Fantasy Football League

Oihan

The NFL pre-season starts in a little over a week; with the season starting in September. Would either of you be interested in starting a fantasy football league on Yahoo/ESPN/Insert-Favorite-FFL-Site?

Guest Bromgrev
The NFL pre-season starts in a little over a week; with the season starting in September. Would either of you be interested in starting a fantasy football league on Yahoo/ESPN/Insert-Favorite-FFL-Site?

317409[/snapback]

This has nothing to do with Sceince Fiction or anime.

317414[/snapback]

Or Macross World.

I have a few i join every season, are the yahoo ones any good? Agent one, stop being stupid, half of your annoying responses are not a Anime or Science Fiction either ;)

This has nothing to do with Sceince Fiction or anime.

317414[/snapback]

Nor does this The Bully or this The MW Automotive Thread or this OT: need computer help or this Which CONSOLE!? or this Hot Coffee anyone. And that's just on the first page of this forum. So what's your point Agent One? Bromgrev? I could look on page two and list more if you both need more examples? Well, let me know if you both do! Okay? Thanks! (Or if you prefer a more grotesque manner/approach: please stfu. Thanks! :D)

Well, it's good to see there are some that are interested! Do either of you have a preference as to which FFL website we all play on?

Edited by Oihan

What is fantasy football?

317729[/snapback]

You have a team made up of players from different NFL teams. The owners of these teams have matches against each other, to see who will gain the most fantasy points. The better your players do (the ones you picked) the better you do. There's generally 10 "owners"/teams.

I have a few i join every season, are the yahoo ones any good? Agent one, stop being stupid, half of your annoying responses are not a Anime or Science Fiction either  ;)

317680[/snapback]

I've been using Yahoo for the past couple years now. However, on another MB, I'm going to be using ESPN's FFL. But I don't know if there are sites you guys prefer over the other. So...who do you guys all want to play through? Yahoo? ESPN? Insert-Favorite-FFL-Site? (Perferably free)

Yahoo it is. What kind of draft do we want?

Live Online Draft

You will participate in a live online draft that may last several hours and requires a Java-enabled browser. In addition, you may be unable to participate if you are using AOL as your internet service provider, or access the web from behind a firewall. Test your system to see if it is draft compatible.

Autopick Draft

We will draft teams for your league based on either our default rankings or manager's pre-ranking of players. Once you set your league's draft status to Ready, your draft will happen within 72 hours.

Offline Draft

Your league conducts its own player draft offline and submits the results via our draft results entry page, which can be reached from the Commissioner's Tools on your league overview page.

I agree, that live draft actually sucks for any league, even an office one, lol. Auto pick sounds fun, via yahoo, make it easier for everyone, and stat tracking is done so we just have to check results, so anyone can play. I'll check out the yahoo one tonight see how it works.

Alright, I'll get one started today and give you all the info. Sorry I haven't posted over the weekend; I don't have the net at my new rental place yet.

Edit: Do we want Public League Settings or shall I go ahead and add a few things here and there, I'll try to make it as far as possible as far as points go. And how many teams?

Edited by Oihan

This is what I have so far. If you guys would like any changes, let me know. If I can't make them to this league, I'll go ahead and delete and create a new one to reflect the changes.

Review League and Team Settings

Settings

League Name: Macross World FFL

Password: (I'll PM those already interested with the password. Anyone else interested in joining please PM me through here and I'll give the password.

Draft Type: Autopick Draft

Max Teams: 10

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: November 18, 2005

Trade Review: League Votes

Waiver Time: 2 days

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)

Roster Positions: QB, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Interceptions (-2)

Sacks (-1)

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Reception Yards (10 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Return Yards (10 yards per point)

Return Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles (-1)

Fumbles Lost (-2)

Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)

Point After Attempt Made (1)

Sack (1)

Interception (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Block Kick (2)

Return Yards (10 yards per point)

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)

Points Allowed 0 points (10)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)

Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

League ID# is 364271.

So far we have 6 teams, myself included.

Edited by Oihan

• 4 months later...

Well, the NFL season comes to an end this weekend. Here come the playoffs! (Go Broncos! ...If they don't make it all the way...go Colts!) The FFL was fun, we should do it again next season. To those that paricipated or wanted to, what do you think?