Densha Otoko - Train Man

I saw this drama this weekend and it was hilarious. The plot is basically; what happens when an Otaku meets a gorgeous, successful woman (and she actually talks to him). I loved the visuals of Akihabara (those maid bars exist???) but the funniest part was the chat room scenes, "don't worry we're all behind you", lol. I really don't want to give too much away but you must see it. Here is more detailed information: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Densha_Otoko . It's a new series that comes on Thursdays in Japan and it just began to show in LA on channel 18 Sun. 7:30 to 8:30 untranslated. For those of you with a Anime background the opening title sequence is an animation made by Gonzo that's a homage to the Daicon IV opener made by the founders of Gainex, including using the same song (and yes, some of the founder of Gainex founded Gonzo). Details here: http://www.cjas.org/~leng/daitrivia.htm

F.

Download ep 1 - http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19436

Download ep 2 - http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.p...1bc41c7a4b79887

Download ep 3 - http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.p...758439a9d1c7eae

Download translation ep 1, 2 & 3 - http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.p...a5d86a729b45884

I saw this drama this weekend and it was hilarious. The plot is basically; what happens when an Otaku meets a gorgeous, successful woman (and she actually talks to him). I loved the visuals of Akihabara (those maid bars exist???)

Oh, yes... :rolleyes: I've been in one of the milder variations on the theme, the "Cure Maid Cafe" in Akihabara a couple of times. Er... nice cups in there. Coffee cups. ;)

I just saw episodes 1 and 2! Absolutely hilarious!! I loved it!

I also realised that the main guy looks somewhat like the anime club president in my uni 2 years ago. :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry Stu.

DenshaOtokoa2.jpgdiscostu.jpg

キターï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼

Wow i have to say this is the best dorama i have seen in a very long time. scary yet unbeleveably cool. highly recomended. and damn Misaki ito is tall. or atleast tall compaired to the main charicter.

and the scary thing is the main charicter has more gunpla in his room than prolly a good portion of macrossworld combined.:D

They made this into a show now??? Forget the Gundam kits, this is being milked more than Gundam itself.

Jesus. Last thing I remember the movie had just come out a while ago. I haven't seen it but it got bad reviews.

This is based on a true story, by the way. I read it in the paper ages ago.

Yeah....i love the opening homage to Daicon4. :D Sends tingling down my spine. But on episode 3, they're using it too much....everytime he gets a "happy break" they start playing the song. Its gonna lose its novelty soon at this rate. :(

Oh btw, Episode 4 raw with subs is out on D-addicts.

"Itseitherrealoritsadreamitsneverreallyinbetween....

Twiligghhhtttt.....i only meant to stay awhile......Twilighhhtttttttt. "

Edited by wolfx

This is based on a true story, by the way.  I read it in the paper ages ago.

316468[/snapback]

The origins of the story come from a thread on 2ch. Problem is the authenticity of the thread is questionable, and might have been faked.

More info here

and here

aaaaaand here

317266[/snapback]

I didn't catch the ture story angle, and honestly I don't give a rat's ass if it's true or not. It's a good story, and that's what matters.

• 3 months later...

I just watched this series! :)

Is it scary if I can relate to this guy? :blink::o:unsure::p

But then again, I guess any guy can relate more or less when first approaching/calling a girl he fancies. :lol:

And I have my favourite Macross Valkyrie on my desk, I'm on the internet most of the time, I use message boards extensively here and there, I go to comic conventions... though I'm no where near as useless as this guy when it comes to speaking to members of the opposite sex. B))

Anyway, download and watch it if you haven't already! It's very good.

Itou Misaki is HOT!

Itou Misaki is HOT!

344821[/snapback]

Yes, she is. She will be mine. I already have her 2006 calendar adorning my wall in my room. I wonder what she would think if she had an obsessed gaijin following her around? Probably kick me in the nuts she would.

God, my girlfriend hates my fascination for Japanese women, even though her father is half Japanese.

I've gotten to episode 9 or so and given up. Densha is such an unlikable wussbag loser, Hermes has absolutely no personality and most of the secondary characters just get on my nerves. Matsunaga is pretty hilarious though.

344862[/snapback]

You should watch the Another Finale episode then, which sorta focuses on characters other than Densha, like how Matsunaga wound up with one of Saori's friends....and that Hanshin Tigers guy and his personal quest for love. :lol:

Anyone watched You're Under Arrest (Live action)? Itou Misaki is also in that series. In the first episode when Ian Thorpe (the Australian Olympic gold medalist swimmer) made a guest appearance, Itou Misaki was so funny and kawaii. :lol:

GTO is really good as well.

