Peter Jackson to exec produce HALO movie

*snip*

I'll also have to agree with those saying no full-time CGI MC. Throw a live body with a decent look costume and it'll feel much more real...a full CGI MC might as well be in a full CGI movie...in which case, just give me another game. Look at Robocop....cheesy as hell and the mobility of an 80 year old man, but he's still cool. You can CGI up the MC for when he's leaping from vehicle to vehicle, but you need that real life one to interact with people. When the marines look up at him in awe and reverence, it'll be easier if they can see the costume and not just somebody in a blue body suit.

334460[/snapback]

I don't see any problem with a setup ala Spider-Man or Star Wars Jango Fett. Use a properly cast actor in a suit for most of the film, complimented with a well done CGI model for some of the special circumstances/action shots. Worked beautifully in both films as far as I'm concerned.

334467[/snapback]

I agree that they worked well there, but when you really look at it those shots are almost all CGI, the sets, the characters, everything. It just looks really akward when you see an actor talking or interacting with a CG character, their eyes never quite look at the right area or their hand movements seem out place. A perfect example is in AotC when Mace jumps off the transport and the clone trooper reports to him. You can tell that he is not talking to a real person, not only from the troopers movements, but his own as well.

cg should be the LAST RESORT for a shot or character. starwars rots is the prime example of cg run amok and it looks like kakadookie. :angry::angry: guys in suits are useable take hellboy, lotsa guys in suit action. i think people who use the term "we'll fix in post" need a beating to the groin or ass <_<

Producing a movie means nothing. I don't see anything anyone could get excited over here. He isn't writing it, he isn't directing it.

334461[/snapback]

You have to have some perspective though. The man isn't going to let something with his name attached to it be a crap fest. He'll at least be there to tell people not to screw it up.

Producing a movie means nothing. I don't see anything anyone could get excited over here. He isn't writing it, he isn't directing it.

334461[/snapback]

You have to have some perspective though. The man isn't going to let something with his name attached to it be a crap fest. He'll at least be there to tell people not to screw it up.

I think Peter Jackson is overrated.

*snip*

I agree that they worked well there, but when you really look at it those shots are almost all CGI, the sets, the characters, everything.  It just looks really akward when you see an actor talking or interacting with a CG character, their eyes never quite look at the right area or their hand movements seem out place.  A perfect example is in AotC when Mace jumps off the transport and the clone trooper reports to him.  You can tell that he is not talking to a real person, not only from the troopers movements, but his own as well.

334539[/snapback]

That's why sight lines on set are so important. Kinda ironic that Lucas is the master of the CGI scene, but the sight lines of the live action actors are so damn poor. Regardless, Star Wars represents excess of CG and I only used the examples of the CG/Live Action suits that worked well in the films. Done right it works well. The scenes with the CGI Jango and Spider-Man were well utilized, typically for flying, over-the-top stunts, and other spectacular acts.

334461[/snapback]

334591[/snapback]

Yeah, but then again that doesn't mean much. :rolleyes:

I'm still not impressed. I think halo is way over-rated.

Plenty of other big name directors have produced movies that flopped. Horribly.

I think Peter Jackson is overrated.

Understatement of the year.

Umm...maybe I'm missing something but aside from the movie game trend, where is it writ that it's going to be cg? I would think they could do MUCH better both budget and style-wise if Master Chief wasn't digital. If he never takes off the helmet, unless you've got something normal to compare him to no one could tell how big he was (even so forced-perspective does wonders) so you really just need a voice that suits. That's what really bugged me about the clonetroopers...they couldn't find any money to build a few suits so instead we get awkwardly moving cg guys? Come on, I'm sure the 501st would have jumped at the chance to make and play the clones.

Hey they can do what ever the hell they want as long as its better then Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat.

If it means having a CGI'ed Master Chief so be it. But with how fans can make thier own costumes of Master Chief, I almost feel like movie makers are being lazy for effort.

And as for Starwars ROTS, for a movie like that, you needed CGI at an abundence.....maybe during space battles and city shots, but the fact that nearly every set was green screen with minor props was a bit of a bitch.