Wow...

Hiriyu

I know I'm a way-behind-the-curve newb here, but I have to say that I'm most impressed with the artwork/presentation in Macross Plus (and only nearly 10 years too late). The music and storyline ain't too bad neither! :p

Quick questions:

I have the Japanese DVD version w/ English subtitles, Guld's character is titled as "Gald". Is this just one of the funny ideosyncrosies we get vis a vis the translation?

Also, the credits list the contributors for the English version as well. I see a Les Claypool credited with the "final mix". Is this who I think it is?

Thanks!

It's not an idiosyncracy, rather a lack of accuracy on whoever put up the subtitles. His name is Guld. I take it you saw the Movie version?

Nice, glad you liked it, I just saw it for the first time recently myself, and I was also impressed with the animation/music and the story was good too. I've only watched the OVA, but I'll get around the the movie soon. As much as I like the VF-1 valks, the Mac+ valks are definately the coolest, the YF-19 is my fave valk by far.

Is it a bootleg or official R2 release? Interesting... sounds like it would be a bootleg. Course, doest Yamato's stickers say "Galdo" or something like that? I know the other pilot sticker is "Isam" or something like that.

Also did u see the OVA or the movie edition?

I like Macross Plus too. Greatest Macross animation quality yet, IMO, with a story second only to Macross 7's. The YF-21 and VF-22 is, so far, my favorite Valkyrie design.

So... tell us what u think Guld actually did to Myung, if u would. Just curious. :)

So... tell us what u think Guld actually did to Myung, if u would. Just curious. 
MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny.... I actually read / lurked through that thread. Strangely enough, it was the catalyst that made me pick up the DVD, just to see what the hell you all were going on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on about :lol:

I'd say that I side with the 'stopped before anything much happened' camp, though sexual assault is not exactly a laughing matter either. I don't see any point in reading any more into the story than was presented to us in the first place. Heheheh....

*Edit - the DVD in question is the OVA, produced or sold by "Manga International / dvdshop2001@mail2000.com.tw" (???). The actual product in question appears here: Ebay Auction*

Edited by Hiriyu

*Edit - the DVD in question is the OVA, produced or sold by "Manga International / dvdshop2001@mail2000.com.tw" (???).  The actual product in question appears here: Ebay Auction*

That is a bootleg, not the R2...

Edited by spooncivicR

I dont know...it seems severe enough that I suspect something did happen....a bit of the old Zentran blood taking over....it's the only way I can rationalize the major shifts in their friendships, and lives.....they handled it in the anime tastefully though...which was cool...I like it when things are left up to interpretation.

I'd say that I side with the 'stopped before anything much happened' camp, though sexual assault is not exactly a laughing matter either. I don't see any point in reading any more into the story than was presented to us in the first place. Heheheh....

Thank you. I needed to hear that :)

Oh, Macross Plus rocks!