does brown vf-1a tv series= vt double seater next?

Rick Randy

I wouldn't say I'm "in the know" but you should look at Cap America's threads about creating the two seaters to see just how much work is necessary. Certainly more than a new paint job and head. Thus, it seems highly unlikely.

I wouldn't say I'm "in the know" but you should look at Cap America's threads about creating the two seaters to see just how much work is necessary.  Certainly more than a new paint job and head.  Thus, it seems highly unlikely.

316733[/snapback]

Yeah, but up until a week ago everyone thought that YAMATO canned the VF-0 project for good :) . Right now I'm being very optimistic and thinking that anything is possible.

I'd love to see Yamato produce a 1/48 VF-1D; however, I believe that to be very unlikely. As mentioned before, that model entails far more than a simple recolor, and there is a limited number of recognizable VF-1D versions to make production worthwhile: trainer VF-1D, virgin road VF-1D; other than those I suppose that a low viz and a brownie could also be made as limited editions, but that's about it.

But it's fun to dream... ;)

Edited by mechaninac

I'd love to see Yamato produce a 1/48 VF-1D; however, I believe that to be very unlikely.  As mentioned before, that model entails far more than a simple recolor, and there is a limited number of recognizable VF-1D versions to make production worthwhile:  trainer VF-1D, virgin road VF-1D; other than those I suppose that a low viz and a brownie could also be made as limited editions, but that's about it.

But it's fun to dream... ;)

316829[/snapback]

Well, the heatshield remold would be reuseable for the super O and elint, so it wouldn't be a total waste of resources. I'm more concerned that it may just not be physically possible to cram a two seater heatsheild into a 1/48 chest. though if they have to I would not be to miffed if they resorted to a extra clip on part just so we get a 2 seater in 1/48 scale. While normally I am a perfect transformation nazi, I'm willing to over look that small detail just to get 1/48 double seaters.

Well, the heatshield remold would be reuseable for the super O and elint, so it wouldn't be a total waste of resources.

Actually, the super O and Elint have different two-seater cockpits than the 1D. the 1D is inline, while the other two bubble up behind the first seat. But if you're not really picky (like Bandai) you can do it I guess. Cap, on the other hand, strikes me as the kind of nit-picker I like in model makers.

Well, the heatshield remold would be reuseable for the super O and elint, so it wouldn't be a total waste of resources.

Actually, the super O and Elint have different two-seater cockpits than the 1D. the 1D is inline, while the other two bubble up behind the first seat. But if you're not really picky (like Bandai) you can do it I guess. Cap, on the other hand, strikes me as the kind of nit-picker I like in model makers.

317250[/snapback]

Well crap, I forgot all about that.

I doubt it. You would think making a 1/48 two sitter cockpit is not a biggie. To Yamato it is. Maybe sales for the existing 1/60 two sitter versions didn't sell well. In fact, it's not until recently that I managed to get the Super O, and the Elint.

I guess that's the way they communicate to fans their need to sell what they build.

I would be first in line if they decide to sell them as 1/48s. Actually, the reason why I didn't get the Super O and Elint when they were originally released, is because the 1/48 where already hot(burning wallet sound effect)

V!C

Edited by vlenhoff

I would be first in line if they decide to sell them as 1/48s. Actually, the reason why I didn't get the Super O and Elint, is because the 1/48 where already hot(burning wallet sound effect)

Amen to that brother. I actually got a 1/48 before I got any of the 1/60s. I'm currently still trying to finish buying up the 1/48s while I occasionally pick off a 1/60. I'm guessing it'll take me another couple months before I have the scratch to pick up a 1/60 Elint and an Ostrich... God this hobby is soooooo expensive.

Man, I wish they'd crank out some two-seaters.

The VF-1D has more canon variations possible (with minimal effort, i.e. repaints) than the VT-1 or VE-1, but the step-up cockpit design of the DYRL? 2 seaters would probably be easier to engineer in toy form. The VE-1 and VT-1 have been cult classics and the plane designs themselves have sort of inherited a legendary status as the holy grails of Macross collectibles from the impossible to find Bandai toys of yesteryear. They'd be sure to sell. However, they'd also require new molds for FPs and certain wing antenna and such. I don't know...it doesn't seem likely. As much as I'd love 'em, my wallet is pretty happy. The CF and GBP have been enough to bring me out of my Macross hermitage of late, but with the announcement of a 1/60 VF-0, my wallet is getting very nervous. As much as I love new Macross stuff from Yamato, it is a pricey hobby.

Edited by Draykov

Man, I wish they'd crank out some two-seaters.

