Custom JokeMachine v2.0

Rohby

i may have missed it in the thread, how much are you charging, and would it be possible to get on in the "naked" grey?

that thing is pretty.

318594[/snapback]

the LV isn't coming out yet. He's doing the VF-1J's first. Just check out the For Sale section. He's already got one up for the VF-1J list. But it's practically sold out. :blink:

• 6 years later...

hehehe... hate to bring this back from the dead, but i'm so proud to have joined the exclusive Rohby JM2.0 club!!

VF-1j = my favorite!

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

new Macross Holy Grail item... next to my newly acquired other Rohby Custom... =]

Well, with such a small amount of them available, it's kinda hard to tell what they are worth. It's one of those things that some people are willing to pay through the nose for and have to have, or could careless about. I've seen one or two in my time offered at over $1000, which is crazy in my opinion, but like it's just one of those things thats value is different to each individual. For me, I'm not into joke machines, super deformed anything, so I think your best bet is to get info on how much 2nd owners of them paid. Not really a question I'd really ask someone though. That's their business.

I wonder if the Matchbox released versions hold a different value? Regardless, my '1S Joke is a personal favorite...

I wonder if the Matchbox released versions hold a different value? Regardless, my '1S Joke is a personal favorite...

I'm sure they do. Those are semi easy to find. I've seen those in close to mint and in box for about $100-$150.

yeah...I'm with Jasonc....not a big fan of the SD toys or kits.....I do however like these little SD eraser guys.....has anyone ever tried to paint these?

^_^

Those are cool. I like those simply for the fact that they are erasers first, and very cool erasers.

I got this from another member on the board who sold it in the "For Sale" section for $650. Personally, I think the engineering and amount of work that went into this custom guy was well worth the cost. Also for the fact there really is only about 12 total of these in existence. (1 blue, 1 yellow test, and 10 white ones)

Find more info on Rohby's site about the process it took to make this guy here: http://www.tinyimports.com/ScratchBuilt/JokeMachine/JM.htm

I got this from another member on the board who sold it in the "For Sale" section for $650. Personally, I think the engineering and amount of work that went into this custom guy was well worth the cost. Also for the fact there really is only about 12 total of these in existence. (1 blue, 1 yellow test, and 10 white ones)

Find more info on Rohby's site about the process it took to make this guy here: http://www.tinyimpor...eMachine/JM.htm

I do have to agree, the engineering is cool and all. I've seen the blue one, so I'm kinda familiar with it. As long as you're happy with what you got for what you paid, then the amount is worth it. That's always the thing with niche toys. It looks cool with the fast packs. How many times have you transformed it?

I'm sure they do. Those are semi easy to find. I've seen those in close to mint and in box for about $100-$150.

In that case looks like prices have held rather steady over the years; I paid about $80 for a MIB one back in '08..

I do have to agree, the engineering is cool and all. I've seen the blue one, so I'm kinda familiar with it. As long as you're happy with what you got for what you paid, then the amount is worth it. That's always the thing with niche toys. It looks cool with the fast packs. How many times have you transformed it?

just transformed it once from fighter to Battroid to see how the transformation works. It's pretty much like a miniature 1/48 in terms of the swing bar and articulation. The only thing that's pretty bad is that the resin has yellowed quite a bit so it isn't as pure white anymore, but at least it's all even in the coloring. Hopefully it'll stand the test of time and hold up!!