Toynami Beta

this is already posted in the Robotech Masterpiece thread, though these are much nicer and bigger pics B))

chris

Saw that myself at AX. Looks pretty cool.

Gotta love how effective the "Do Not Photograph" signs were. But then, I don't remember noticing them myself.

310119[/snapback]

I saw 'em. Not sure why they bothered, though. They look nice, but nowhere near ready (I think they were probably non-functional design maquettes). If they were't ready, and if they weren't official, why bother to put them out for the public to see, knowing full well someone was going to photograph them.

this is already posted in the Robotech Masterpiece thread, though these are much nicer and bigger pics B))

chris

310110[/snapback]

Just noticed that myself. Sorry. However seeing as the beta/tread is one of my personal favorites I'd be happy to see it have a thread of its own. In the end I guess that's up to the moderators. There will be no hard feelings either way.

Carl

You can really tell in the colored ones that this is a mock-up rather than a real proto-type.

310776[/snapback]

Exacyly. There's no way either of those could transform. They're missing all kinds of joints they'd need. Also notice that there's no screw holes anywhere on them.

In fact, I initially suspected that their prototypes were little more than cleaned up resin kits (the Newtype/Monocraft Armo-Fighter and the Trans-Factory Armo-Soldier kits, specifically). But I compared them, and there's actually pretty clear that they're different. Though it definitely looks like Toynami used them quite a bit for 'inspiration'

Edited by Valkyrie

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!!! A beta, one to go with all my alphas. To heck with all the complainin, I'm just happy somebody FINALLY listened to my prayers and made one...BIG enough to fit the alphas that were already made. So long as it transforms (and I'm pretty sure it will) I'll buy a couple. I wonder if they'll milk this one and make one for every color variant? Maybe they'll make the cyclones next!