Another Japanese names Q from yours truly.

OK so ya'll know my car's name is Akane, right? Well I'm getting a new car, an STi, and I want a name a touch more fitting.

Is there any feminine name in Japanese that translates out to something to do with cherry blossums? Or is that Sakura?

Anyway, if someone could give me a feminine Japanese name that means something to do with Cherry Blossum as well as the kanji for it I'd be very greatful.

Also if I could get the kanji and correct translation for the name Miharu I'd be very greatful too :) I'm pretty sure it had something to do with "blue sky" but I can't remember exactly.

I really need to learn Japanese lol.

Thanks!!

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Hey Vossy.

Sakura is cherry blossoms. Miharu can go so many ways... there's no real "correct" kanji, especially in this day and age where it seems like Japanese are starting to just pull names out of their asses sometimes.

Here's a great resource for you, or anyone trying to learn Japanese.

http://poets.notredame.ac.jp/cgi-bin/jedi-inon

Just click on Proper Name, type in Miharu and hit enter.

Japanese-English Dictionary (enamdict_v2004-01) entries for ``miharu''

71 entries contain ``miharu''

Most the entries are spit out in Kanji and Hiragana, but if you have trouble reading anything, let me know.

Sakura is cherry blossoms. Miharu can go so many ways... there's no real "correct" kanji, especially in this day and age where it seems like Japanese are starting to just pull names out of their asses sometimes.

So, the Japanese are starting to come up with inner city names like Sheniquia, Bohemia, Oranjello, Lemonjello?

Cool.. :lol:

Not sure if its feminine or not, but "Ohka" is sometimes translated as "cherry blossom". However, I strongly suggest you read up on where its been used in other contexts, as you might not want to people to note the following association...!:

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/air_power/ap22.htm

;)

Personally, I've always enjoyed "Hikari" ("Light"), which often turns up for female anime characters, and is also used for a shinkansen service as well.

Go with Mari. You can't go wrong with it. :D

Eh, bad memories with Mari, though I always liked the name.

I planned on steering clear of Ohka because of the whole kamikaze thing, but I don't know how widespread the connotation is.

Supposed I could just stick with Sakura but it's so plain sounding that's why I always liked Akane, besides the obvious Akane Soma :lol::D But that doesn't really go with a white car very well. I liked Cherry Blossom because of the whole STi Cherry Blossom Red thing ;)

Keep the suggestions coming though!

Vostok 7

Hrm. Japanese female names for cars. I dont have J-ime on this work computer so no kanji but here.the (ko) in the following names below means add the ko to the end of the name if you want, as japanese female names often end in ko(the kanji for child), and some of the ones i mention are common examples. and if you choose to learn japanese down the line, its funny what alot of these names translate as, it would make you think the japanese are a bunch of hippies especally with names like aiko(Ai in this case meaning love and Ko in this case meaning child).heh anyways here goes.

Yumi(ko)

Kana

Maki(ko)

Hitomi

Yoshimi

Emi

Rie(ko)

Eriko

Yui

Atsumi

Aika

Aiko

Ai

Hope that helps.

Forget this Japanese name stuff.

Name your car "Candice"

Every Candice I've ever known was asian....

I'm looking for a name for my upcoming Spec V myself. Always liked Kitsune, both for the name (and meaning) and the character.

I do have a title for my car, though: Kuroi Kaze. (Black wind) My S14 was titled Shiroi Kaze (white wind), so it only makes sense.