Serenity Trailer Up!

Gaijin

I've heard that some people who saw Batman Begins in the theater saw of course the trailer that has been online on the big screen with one small change...a July 29th release date. Is Uni deciding that the film is ready to go already? They've been selling out advance screenings everywhere, and it seems odd that they'd change the release date again.

I've heard that some people who saw Batman Begins in the theater saw of course the trailer that has been online on the big screen with one small change...a July 29th release date. Is Uni deciding that the film is ready to go already? They've been selling out advance screenings everywhere, and it seems odd that they'd change the release date again.

Yeah I saw that trailer... there's also a pic of the crew in the new Entertainment Weekly. Lemme get a scan...

Did anyone else see Summer (River) in last weeks 4400. She played a troubled youth in a mental institution!!! Poor girl really knows how to play that part but I hope she's not getting type-cast!

Chris

The July 29th thing was taken back:

http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=2&t=10865

Still have to wait til September :( Unless they do more screenings that is....

I've heard that some people who saw Batman Begins in the theater saw of course the trailer that has been online on the big screen with one small change...a July 29th release date.  Is Uni deciding that the film is ready to go already? They've been selling out advance screenings everywhere, and it seems odd that they'd change the release date again.

The July 29th thing was taken back:

http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=2&t=10865

Still have to wait til September :( Unless they do more screenings that is....

Yeah, I just saw that right after I posted. C'mon Sept! B))

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad their making a movie and everything but I'd rather see it back as a series. There's so much mythology and character development, it lends itself more nicely in a serial fashion. Plus I get to see it every week... Unfortunatley Whedon already said that's not gonna happen.

Buy the rutting DVD's people!

Edited by >EXO<

I kinda doubt Joss wants to go back to TV even if they offered him the world...because they have screwed him so many times, I think he will stick to films as he has stated.

Hopefully, it does well enough for sequels...I mean, we get sequels to House of the Dead, and other crap.... :angry:

Not making it into a TV series again is the opposite of what Joss commented about on one of the DVD's special features.

He said after the movie is out he hopes someone will say "hey, that would make a great TV series!"

310485[/snapback]

I think the "not going back to TV was a more recent" statement. In any case I would love to see it on a weekly basis.

This was a speech by Joss Whedon before one of the advance screenings of Serenity:

Hi, my name is Joss Whedon. Before we begin the special screening, I have a little story I want to tell you. It's about a TV show called Firefly.

Firefly went on the air a few years ago and was instantly hailed by critics as one of the most canceled shows of the year. It was ignored and abandoned and the story should end there, but it doesn't, because the people who made the show and the people who saw the show (which is...roughly...the same *number* of people) fell in love with it a little bit...too much to let it go, too much to lay down arms when the battle looked pretty much lost. In Hollywood, people like that are called 'unrealistic' ... 'quixotic' ... 'obsessive'.

In *my* world, they're called 'Browncoats'.

Whether you've watched the show, or saw the DVD's, or whether you've never set foot in the Firefly universe before tonight, the fact that you're here means that you are part of something...something that is a little bit remarkable. This movie *should not* exist. Failed TV shows don't get made into major motion pictures unless the creator, the cast, and the fans believe beyond reason.

It's what I've felt. It's what I've seen...in the DVD sales, the booths at the cons run by fans, the websites, the fundraisers... *all* the work the fans have done to help make this movie. It is, in an unprecedented sense, *your* movie...which means, if it sucks, it's *your* fault. You let us down, but let's not dwell on *your* failures because the work is not done.

I have to finish making it. Obviously not *quite* the final cut and you will notice some placeholders in music and effects, but we're very close. Once we are finished, we have to get people to see it. Now, obviously the studio is going to do their thing. There will be ads and trailers and all that joy, but this movie doesn't have stars and it doesn't have a giant mega-budget or even a simple salable premise. What it has is *us*, the people who believed unreasonably.

If this movie matters to you, let somebody know. Let *everybody* know. Make yourselves heard. If you don't like the movie, this is a time for quiet, silent contemplation. But, when the unfinished credits roll, if you still call yourself a Browncoat, remember the millions of people who don't...who *might*.

I want us to do this together. The cast is going to be appearing wherever they can. I'm going to be blogging and stumping and whatever I can think of. We've got Can'tStopTheSignal.com up and running...I'm fairly certain. We're all doing everything we can to make this the event that it should be.

Just remember, they tried to *kill* us...they *did* kill us...and here we are. We have done the *impossible*, and that makes us mighty. Thank you for helping to get this movie as far as it has gotten.

Welcome to Serenity.

B))

I was going to go to the Houston screening (no ticket just show up) and opted instead to get some sleep as we were driving to Atlanta next day. Then I found out Summer Glau (River) was there :(

In other less 'me pity' news, the international Serenity trailer airs in London at 10 GMT Wednesday, or in about 4 hours (think I did the math right)

http://www.cantstopthesignal.co.uk/trailer

On a more dismal note...I have yet to see a trailer in the theaters where I am...damn Wallace theaters!! :angry:

312767[/snapback]

I have yet to see a trailer for this one on TV....

312825[/snapback]

No trailer has appeared on TV yet for this...too early. But theaters have had them.

And even Yoda has sprang some subliminal force advertising for this film :D :

Yoda3.jpg

Edited by Gaijin

The upcoming Best Buy exclusive of the UK version of Battlestar Galactica Season One is going to have an exclsuive Serenity previews disc.

Just when I thought I'd wait for the Sept. release...now I guess I'll get this set too afterall. The thing I do for Firefly/Serenity. :D

Also is a NEW trailer that will be shown for Serenity. This will be shown only on TV and then the internet and theaters afterwards in the same way that Episode 3 was on ...The OC.

:lol:

From the Browncoats site:

New Serenity Trailer to Debut on SciFi

Tune in to SciFi this Friday night to see the world premiere of the brand new Serenity trailer! The final domestic trailer for Serenity will premiere on the SciFi channel, Friday, July 29th between 7:45-8PM EST during the airing of "Serenity Part 2". It will have its Internet premiere shortly thereafter (more details to come) and will be in theaters in August.

Edited by Gaijin