his soul to SATAN and is the richest motherf*%&$% in the world but even he is not a moron who will continue to let his gaming division burn his cash hand over fist, if he sees that it's just not profitable. It's all about the numbers in the end and nobody likes to be in the red. :D

It's only a matter of time. :lol:

Edited by MGREXX

I'm sorry was there truth? If so , I must have missed it. I was too busy trying to translate the following:

I see that you haved improved on your intellectual capacity to argue in a mature and productive manner, so I will do the same:

NINITENDO

stop trying to change hiestory and try to give the 360 a boost

a$$

Bill Gates sold his soul to SATAN and is the richest motherf*%&$%

It's just much of the post doesn't match the very first sentence.

I'm sorry was there truth? If so , I must have missed it.  I was too busy trying to translate the following:

NINITENDO

stop trying to change hiestory and try to give the 360 a boost

a$$

Bill Gates sold his soul to SATAN and is the richest motherf*%&$%

It's just much of the post doesn't match the very first sentence.

335078[/snapback]

I was in a hurry and you know what I meant.

Btw, you should take your own advise:

"It's just much of the post doesn't match the very first sentence."

Try adding "that" in between "Just" and "much". Also, take out the word "very" out of your sentence since it's redundant. :rolleyes:

Edited by MGREXX

No, but in many ways you are worse than me by bringing it to my attention, yet doing the same yourself.  DUH!!!!

"I see that you haved improved on your intellectual capacity to argue in a mature and productive manner, so I will do the same:"
Btw, I edited it, so what.  Is it a crime?????

p.s. You should have an "I" in front of your last sentance.

"I see that you haved improved on your intellectual capacity to argue in a mature and productive manner, so I will do the same:"

Show me where I made such a claim to reinforce my points and grammar (DUH). You failed back up your first sentence so shut up untill you can do EXACTLY what YOU SAID you would do.

I have done just that, so now you need to shut up.

You made no claim yourself but don't try to correct me, when you can't correct yourself.

You lost all rights to reply to ANYBODY in this thread when you made that statement and FAILED to back it up in that long winded post. Understand why it is you must shut up? You should have just kept your mouth shut instead of insulting the "intellectual capacity" of others when you are incapable of showing any. You shot yourself in the foot when you mouthed off and I threw it in your face and you deserved every second of it. Face it. It's the truth and it hurts, right?

Sure, dodge my reply and hide behind a statement that you have pounded to the ground. Face the turth and realize what I am telling you.

Don't try to go up against intellectual giants like myself, when you can't even step up to my level. Now zip it.

Edited by MGREXX

Sure, dodge my reply and hide behind a statement that you have pounded to the ground.  Face the turth and realize what I am telling you.

Don't try to go up against intellectual giants like myself, when you can't even step up to my level.  Now zip it.

Nah, I'll never be your level. I don't beat up on defenseless little children. Child beater.

I will face the "turth" tho. Whatever that is.

Like Sega? No. They'll lose ALL of their employees by then.

Also MS has already said that if this system doesn't break even their quits on consoles.

I'm still more then a little surprised that XB got such a distinctive japanese title. Hope they get more 'fun' games.

Sure, dodge my reply and hide behind a statement that you have pounded to the ground.  Face the turth and realize what I am telling you.

Don't try to go up against intellectual giants like myself, when you can't even step up to my level.  Now zip it.

335118[/snapback]

Intellectual giant? ROFL!! That is the most hilarious crap ever to crawl out of that black hole you call a brain this week. Also, picking a fight with Jemstone and JB0 really proves once again what a pathetic loser you are.

Grow up, or better yet, grow a brain and repent before the mods decide to show you the door. You are walking on very thin ice here and it's only going to get thinner each second.

335118[/snapback]

Intellectual giant? ROFL!! That is the most hilarious crap ever to crawl out of that black hole you call a brain this week. Also, picking a fight with Jemstone and JB0 really proves once again what a pathetic loser you are.

Actually, I was sort of picking the fight with him.

But really, it wasn't even much of that. Was just general mockery and harassment, with a bit of system war flavor.