The Official "Uwe Boll's Dungeon Siege" thread

This is truly distrubing. The cast for Dr. Boll's forthcoming epic just keeps growing and growing, brimming with B-list actors off all kinds. Now Ray Liotta has joined the cast?! The same Ray Liotta from Goodfella's? This doesn't quite match Oscar winner Ben Kingsley appearing in Bloodrayne, but still....wow.

http://chud.com/news/3703

In a career of prominent peaks and drastic valleys, intense guy Ray Liotta has strapped on his skates and steered toward a significant downward slope for his current film.

Liotta has joined the disturbingly high-profile cast of Uwe Boll’s videogame adaptation Dungeon Siege, a $60 million fantasy flick that already counts Jason Statham, Leelee Sobieski, Matt Lillard, Burt Reynolds and Ron Perlman among the talent.  Liotta (who recently worked with Statham on Guy Ritchie’s latest crime film Revolver) will be masticating the environment as an evil overlord commanding an army of subhumans (nope, not Orcs) who piss off Statham’s undoubtedly square-jawed hero. 

The movie (which also features Will Sanderson, who has the dubious honor of appearing in all of Boll’s bigger-budget features) is also expected to clock in at three hours, implying a Lord of the Rings-style epic. 

Absorb that for a few moments: a three-hour film from the man behind House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark.

Absorb that for a few moments: a three-hour film from the man behind House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark.

So much for sleeping well tonight... :ph34r:

312806[/snapback]

Somewhere, a child weeps...

...no wait, that's me. :unsure:

Seriously, what kind of world do we live in where a guy like me winds up working in a Gamestop, while a seriously untalented nitwit like Uwe Boll gets to make movies?

Statham, you deserve so much better than Hollywood is giving you.

While I can't argue that, I'll probably go see the Transporter 2, just to watch him kick someone's ass.

What I want to know is, with Boll's shit-fest of horrible movies and how badly they do, who is/are the moron(s) who keep selling him franchises and funding them? And what does Boll tell these actors who sign on? They obviously have to know the movie is going to suck. God, Uwe Boll should just go away. (Shudders uncontrollably at thought of favorite video game character BloodRayne's movie coming out soon.)

Seriously, what kind of world do we live in where a guy like me winds up working in a Gamestop, while a seriously untalented nitwit like Uwe Boll gets to make movies?

"Half of everything is luck James" :)

Statham, you deserve so much better than Hollywood is giving you.

While I can't argue that, I'll probably go see the Transporter 2, just to watch him kick someone's ass.

I'll go see it just because it's Statham. I don't make this exception all the time (I only considered going to see Cellular, but luckily came to my senses), but I do love action flicks, even some of the bad ones :)

What I want to know is, with Boll's shit-fest of horrible movies and how badly they do, who is/are the moron(s) who keep selling him franchises and funding them? And what does Boll tell these actors who sign on? They obviously have to know the movie is going to suck. God, Uwe Boll should just go away. (Shudders uncontrollably at thought of favorite video game character BloodRayne's movie coming out soon.)

312860[/snapback]

They make money. They may not be blockbusters, but he doesn't spend a lot of money on them either, so they net a profit. Studios like that I guess.

The story goes that, due to some tax loophole in Germany, film producers are able to write off their investments. So the film's budget is basically recovered automatically, and anything it makes is 100% profit. That part I can understand, since it's basically pure human greed. What confounds me is that not only are game companies selling their titles to him, but actors continue to line up to work with Boll. Do they not bother to even google his name before they sign on the dotted line? We can only hope that after the dismal failure of Alone in the Dark, distributors will be less inclined to release his garbage theatrically.

I don't make this exception all the time (I only considered going to see Cellular, but luckily came to my senses), but I do love action flicks, even some of the bad ones smile.gif

That's more or less my reasoning. Besides, the first Transporter wasn't all that bad. And Statham is one of the few white guys that are honestly entertaining to watch when they're beating the crap out of someone.

(Shudders uncontrollably at thought of favorite video game character BloodRayne's movie coming out soon.)

Thank *your chosen deity here* he hasn't picked up the rights to Megaman yet.

... :blink:

Uh, I hope Boll isn't trolling the boards...

• 3 weeks later...

These are the films Edward D.Wood Jnr would have made if he had big budget funding (and was around today). At least I can laugh at Plan 9 From Outer Space.

And there must be some mass-career-suicide epidemic happening in Hollywood for all these actors to sign up. Or hypnotism. Or blackmail. Or desperation. :unsure:

the hero of DungeonSeige is a square jawed dude? what hapend to the heavily armored redhead with green eyes from the cover?

she alone made the game intresting, she was hot yet not fighting in a bikini.

i always played the single player game with a female hero, it really does make it more engaging.

even if they did use a female hero, they'd never stick to the cover art, she'd be in a princess lea type "battle armor" in no time and spouting crappy one liners.

too predictable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Two more jaw-droppingly bad reviews of Bloodrayne HERE and HERE.. Particularly amusing is Boll's stance that the characters in his films actually are of no importance. All that matters is having an actor attached to them, thus appealing to foreign investors. Beyond that, the film seems to be his usual boobs 'n' blood mess, laughably bad but not so much that you could actually enjoy making fun of it. But the best is saved for last, when you read Boll's comments on War of the Worlds. Seriously...he's one deluded man, that Boll.

Christ, one of my favorite video game characters, and Boll turns her into a retarded whore. The only way I'll ever see BloodRayne now is if someone else buys it and asks if I want to watch it. And only if I am drunk will I consider it. Majesco Games should be burnt to the ground for selling the license to this a-hole. Thank God he did not get Halo.

*snip*

INTERVIEW with the Vampire

328667[/snapback]

Hahaha, the Ed Wood of Video Game movies :) I like that one.

Reading these interviews, the tactics and responses of Boll sound so familiar. I don't know how many here are familiar with PC gaming, but Boll reminds me so much of another great tragedy called Derek Smart. I must admit, people like this create a sort of morbid fascination...a "car crash" of stubborn determination and willingness to humiliate themselves by any means necessary just to secure attention and press. Ironically, more entertainment is to be found in the contraversy than the actual productions created by these people :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I saw it on opening day, and I was far too ashamed to tell anyone about it. Maybe that's why no one here has mentioned seeing it, as this...."thing" is easily the worst movie EVER made. I DARE anyone who's seen it to come up with a more ridiculous work.

-I am SO going to buy this on dvd, though. The movie is so bad you can't help but laugh for 2 hours straight. Throw in some close friends and we're talking about a night to remember...