The VF-1D has more canon variations possible (with minimal effort, i.e. repaints) than the VT-1 or VE-1, but the step-up cockpit design of the DYRL? 2 seaters would probably be easier to engineer in toy form.  The VE-1 and VT-1 have been cult classics and the plane designs themselves have sort of inherited a legendary status as the holy grails of Macross collectibles from the impossible to find Bandai toys of yesteryear.  They'd be sure to sell.  However, they'd also require new molds for FPs and certain wing antenna and such.  I don't know...it doesn't seem likely.  As much as I'd love 'em, my wallet is pretty happy.  The CF and GBP have been enough to bring me out of my Macross hermitage of late, but with the announcement of a 1/60 VF-0, my wallet is getting very nervous.  As much as I love new Macross stuff from Yamato, it is a pricey hobby.

318674[/snapback]

I dunno, the perfect transformation is pretty hard because of the heat shield issue.

I dunno, the perfect transformation is pretty hard because of the heat shield issue.

318683[/snapback]

Oh, I'm with you. It'd be pretty hard either way, but I think the D might be a little bit harder given the added length to the fuselage. Perhaps love will find a way. :wub:

Yeah but they have been keeping stuff from Graham for sometime.

The GBP, Cannon Fodder and the 1/60 VF0 came out of nowhere, when the common belief here wsa that Yamato was done with their MAcross toys. Also they are re-releaseing the FP and the 1S in about a month.

I think that their recent sceduled releases show that they are still into the Macross Licennse and it is only a matter of time before we see two seaters.

Not to be a party-pooper, but didn't someone at Yamato tell Graham flat-out that there was no chance of two-seater 1/48s?

318693[/snapback]

Yeah but they have been keeping stuff from Graham for sometime.

318721[/snapback]

Well, not giving prior notification and totally contradicting prior statements are very different things. I'm not sure Graham's current standing with Yamato has any bearing on the veracity of what they told him on a prior occasion.

Again, I don't mean to pee all over everyone's corn flakes. I'm just saying what we know. . . and what we know is that Yamato said they weren't going to do it. Whereas, they never said they weren't going to re-release existing Valks and/or produce a CF.

That's not to say we can't be optimistic that they may change their mind. I hope they do. But to this point, we don't have any indication that they have done so.

H

Edit: I originally wrote this post thinking that EXO was saying that Yamato showing us the 1/60 Monster Prototype was indicative of Yamato being able to change their minds about 2-seaters. I now realize that he was just correcting Godzilla who had stated that we never saw the 1/60 Monster prototype. So, the post below was written after I thought multiple people had brought up the point that Yamato had "backed out" on prototypes. My mistake. But I'll leave the post since I'm not a big fan of people just editing away their mistakes.

I'm not sure that I see the connection between Yamato showing prototypes, then thinking better of going into production and their making a pretty explicit statement that they will not do something.

If the intended meaning behind "They showed us x prototype and then didn't produce it!" is to demonstrate that Yamato can change their minds. . . that's fine. Yes, they are (of course) capable of changing their minds. Nobody is arguing that they aren't (and I hope that they do!).

This thread reminds me of one from a long time ago. I got into a scrap with a member who was matter-of-factly saying that there would never be more 1/48 Roys released. His exact words: "wait for the re-release and be disappointed. the price will only go higher like everything else thats consider a collectible." I surely don't want to come off like that! Especially since we're now two Roy releases later. ;) I hope there are two-seaters! I'm just skeptical. Don't shoot the messenger! And, if you must, shoot Graham! :lol:

As for what Graham has actually said. I did a quick search on "seat" and "Graham":

Chances of 1/48 two seaters are very slim.
However a long time ago Yamato indicated that they probably would not make 2-seat 1/48 toys.

There is a lot of retooling that needs doing for the VT-1. Not only do you need to sculpt all new FAST packs, but the nose section, wings and head all need resculpting and new tooling which is very expensive.

I don't know whether they have changed their minds or not, but in the past (about a year ago) Yamato did mention to me that there would be no 2-seat 1/48 toys.
A long time ago (maybe a year ago, I forget) it was mentioned to me that it was extemely unlikely that we would see a 2 seater 1/48 VF-1. However, that was then, this is now and plans do change, so who knows.

Some of those quotes are very strongly worded while others leave some room for a change of heart on Yamato's part. Again, I'm right there with you guys in hoping that they make the 2-seaters! But, this thread was asking about the possibility of 2-seaters, and I just thought I'd provide some information that up to that point had been neglected.

Best Regards,

H

Edited by Hurin