Battlefield 2 goes gold

I managed to start a download, I'll see if i can't get my friend to host the file on his site.

When it finishes...

P.S. my tag is Yushiro, generally for every game I play online.

Edited by Shmitty

im up for it... My OCed Athlon64, 1Gig of RAM, and X800XL are ready...

-=Athlon64 3200+ (Winchester @ 2.25GHz), 1GB DC-Kingston HyperX PC4000 @ 474MHz, BBA Radeon X800XL 256MB AGP8X, 2x Seagate 80GB HD's, Pioneer DVDRW, LITEON DVD-CDRW Combo, 600w PSU, Dual Monitors (CRT+LCD)=-

Me too:

Athlon64 3200+ (Winchester @ 2.25GHz)

1GB Corsair PC4000 @ 450MHz

2x Geforce6600GT PCIexpress mounted in SLI

2x Maxtor 200GB SATA HD's

2x Maxtor 80GB USB drives

Sony DVDRW

LITEON DVD-CDRW Combo

580w PSU

NEC 22" Professional Diamondtron

Crystalfontz 20X4 backlight LCD

4 knobs fanbus controler

Microsoft DSS80 USB speaker system (ROCKS !!!)

Nostromo speedpad

Logitech Formula GT steering wheel

All running on Windows X64 and free!!! highspeed 6.5Mbps cable modem (cause I work for the biggest ISP in Quebec...yipeee!)

Battlefield 2, bring it on!!!

Edited by Montarvillois

I started playing the demo, and all I can say is: "holy crap!" First of all, its effing gorgeous. Screenshots just don't do it justice. And the commander and squad lead actions are really cool and inventive. When you get "killed" the first two or three times (I can't remember), you can call a medic and they'll fix you up and get you back to fighting, unless you like fall off a cliff or something. I'd say more, but now I'm going to go play it again.

Edit, there are actually times where you're jsut seriously injured, and when you're killed. That's what decides if you can get back to fighting or not.

Edited by Shmitty

I'll be messing around with it online for a good portion of the night. If anybody wants to join in, look for the "Macross World" server. If I decide to password it, the password will be "valkyrie."

I can't seem to find it, do you have the IP?

I'm very pleased! Nice job they have done.

With my 1600xp and 512mb ram and a radeon 9600 pro im suprised this game runs even faster and better than the battlefield vietnam engine. B))

The soundeffects really rock! And the enviroment is so beautifull! SNIPAHHEAVEN :ph34r:

I tried to set it all high but founf out my harddisk is swapping near death for minutes and on every movement I make.

I guess for high settings you have to have atleast 1GB of RAM. :blink: (same problem with the buggy game "Boiling point")

GREAT. I just finished installing BF2 only to find out my video card SUCKS. I don't even have a CPU powerful enough to run the minimum requirements.

Woe is me. :lol::lol::lol::lol::unsure:

So whats everyone's impressions so far? I'm enjoying this game far more than I even expected to. The game seems to run just fine on the default graphic settings, so I'm going to mess around with them and increase them incrementally. Oh, and I unsurprisingly suck at flying the choppers. :lol:

BF2 is gonna be sniper galore! Hurray! makes me think back of Delta Force 2, large maps and 1000m+ snipertargets. B))

Except that everytime you snipe...it zooms out while you reload the chamber LOL!

You need to reaquire your targets!

BF2 is gonna be sniper galore! Hurray! makes me think back of Delta Force 2, large maps and 1000m+ snipertargets. B))

Except that everytime you snipe...it zooms out while you reload the chamber LOL!

You need to reaquire your targets!

I had 6 kills with that m24 first timer:D Holding down the leftmousebutton to confirm hit.

btw. it seems that the creat account option under multiplayer doesnt work.

Try via "manage accounts", it's the same but it works! :)

Edited by Kin