macross rom for MAME

Bio

try this one:

http://www.rom-world.com/file.php?id=22904

I've played it on a Sempron 2500+, ECS N2U400-A Mobo, 512MB DDR, GF4 MX440SE, yadah, yadah, yadah using the MAME Version on that site anmd it works with SOUND. :lol:

try either this two emulators, i forgot which one i'm using. and no cant check right now coz i'm at the office typing this post. :lol:

http://www.rom-world.com/file_emu.php?id=44

http://www.rom-world.com/file_emu.php?id=80

ENJOY!!! :lol:

Thank you guy's but I search this rom

Super Spacefortress Macross / Chou-Jikuu Yousai Macross 2.02 MB

http://www.emunova.net/roms/detail/281.htm

This rom dont have sound,  have you this with sound?.

I have Mame 0.68b.

333885[/snapback]

Oh, for the love of pete...

Your MAME is ANCIENT.

Update the gundamned emulator and be done with it.

MAME .68 will not run Macross with sound. EVER. IT's got nothing to do with the ROM images(All teh sets out there are the same). The code to emulate teh sound just ISN'T THERE.

Why people keep expecting a build that's several years old to be as functional as the latest release is anyone's guess.

Edited by JB0

JBO: Amen to that brother!!! :D

go for the new ones guys, it will save you a lot of trouble. Take a look at post#2 for the roms and emulators, that site is the most extensive. :lol:

334007[/snapback]

I strongly believe in getting my emus straight from the source.

www.mame.net in this case.

As far as ROM images go, I use planetemu.net.

Your MAME is ANCIENT.

MAME .68 will not run Macross with sound. EVER. IT's got nothing to do with the ROM images(All teh sets out there are the same). The code to emulate teh sound just ISN'T THERE.

That's what I was saying in my post...

I'm suprised MAME .68 will actually RUN macross.

The latest version of MAME is v0.100u3. If your running windows, I would recommend MAME 32 (which is also updated constantly. If there's a new version of MAME, there's one of 32). It might make things a lot easier for you.

For ROMs, I usually go to these places:

(a quick warning: PowerEmu is slow as hell. They have a great selection, but they're a last resort)

http://www.poweremu.net/index_en.php

http://www.romnation.net/

http://www.emuasylum.com/

Your MAME is ANCIENT.

That's what I was saying in my post...

I'm suprised MAME .68 will actually RUN macross.

He didn't seem to believe you, so I figured I'd emphasize the point.

I downloaded the latest MAME and played through the game... one question... Forgive me for not knowing since I have not played the original arcade, but... was that the actually background fx/music for the rom Macross game?

334633[/snapback]

which one? macross plus or macross ii?

Anybody know if this will work for those of us with hacked Xboxes?

334458[/snapback]

Presumably, if XBox MAME has been updated moderately recently...

I don't see any.

May work if you do something like install Linux on your 'box then install the Linux MAME. I make no promises, though.

I downloaded the latest MAME and played through the game... one question... Forgive me for not knowing since I have not played the original arcade, but... was that the actually background fx/music for the rom Macross game?

334633[/snapback]

which one? macross plus or macross ii?

334652[/snapback]

Or DYRL even.

I still hate when people pin "rom" on like an adjective.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A ROM VERSION OF A GAME!

ROMS ARE THE CHIPS THE GAME WAS DISTRIBUTED ON! THERE IS NO MAGIC RECODING IN THE EMULATION PROCESS, JUST DUMPING!

Sorry. I've mostly gotten this under control(I can handle people calling the games roms, which is a major improvement), but I still pop every now and then.

I'm using mame v.100 and the sounds are not 100% working.

You guys sure sound is 100% perfect? They screw up when you fire weapons and it sure as hell ain't what it is supposed to sound like in the arcades.

Maybe I should try the latest mame 32?

Edit: looks like v.101 is released. Might try this.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm using mame v.100 and the sounds are not 100% working.

