Kaneda's Bike

zerocool

:unsure: ???? when i click the link it ask me to post a message in a macrossworld thread.

chris

Well, even the bike from the Manga would have plastic bodywork, just like real sportbikes. For some reason they painted this one to look like it was made of metal and the paint was chipping off. It seems a little small, and personally it's a little bit on the pudgy/ugly side. Maybe in a few years there will be a better kit for a bike/scooter with more horsepower. I'd like one in black :)

It looks funky cuz its a purchaseable DIY kit.

I just thought you’d like a little more info about that story. According to the ITMedia article, it’s based off of the Honda Fusion (http://www.honda.co.jp/motor-lineup/fusion/index.html). There’s two (well, three) types for sale. A new Fusion, pre-modded will run you around Y1,155,000 (that’s in “Fighting Red” color). One that is painted to look more like the real (?) thing is called Kaneda Red and that will run you Y1,470,000. If you already have a Fusion and you just want the body kit, the bolt-on kit will run you Y630,000.

This is all put together by Saitaniya, a custom parts maker out of Osaka. They’ve been working on this for over a year, trying to get a kit that would be easy to put together and also not cost an arm and a leg. They say that if you can change your own muffler, then you can assemble the kit.

The other thing is that they haven’t gotten any kind of OK from Kodansha, the publisher than owns the rights to AKIRA. According to a guy from the custom parts maker, “We haven’t spoken to anyone from Kodansha. If you look closely, you can tell, but this isn’t the “Kaneda Special”. It’s nothing more than a custom parts to make your Fusion look “Akira-esque”. If we get the OK from Kodansha, we plan to get more detailed and that’s what we’re currently working towards.”

Hmm looks fine but too much plastic apeal. The shadows and wear made by airbrush seems to be cheap looking. Not much engraving applied on the surface.

(Orange county bikes could make a perfect 1:1)

Edited by Kin