1. 1. What is your favorite BT/Alt?

• Smokescreen/Silverstreak
    • Sideswipe/Deadend
    • Hound/Swindle
    • Tracks/Ravage
    • Meister/Shockwave
    • Grimlock
    • Windcharger

Mods, I know this is transformer related but I can't start a poll in an existing thread.

So, sound off your favorite BT/Alt and why

for me its close between grimlock and shockwave, i like shockwave's head, car mode, ease of transformation, and his colors are starting to grow on me, but i like grimlock better.

I love his legs, with the bulk in the shins and the bumper/trunk being the knee plate, imo shockwave's legs are scrawny compared to his feet, at least smoke screen has the rear windsheil to even things out a bit. also since grimlock as ctually pretty normal feet with good poseability he's never been in a precarious pose

i like the detail on his head, how you can see his eyes behind the visor

i love the poseability in his arms, alot of the alts so far seem to have problems with arm poseability due to the forearm and arm being a regular joint, but since girmlock has the ball joint at the elbow is makes for great posing

and his car mode is awesome tight, love the big underbody plate

the only thing i would change is instead of having the silver parts inbetween his legs which are a big giveaway in car mode, i would remove that and give him a thicker inner leg so that he wudnt look too scrawny without the plates

My vote goes to Smokescreen. I love the rally WRX. Of course, I still haven't seen a few of the releases, like the RX8s and Mustangs. I only have a limited number of Alternators, because Hasbro is slow as molasses getting the darn things out in the stores. Now that I am in grad school I can't afford to do all of the toy collecting that I used to do, so no BTs for me.

Neil

Edited by combined arms

I didn't cast my vote, only for the sole reason that I'm waiting to see how PROWL's gonna look like in his BT/ALT version. But if I had to choose with what's out now, I think I might go with GRIMLOCK. This Bot's just a total bad-ass, in either mode.

My vote goes to Smokescreen. I love the rally WRX. Of course, I still haven't seen a few of the releases, like the RX8s and Mustangs. I only have a limited number of Alternators, because Hasbro is slow as molasses getting the darn things out in the stores. Now that I am in grad school I can't afford to do all of the toy collecting that I used to do, so no BTs for me.

Neil

check target, they seem to get them in but cant alawys keep stock, i heard that targets stock is determined by corporate off cie so all targets gets them, unfortunatley i found this out too late to get a white meister, but it got me my grimlock and shockwave, i could get swindle and ravage, but i odnt liek the cheapy yellow plastic, and i dont like the vettes, hood seam, bleh

Vote goes to DEADEND - excellent redo of the craptastic open-top LAMBOR, with badass paintjob, street detailing and mean looking face. Easy to TF too.

MEISTER is a cool car to base off of, but the thin upper arms look weak and keep popping off. GRIMLOCK and SMOKESCREEN are tough to TF, especially if you're worried about the paintjob.

For the sake of the poll, I'll have to say Grimlock.

I dig the look and poseability of Grimmy. I've unfortunately only been able to get my hands on one, and I had to order that one, online. It's being turned into a custom character, with modificatons to preserve the fender paint. I'm certain that Wheeljack will be my favorite Alt.

Dead end ticks me off. Sunstreaker was one of my first non minibot TFs as a kid. Hasbro left me with no choice, but to make my own. He's one of my favorites.

good poll idea! :) I voted Tracks (blue) as my fav and I own 7 BT's. Funny, cos when yellow tracks came out I couldn't look at it as it was so damn ugly. But the blue scheme with the white & red face and bonnet flame sticker rocks. Deadend and Hound come close though.

As I currently own all the Binalts in from Smokescreen to Shockblast, I shall join in the fray. My comments are directed strictly at the aesthetic and functional aspects of the toys, and I have tried to keep nostalgia and fanboy extremity (GRIMLOCK ROXORZZZ!! NO ONE CAN BEAT GRIMLOCK!!) out of my discussion.

Smokescreen/Silverstreak: This sculpt can only be realistically said to be "better" than the Meister/Shockblast sculpt in aesthetic terms - if you prefer, for instance, the more squared-out hood and the head sculpt. Other than this aspect, however, there is no way this can be called a "superior" sculpt - i.e. there is no way it can be better. The feet don't have "toes" like Meister, and it is on the whole less poseable. I would go out on and limb and say that aesthetically the mold is less pleasing to the eye as well - the Meister mold has cleaner lines.