You guys sure sound is 100% perfect? They screw up when you fire weapons and it sure as hell ain't what it is supposed to sound like in the arcades.

Maybe I should try the latest mame 32?

Edit: looks like v.101 is released. Might try this.

335530[/snapback]

What sort of screwups?

Depending on what it's doing, it may be config-related.

The sounds seems to be ok now. Using mame v.101 But I get the message: "The sound emulation isn't 100% working."

So what do I do to get this working 100%. Would mame 32 be better? Does this message come up still with that?

335630[/snapback]

Presumably there's still some bugs. MAME32 won't be any better, as it uses the same emulation cores. I doubt they're dummying out the warnings, though I'm pretty sure there ARE some MAME builds out there that do so.

I tend to ignore those errors unless something is blatantly wrong, as the MAME team sometimes forgets to remove them after the errors are fixed, doesn't put them in when errors DO exist, or just flags errors that no one but them can see.

I didn't notice anything blatant, so I was assuming it was "close enough."

So when it say the graphics are not perfect for macross plus I can assume it is pretty much 100% perfect then?

An example of screwed up sound:

In macross when the music starts just when you start the first level of the game, whenever I start to fire it cuts the music out. The music then returns. Little glitches like that.

So when it say the graphics are not perfect for macross plus I can assume it is pretty much 100% perfect then?

More or less.

There's some where it's flagged that have MAJOR issues.

But if I recall, Mac Plus has nothing visible, except perhaps if you have an original board to compare with.

An example of screwed up sound:

In macross when the music starts just when you start the first level of the game, whenever I start to fire it cuts the music out. The music then returns. Little glitches like that.

Ah.

*tests*

Okay, I think I see(or hear, as the case may be) what's going on.

Player gunfire kills any other sound effects currently playing, which includes the fanfare at the beginning of the stage.

Based on sound type, the fanfare isn't running on the music chip with the background music. I'd bet the music's running on the FM synth chip(YM2203) and the sound effects and opening fanfare are coming on the twin OKI6295's, which are ADPCM sample playback chips. But this is all only tangentally relevant.

ANYWAYS... the driverinfo.dat file says there's a sound processor(NMK004) that's currently being simulated, and inaccurately.

It's quite possible this is causing the problems.

I can't believe they'd intentionally kill all sound effects whenever you fired unless they ran out of voices, which doesn't seem to be the case.

macross II is the first arcade game i played that was impossible to finish even with infinite coins, it's nearly impossible to do so many points in such small time(in the hard route).

339089[/snapback]

Pfft.

I was playing arcade games back when they weren't beatable PERIOD.

So when will the simulation of the sound processor be finished?

I like this shoot em up because it is easy on the first playthrough, then when you go through your first loop it gets angry and mean and enemy fire is thrown at blistering pace. Arrgh!

I would have liked this game even more if they just allowed you to transform whenever you like instead of waiting for a stupid icon to appear. Who wouldn't have liked to transform multiple times within a short space to change weapons to suit the situation they were in?

Also I personally think the fighter mode should have been the one with the gerwalk's "beam of death" weapon because the way you need to strafe side to side to hit stuff suits a fighter style of targeting.

The battroid should be the missile swarms of death (which it is already - I'm reminded here of a battroid with gbp)

and Gerwalk should have the spread shot. (since it can shoot at its sides at wide angle using the robot arm unlike a fighter)

So when will the simulation of the sound processor be finished.

I doubt they know.

I like this shoot em up because it is easy on the first playthrough, then when you go through your first loop it gets angry and mean and enemy fire is thrown at blistering pace. Arrgh!

*nods*

'S a fun game.

Not as insane as more modern japanese shooters, or even the oldest entries in the genre(Defender ring any bells?), and not as rigid as it's contemporaries.

Sadly, I like the chaos.

I would have liked this game even more if they just allowed you to transform whenever you like instead of waiting for a stupid icon to appear.

Seconded.