Collecting Articulated Girls

shiyao

Hi all,

I was browsing Midtown Comics the other day (NYC 40th and 7th) and I came across the "Leila and Bike" figure from Vampire Hunter D. It was going for 9 bucks, and was the last one, so I just bought it (I've since come to realize you can find it cheaper online - what the hell, I didn't have to pay shipping).

It looked pretty shabby on the blister card packaging, and I was about to regret my purcahse when I opened the toy up. The bike was crap, but wow, Leila is a great figure! She isn't that well articulated, but you can get a decent stance out of her (see pic below). Not to mention she's almost McFarlane-detailed.

I've since purchased the 3 Final Fantasy x-2 chicks (Yuna, Rikku and Paine), and I'm thirsting for more articulated female action figures. The Danger Girl ones look good, but I hear they are more like statues. Same goes for the T-X Terminatrix from T3.

Anyone have recommendations for articulated girl characters? Rei? Asuka? I'd be delighted to hear from you guys.

post-26-1112774246_thumb.jpg

i believe any figure with the volks female body should be well articulated, i tihnk they made a female solider from jin roh, and i dunno if it was volks that made that GITS kusanagi awhile back

You're thinking of the Cool Girl "Protect Gear Midori" which is supposed to be released in May but it's been pushed back already so many times, who knows.

Vostok 7

I just meant that it was ugly and disproportionate.

Here's my Yamato Appleseeed headbash. Movie body with manga head. The arms are crappy as they fall off with little force used but the sculpt and articulation is great. Damn you Yamato!

DSC02331.JPG

I actually prefer the exaggerated Leila proportions to those of the Deunan figure. The anime elongation really appeals to me.

Ha, never Barbies, they aren't very poseable, and besides anything bigger than 8 inches doesn't really do it for me.

OK that last bit of the sentence needs re-wording. *cough*

Ha, never Barbies, they aren't very poseable, and besides anything bigger than 8 inches doesn't really do it for me her.

OK that last bit of the sentence needs re-wording. *cough*

Fixed

...and now whe know the reason why she dumped Ken

Spidey has got to be the coolest action figure ever.

Leila: "D who? Meier who?"

EDIT: Ok before this thread turns to mush, does anyone know of any articulated AND YET nicely sculpted female figures out there? I've seen the volks figures, I don't like the fact that they have their butts sacrificed for greater upper-leg articulation. Leila here has diagonal butt-cuts so she more or less still has a butt. But the SOTA SF girls (and guys, i guess), GI Joes, and volks ... they kinda have non-existent asses.

post-26-1112837596_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiyao

I just meant that it was ugly and disproportionate.

Here's my Yamato Appleseeed headbash. Movie body with manga head. The arms are crappy as they fall off with little force used but the sculpt and articulation is great. Damn you Yamato!

DSC02331.JPG

Exo, your posts crack me up because half the time they end with "Damn you <insert toy company>!"

I wonder if women would fall on a man who loves barbies. :rolleyes:

:blink: Somehow that didnt sound right.

It's not right....

Nicely sculpted AND articulated? I nominate the 12" Abbey Chase/Danger Girl figure from Dragon...Tons of accessories, a face that's close to the original artwork-overall she's very cool, as well as being a good partner to my 12" Blade figure, although slightly taboo..

Besides, they gave her pokey nipples for god sakes...

OK, on a whim I went and bought the Deunan movie figure.

$12.95 excl. shipping, good deal?

Will see how much better it is than Leila.

That's a good price. Retail is $25... I got deunan and Briareos for $20 as a set...

Just got my Deunan figure today (movie version), and I have a problem. She can't seem to hold any of her guns properly! Is this a problem for anybody else?

Just got my Deunan figure today (movie version), and I have a problem. She can't seem to hold any of her guns properly! Is this a problem for anybody else?

Yeap. I was annoyed over this as well. THe figure is just a floppy mess and the rifle looks oversized and can't be held by her. <_<