Don't know about Orange Days, I watched one or two episodes but it looked really boring. :(

Anyone watched You're Under Arrest (Live action)? Itou Misaki is also in that series. In the first episode when Ian Thorpe (the Australian Olympic gold medalist swimmer) made a guest appearance, Itou Misaki was so funny and kawaii.

344953[/snapback]

Yeah, I downloaded the series primarily because I am a huge fan of Miho Yoshioka. Miho used to be second behind Akane Soma, but Akane has dropped off the face of the earth. But alas, Miho only played a minor role. I didn't know Misaki Ito was in it until I started watching and realized, "Hey, that's the babe that was in that movie Ju-on." Now she is number 2.

Methinks we ought to come up with an "Ultimate Japanese Idol, Race Queen, Actress, Model" thread.

Can anyone tell me the actor's name for Densha's sister? Kawaii!

345115[/snapback]

Maki Horikita. She's 17, but yes, she is cute.

I just started to watch this show tonight and have finished the first two episodes, and I'm finding that I like it a lot. My god, if you cannot see yourself in there at least once, there is something wrong with you.

Just finished watching this series today and I have to say that I liked it quite a bit. I can also honestly say that Misaki Ito's character was so sweet and innocent that by the end of the show I was in love with her myself. I also liked Miho Shiraishi's character Misuzu and how sleazy she is. I found it funny that while she was physically repulsed by Yamada she was willing to have sex with him later on. However, Eriko Sato, who I found to be a babe in the live action Cutey Honey, did not do it for me in this show. Over all, good stuff and highly recommended.

Can't think of any Gundam reference with the eye.

Anyone watched "Another Ending"? I'm twenty minutes in and my sides are about to split.

346445[/snapback]

I thought the eye thing was an obscure reference to Evangelion, but then remembered that it was Adam or whatever it was that was in Gendo's palm.

I finished the "Another ending" episode the other night when I wrote my last post and liked it, but I kinda hoped we would see Yamada's sister hook up with the other otaku friend of his. And that scene where Yamada's friends are re-enacting his confession while reading it online is disturbing, especially the climax. Ugh!

I love the gag with Densha's mom.

346068[/snapback]

Matilda!!! (Made me think his mom was that character's seiyuu.)

Edited by Noriko Takaya

His mom IS Matilda's seiyuu.

That climax was very disturbing. Actually, using the word climax makes it infinitely worse.

There's a limit to suspension of disbelief. Densha Otoko got with Aoyama-san, and Guitar Otoko got with Yuuko. That other nerd with Densha's hot sister is just too much of a stretch. Even I can't root for that.

Really liked that girl that the Lan Evo guy tried to hit on in the train, though.

That climax was very disturbing. Actually, using the word climax makes it infinitely worse.

There's a limit to suspension of disbelief. Densha Otoko got with Aoyama-san, and Guitar Otoko got with Yuuko. That other nerd with Densha's hot sister is just too much of a stretch. Even I can't root for that.

Really liked that girl that the Lan Evo guy tried to hit on in the train, though.

346580[/snapback]

Yeah...the chick that designed the chicken. She's cute...although most of the time her "I am a woman..." lines don't make sense. Like so what if she's a woman? Oh wait...maybe its cause the forum is for single MEN.....but there clearly are women on the forum.....i'm confused. :huh:

Can't think of any Gundam reference with the eye.

Anyone watched "Another Ending"? I'm twenty minutes in and my sides are about to split.

346445[/snapback]

I thought the eye thing was an obscure reference to Evangelion, but then remembered that it was Adam or whatever it was that was in Gendo's palm.

Aparantly the eye is a reference to 20th century boys, a manga. I don't know what that is however..

346580[/snapback]

Yeah...the chick that designed the chicken. She's cute...although most of the time her "I am a woman..." lines don't make sense. Like so what if she's a woman? Oh wait...maybe its cause the forum is for single MEN.....but there clearly are women on the forum.....i'm confused. :huh:

346585[/snapback]

Have you ever noticed in online chatrooms where someone constantly has to reaffirm their sex?

Generally speaking it's something along the lines of "they are no hot women on the internet.. they're all guys pretending.." etc etc.

346580[/snapback]

Yeah, I knew Yamada's mom was Matilda. I was hinting at it from a different angle. I also find it kind of funny that one of the reasons Yamada's sister hates him so much is because of his fanaticism with anime, and here is their mom, a voice actress.

• 2 weeks later...