Anyone remember the Alien War attraction?

Ladic

I remember back in 1995 when I was studying in England and spent a week in London, they had this attraction in Picadilly Circus, and was pretty badass.

But it is gone now. I wonder if anyone else remember this and knows why they no longer have it?

http://www.ami-media.net/amiga/old/CyberWar.html

awar3.jpg

Edited by Ladic

Is it as cool as it sounds? Wow....I guess if they can pull this off well, it would really be a good amusement park attraction. How does a person participate in this? I guess you just follow the marine around on pre-defined routes, and then random actors in alien suits grab you from unsuspecting corners. How does one "escape"? I don't get it. Hehe. Can you punch the alien? :lol:

If I was reading it right, it sounds like your with marines where your all carrying laser tag equipment. Originally you attend an Alien Zoo where the Aliens have escaped from their compounds where you hear the sounds of sirens over lapping the marines voices, strobe lights circling you none stop and you gotta go thru a complex maze (which could be cool cause its a 20 minute deal) where you could be already surrounded by the aliens who are hunting you down as a host for the queen's eggs.

Some of the pictures though show really funky and dumb looking 3D aliens, but if the poster shows what I'd hope, than yeah maybe guys in suits in certain locations will come and snag you off in some sort of alien like way....one could only hope.

Wish there was more light to shed in this dark and terrifying like world.

Guest Bromgrev
How does one "escape"? I don't get it. Hehe. Can you punch the alien?  :lol:

315010[/snapback]

I was finally going to try it a couple of years ago, only to find out they had turned it into some kind of James Bond nonsense. That might have been just for the premiere, though - no idea which one. Probably closed down due to insurance costs. Watching some of the 'teaser' videos by the entrance, I think you got to play the colonists, not the marines. Hehehe ... :ph34r:

315010[/snapback]

Use the incinerator units :D

Graham

315012[/snapback]

WRONG!! :angry:

You use one of this babies instead to shred those alien scum to bits!!! whistle.gif

firing.jpg

support.jpg

Edited by grss1982

Hey, if it's MY tender epidermis vs Xenomorph exoskeleton tough enough to repel handgun bullets at close range, I'd be man enough to admit I'd want autoaim. :D

Especially when said Xenos make it a game for the whole family...they're like bad luck, they don't come singly, they bring ALL their brothers.

(Reminds me so much of AvP2 the game, now that's a good multiplayer game. Totally unbalanced if you're going for competition, but species deathmatch rocked)

315010[/snapback]

Use the incinerator units :D

Graham

315012[/snapback]

WRONG!! :angry:

You use one of this babies instead to shred those alien scum to bits!!! whistle.gif

315078[/snapback]

Pff, you'd need auto-aim. :p

315080[/snapback]

IIRC, dont they have infra red tracking or something. OH WELL, I could alway use one of this babies to squash those aliens with: :p

post-2502-1122543736_thumb.jpg

No, you didn't carry any weapons, it was a group of like 10 people following a couple of marines thru the base.

You start like you were just going to take a tour of the base, were they kept the Aliens and made experimentes with them, but as he is explaining you what you were going to do, the alarms went off, and the aliens break out, so you have to start running following the Marine who is shooting aliens left and right (Very realistic Aliens mind you, like real people in alien suits just like the movie).

And I remember there was this part were you would all go inside this big elevator, and it got jammed, all of the sudden the doors would open again and an Alien would come in and grab one of the tourist and take him away.

This ride was scary and intense, it really made you feel like you were in Aliens, running thru the facility.

lol I would more than likely shat myself if I was taking part in such a ride. I'd hope that if you were captured th ey'd take you into a little room and let you watch the rest of the attraction or something thru a TV circut.

But god just thinking about it creeps me out.

renegadeleader1,

The ride your thinking of was probably the T2:3D-esque ride (without the live actors or the 3D) which was in the US. Alien War was different and it was only in London.

Unfortunately for me, Alien War was across the Atlantic and I didn't even know about it at the time. It wasn't till a few years ago that I had heard about it.

I have a promo video on my computer, but I don't have a way of posting it. It shows some of the ride, but most of it was left out (they didn't want to spoil it). Still interesting to watch.

Check HERE for more info on Alien War. Ask for Harry. I pretty sure another member there worked on Alien War too. Someone there might have the video.

Also, you can check out Harry's site for more info on Alien War (and the Alien series in general) HERE.

Speaking fo this attaction and Aliens what ever happened to the APC used in the film? Was it destroyed or is it hiding in someones shed out in england?

There was a thread about this on The Aliens Legacy board. No one really knows. A couple of people are still searching, I think. Last I heard it made an appearance for Alien War, then went to back into some english guy's shed.

I have a promo video on my computer, but I don't have a way of posting it.  It shows some of the ride, but most of it was left out (they didn't want to spoil it).  Still interesting to watch.

Hey VT, you can upload it up here and post us the link.

http://uploadengine.com/

B))

Thanks in advance!

i went on a smaller version of it at the Glasgow fair once at the SECC.

Was really cool sets, had 2 marines with us, a woman who didnt look very tough and a guy who looked hard as nails. They looked just like the marines from the movie, except they had british accents :p

As stated above, it starts out with a little tour, then the lights go out, alrams sound etc and the marine says to stay frosty :D

As you make your way around the base you came to a kind of conference room where the 2 marines locked the door behind you and went for a little wander to see where everyone was. Only 1 marine came back, running at us and telling us all to move! He left us again and said to one of the visitors at the back of the room to watch that door and if an alien came in, it was his responsibility to stop it lol.

Mate of mine almost had a heart attack when we stopped in a corridor and he felt something on his shoulder, looked up and it was the aliens hand :p

The alien was going to take another mate of mine away, but he shoved a little 12 yr old girl into its hands instead and bolted like the rest of us :)

It was loadsa fun and really, really intense. Hated going near dark corridors for a week or so afterwards :)

I know someone who was banned from all Alien war attractions, the alien was coming for him so he headbutted it :o

Edited by Gumper