Request for Yamato to make DYRL style

chowyunskinny

See the size of the chest and head to the shoulders and everything? I think that Yamato could get a little closer to that and still keep a good looking fighter. Plus, if they did eventually release GPB armor, having a slimmer physique would much improve the look with armor on.

This is not voiced as a complaint, but more of a hope...

— Gregory Scott

i'm down for the cause!

i too would like some TV style hands available. whether it comes with it or if yamamto sells them seperately, i would buy them for sure.

anyone doing any kind of resin casts for different 1/48 hands? if so hit me up or someone point me in the right direction please.

thanks! :D

Okay. . . not to sound like one of my favorite moderators here. . .

But geez guys! How anal can ya get!?!

They're hands! :p

I mean, it never occured to me that the hands might not be perfect until people started ranting about them a few months ago.

Which brings up an interesting question. . . how long after the release of the first 1/48 did people start really complaining about the hands?

I could be wrong, but it seems like people only started really complaining about the hands after the other major issues were fixed with the release of the Max and Low-vis. But I could be wrong.

It just seems so very, very nit-picky. I wish they would grip the gunpod better. . . but I think they look fine. . . especially since they need to fold into the forearms.

No offense intended here guys. My tongue is planted firmly in my cheek. I realize that we all want our valks to be as close to perfect as possible. . . but let's show some perspective here! :)

Best Regards,

Hurin

i'm down for the cause!

i too would like some TV style hands available. whether it comes with it or if yamamto sells them seperately, i would buy them for sure.

anyone doing any kind of resin casts for different 1/48 hands? if so hit me up or someone point me in the right direction please.

thanks! :D

I have just completed some square finger hands that I intended for the 1/48, i should have the mold done tomarrow and will post some pics ASAP>

mike

See the size of the chest and head to the shoulders and everything? I think that Yamato could get a little closer to that and still keep a good looking fighter. Plus, if they did eventually release GPB armor, having a slimmer physique would much improve the look with armor on.

— Gregory Scott

Well, if we were to go with that screengrab, we'd have to make the gunpod as big around as the battroid's leg!

BTW, where is that screen grab from? It rocks!

I don't think we can go to a cel from the show and say: There, that's how it should look. The people drawing the show took just as many liberties with the line art as Yamato has when their artistic sensibilities dictated that they should do so.

H

I mean, it never occured to me that the hands might not be perfect until people started ranting about them a few months ago.

Which brings up an interesting question. . . how long after the release of the first 1/48 did people start really complaining about the hands?

I could be wrong, but it seems like people only started really complaining about the hands after the other major issues were fixed with the release of the Max and Low-vis. But I could be wrong.

It just seems so very, very nit-picky. I wish they would grip the gunpod better. . . but I think they look fine. . . especially since they need to fold into the forearms.

No offense intended here guys. My tongue is planted firmly in my cheek. I realize that we all want our valks to be as close to perfect as possible. . . but let's show some perspective here! :)

Best Regards,

Hurin

Nah. We all complained about the hands as soon as pictures of battroid were released for Hikaru's 1A oh so long ago.

Sorry— I know I tend to go on about the chest. Its just that it bugs me so much that i almost can't help but go on about it.

I'll save it. I am aware that there is no chance of it being redone, unless I do it myself. But I want to scratchbuild a larger scale version, anyway, so I'll just pick up a VF-1J for fun. The type of hands don't matter to me that much. Looking at some of the original lineart on this site, it seems that the hands are about twice as wide as the forearm— about the size of the head, in fact. But it varies from screengrab to screengrab, design art to other design art. The look of the thing changes enough from what I've seen to make it all a moot point (aside from chest size, which is always thinner than in the Yamatos).

We just need the guy up above to make some garage-kit hands for those of us here who want them, and that will solve that.

— Gregory Scott

i don't know times, people, and places but i do know i did NOT like the hands from the get go.

the hands would be fine by me, if a certain company that makes *cough* MPC's *cough-cough* didn't make better ones. sad but true, as it was pointed out in another thread.

I hope they paint the area around the optical visor gray also, unlike the 1/60 version.

I may be wrong here, but I think it's only in DYRL that we see the armored VF-1J with a grey painted visor. IIRC in the TV series Hikaru's VF-1J has a white visor.

Graham

No! The TV VF-1J does have a grey visor. It is shown in serval episodes before long before Hikaru gets the VF-1S. And if you look a pictures related to the TV series and not the movie you see it has a grey visor, so therefore the Yamato VF-1J's visor should be grey. Here is what I did with a recent photo of the VF-1J with FP's that I (ahem) edited, and see what I mean.

post-4-1064506835_thumb.jpg

— Gregory Scott

Hmmm....I believe it's called "anime magic"

The way it looks on the anime is how it is because some parts shrink, and some parts expand when transforming. You can't really drag that over into a three dimensional transforming toy.

Maybe with enough time, new materials and engineering, but weill be be able to really afford one? :D

No! The TV VF-1J does have a grey visor. It is shown in serval episodes before long before Hikaru gets the VF-1S. And if you look a pictures related to the TV series and not the movie you see it has a grey visor, so therefore the Yamato VF-1J's visor should be grey. Here is what I did with a recent photo of the VF-1J with FP's that I (ahem) edited, and see what I mean.

No offense to your photoship skills, but that just looks fugly.

I'm sorry but I think you should take into account animation errors. Hell in DYRL?, Roy has a yellow heatshield. Anyways check the two screen shot the Jis suppose to have a green visor. The S type has one, and so does the A types, why should the J be different?

What's being discussed is really the "trim" around the lens(which is shown as both white and gray, depending on where you're looking), not the lens itself(which is unarguably green).

One thing about the 1/48 in all modes is that the cockpit area is too fat. I wonder if they made it fatter so they didn't have to do anything funky to bring the legs in towards the centre more.

I wish they had made the cockpit thinner and the intakes taller. I can handle the low hanging arms as I understand it's hard to get the bars in there for tranformation. Correct taller intakes would have helped hide the arm problem better. The bottom of the intakes really needed to come down a lot more realtive to the bottom of the lower legs in fighter mode.

To bring it on topic, I'd like the non-articulated hands similar to the 1/60 ones. I'd say two sets, just like 1/60, one closed fist and able to be stowed in the arms and one posed in an "anime way." I'd prefer they designed some beefier individually ball-jointed fingers but that's not gonna happen anytime soon, I don't think.

To stay off-topic... after seeing those pics (the photochop and the anime) I really prefer the white of the TV opening credits to an anime friend mistake. In fact, I wonder why they did the DYRL GBP that way. Eww.

As far as the arms. I don't have a beef with proportions or anything like that. I just wish they had a better connection/locking method. That's the only weak point of the 1/48 design, IMO, ESPECIALLY with the FAST-packs.

Edited by Uxi

To stay off-topic... after seeing those pics (the photochop and the anime) I really prefer the white of the TV opening credits to an anime friend mistake. In fact, I wonder why they did the DYRL GBP that way. Eww.

I prefer the gray frame. It adds a little accent. Sort of like a chrome bumper.

Only you obviously won't be running into anything with the face of a battroid.