Need Ideas

HWR MKII

Im kind of in a funk on what to build next guys. In a few weeks im going to be ordering a 1/72 scale model of the Outrider from SOTE. But until then i need some assistance.

Give me some ideas of feaseable models that you would like to see me build. Can be anything. This is why i put it in other anime /scifi. Im a little worn on the 5 macross kits i have going now and i need a break from them. I have the BSG viper from myersjessee on the way but construction and painting wont take too long on that. So throw some ideas at me and lets see what this generates.

Sean

MODS, Feel free to move this topic if you feel its warranted.

Edited by HWR MKII

With or without doorknob? :p

Ugh....without doorknob, thanks.

But seriously, do you ever build armor or afv's? I find its sometimes a nice change of pace, especially comapred to trying to achieve a flawless finish on something like a model car. Tanks you can simply paint olive drab (or whatever) and slather on all kinds of mud n gunk.

go to the How to section and check the thread called Big Tank. youll love it. Im worn on tanks too therin lies my problem. I want to do something different that is scifi but not macross related or a tank. I need a break from those 2 things right now. Please dont reccommend aircraft. I have a 15E that i have had for over a year now and it isnt finished. I work on the real jet all day so i cant bring myself to finish this model. I guess you could say i have builders block.

How about a scratch built diorama of a SPlicer 5000 sitting in the hanger of the UCSBS-Wolfsbane with flight crew and techs working on it, complete with weapon all around lol. I'll provide all the reference pics you would ever need :D:D JK but that would be awesome.

Ah, well I suppose that only leave ships, cars and figures. Of the three I'd say that a figure model would be the most fun for a "vacation" from your regular field. Is there any garage kits that would interest you? All I can come up with right now are the many many big-breasted Anime girls.

Knight

Go ahead and post up some pics of what you were talking about. It may give me some ideas.

BSU

I have a few of the Big breasted anime chicks too. Hell i have a C3PO thats over a foot tall. I have a wide variety of models im just looking for something to clean my pallet for the upcoming models.

Well, if you're feeling brave and want to try something relaly different from your usual large detailed models.... why not try your hand at painting miniatures? Seriosuly, it's alot different but the same principals apply.... And with your talents adn techniques at weathering, you could pull off a really realistic Battlemech or somethin.... just so long as the scale change didn't give you an anurism. Seriosuly tho, check out the links in my siggy for some ideas and examples.

Promethuem

I already have a Tau army lol. so im good on miniatures thx for the suggestion though.

NERV

Got the swordfish as well. Nice little kit just wish it was bigger. Im also looking foe Feis fighter thing is impossible to find.

Knight

If you could do up a good 3 view render and post it here we may have a winner. I love the look of your redesign. Im thinking a really light grey with blue trim markings and weathering. The smaller, smoother canopy wouldnt be difficult for me to make a master for and stretch form either. Get back with me on this please.

Sean

Some renders in Plain grey of the finished design with some high contrast light on them will be indespensable. I need a non textured model for the basic shape layout. I will stick to the design but i hope you dont mind if i take some artistic license on external detailing.

Sean

I already have a Tau army lol. so im good on miniatures thx for the suggestion though.

Haha, fair enough... got any pics? Just remember... for half the price you could buy a force for all four main factions in Warmachine.... ;) And Battlemechs are always fun and flexible.

Hey if you are serious and can turn out a reasonable representation of the 5000 I am all for it, and I would even pay for the completed model if you be in the mind for that. here are some five views of the design, if you need more pics of higher resolution and dimensioned just let me know and I will provide them.

Exo i would love to do that kit up if it can EVER BE FOUND! Please stop reminding me :p i will have the Outrider from Shadows Of The Empire in 2 months though im ordering it on saturday. I just need a good "different" model to clean my slate and knights idea seems to have hit the mark. I cant buy supplies until next weekend though but it gives me time to make cutting templates and plan what materials i will need to make it . Im going to go with 1/72 scale on it.

Knight

This design is great I hope you dont mind if i do some slightly different things with the exterior details for functionality sake. Meanwhile enjoy this pic of the stablemate that im getting for my Millennium Falcon, Dash Rendars Outrider

post-26-1114706068_thumb.jpg

Edited by HWR MKII

Sure, as long as you aren't thinking anything drastic that would alter the design too much, and as long as you give me credit for the actual design I say go for it. What kind of changes are you thinking of, also do you want to make gear up or down? If you need dimensions and close ups just let me know and I can send you what you'll need.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Outrider have some sort of polished/chrome finish to it? That's not to say that you can't weather a natural metal finish, but it's still not the same as the nice weather beaten and faded appearance we're accustomed to with most OT vehicles.

Knight

I wouldnt change the basic design at all it would just have a slightly more functional appearance to the panels and maybe some small external details. Some places on the design work in CG but in a physical model they are visually boring. Basically i want to add some eye candy. Who knows you may want to put them into your design. You will also have full credit as well. I will have to look at the gear a little more but i may see if there is a way to make it removeable.

BSU

The book says its chrome like but every representation i have ever seen of the ship makes it look like a clean millennium falcon type grey with some off colored panels. It was definitely kept in better shape. The chrome reference could have been to emphasize how shiny and clean the outrider was kept for a starwars vehicle. I also have a model of Xixors Virago on the way with my new falcon. Im having to Retire my 10 year old falcon soon since it has been moved around the world so many times. I may refurbish her a little and see.

Edited by HWR MKII

Knight

If you could give me some Renders top,front and side all in the same size that would be good. With them all the same size i can print them out and measure from that to start my masters. The 5 view is good for later when details matter more but now i just want to knock out the shape.