Help required getting a built model to a MWer

captain america

Hi all.

I haven't been on MW in quite a while, but rest assured that I'm back in Macross Modelling mode, and a new project will commence shortly.

In the meantime, I have a question. I have a built model that I'd need to get to a fellow MWer in St Louis, MO named JARDANN but I don't have much confidence sending it through the post; knowing all too well that it'll most probably arrive destroyed. In such, I was wondering if anyone here on MW might be passing into the Montreal area anytime soon, and would be willing/able to relay a model to someone in St Louis?

Of course, I would compensate you for your services; either in kit or in dollars, as desired.

If anyone would be able to take this on, please feel free to post or PM me.

Thanks in advance! :)

Let me get back to you with regards to transportation of goods. I think my cousin-in-law will be going to Montreal in the next few weeks (might not be soon enough) but would be passing through MI on his way back. ROAD TRIP!

I'll let you know later today.

If it helps, I recently have started having good success with a simple packing method....wrap the model in tissue, then more tissue, then small bubble wrap, then larger bubble wrap (taping every layer) Then fill a MUCH larger box with popcorn with the bubble package burried in the middle. If the outside box is really large and filled with popcorn it seems to make it through much better. Obviousley, courier is better, but just in case this helps....

Hi all.

I haven't been on MW in quite a while, but rest assured that I'm back in Macross Modelling mode, and a new project will commence shortly.

Thanks in advance! :)

326894[/snapback]

Was wondering if we'd lost you Cap'n, glad you're back, can't wait to see what the next project is.

The next "Macross" project is to be the 1/48 Yamato VF-1D conversion, provided that enough people want that. I promised I'd do that before I took on the BSG Raptor and it's long overdue.

I've contemplated doing the Booster Launch Vehicle, and I'm still open to do it if I can get a minimum order requirement met. The reason it hasn't gotten done until now is that the last time it was proposed, there were to few orders and too many people griping about the price.

Come-on Captn!  I'm pulln' for the Booster Launch Vehicle!

328144[/snapback]

Me too...

Captn,

I must say even being down here in Mississippi I've already thought about making the trip to Montreal. However I already know what the wife would say. :(

The offer to compensate in kit form I find very very appealing. There is a subject I've always wanted to try and get you to model one of these days (besides the Legioss and Beta and yes I still dream about seeing those some day). But aside from the wife I'm afraid if I ever had that built-up VF-1 Valkyrie + booster of yours in my hands I'd forget all about St. Louis.

Carl