Sideswipe/Dead End: Very good looking vehicle mode, but as we all know, the robot mode is a letdown. Too skinny legs and limited forward and backward rotation of the upper legs make this a very unposeable toy. The Dead End toy, in partciular, also feels rather top heavy (more so than Sideswipe).

Hound/Swindle: A funky vehicle mode and, I would say, an extremely convincing robot mode. The Hound mold can be posed in a variety of ways, and its large feet lend added stability for some interesting stances. This mold, however, is bogged down by two things - one, the vehicle mode looks substantially less realistic than the other Binalts (somewhat more tell-tale "transforming" lines than the others in the series); and two, it appears to have to be posed leaning forwards for most part - the weight of its larger large wheels tends to keep it toppling backwards if posed upright. A respectable second place, however.

Tracks/Ravage: This is the WORST in the entire Binalt series, in my humble opinion. Ridiculous amounts of kipple, poor ankle poseability, NO HIP ROTATION! The Ravage headsculpt is distressing as well, to say the least. The transforming process is also the most heart-stopping. There is little to recommend this sculpt, except that in one of the few poses it can achieve, it looks rather grand. But, that's about it. Enough said.

Meister/Shockblast: As you might have guessed by now, this one is the winner in my eyes. Everything good about Smokescreen/Silverstreak, and then some. Gorgeous, consistent headsculpts for Jazz and Shockwave, highly-poseable "toes" at the feet, ingenious muffler weapon (beats the hard-to-remove engine guns any day), improved heel stabilizers, very gorgeous lines, and, hell, the RX-8 executed down to the minutest detail. The only sculpt, incidentally to actually have front seat windows. Top marks in every category! I would say this sculpt ousts MPC Optimus, but we'll save that for another day.

Grimlock/Wheeljack: A respectable sculpt, with particularly innovative transformation process. Sadly, however, it seems to have a rather long neck in robot mode, and quite a bit of kipple hanging off the back. Nonetheless, the seat feet are highly poseable and the Grimlock mold lends itself to some exceedingly dynamic (and awesome) poses. Tied for second with Hound/Swindle, perhaps maybe a pip better.

Windcharger/Decepticharge: Cool vehicle mode, switchable canopies a bonus. The robot mode, however, is highly ... limited, I feel, for posing. The inability of its knees to bend forwards and backwards is a significant factor against it. (Let's ignore the missing drive train fiasco for the Alt series for now.) The robot looks also rather ... wimpy? Perhaps this explains why it also makes for less-than-awesome poses.

So there you have it, #1 Meister/Shockblast, #2 Grimlock/Wheeljack, #3 Hound/Swindle.

Whoa, hang on. Windcharger appears to be bendable at the knees? There's some kind of pin lock mechanism there ... anybody knows for sure? I'm afraid to try, lest I break something. Haha, this might alter the odds somewhat!

smokescreen/silverstrak have toes, they just arent poseable, if only smokescreen or meister had ankles they would be much more poseable, also be nice if smokescreen had better hips.

also not that since grimlock's neck it so poseable it doesnt have to be long, instead of hooking it on top the hood i keep it in

my problem with meisters weapon is that it looks hollow from the left side

either way im glad its not a have one or the other situation cuz i love them both

kinda weird pairings, but hey. I only got alts and they're not complete, tho. Only bought Shockwave, Streak, Smokescreen, Swindle, Sideswipe, and Hound. I passed on Meister, Grimlock and Windcharger.

My favorite is Shockwave (shockblast). He's got smart heel-support, looks rad in car-mode, has black-wheels, he's got his distinctive arm-blaster, and he's dark-purple! He is the coolest and most bad-ass and he's a friggin' decepticon. THE decepticon.! The color-coordination just friggin' rulz! As close to the original as one can get. Heck! I like him better now than in his original gun-form that I used to own back in the day.

He's much better than Meister, imho. The pearl-white color of Meister was a little off-putting for me. I still can't accept Jazz being an RX8. He's always gonna be a porche to me. With stripes.

My second favorite is Swindle. Again, the color-coordination just plain r0x. With his purple-shaded eyes and the grill, he looks kewl.

Next will be SilverStreak. I like his colors better than Smokescreen. Red and Silver. Badass.

Hound is ok, but his face looks ugly. Smokescreen's too much riced-out with those decals, but he's ok.

Sideswipe is my least favorite that I own and I keep him in car-mode. He looks better as a car.

Windcharger's my least favorite of all. He just looks weak and stuff.

BattleRavage is kewl if you keep him in cat-mode like one of the pics in the TF-thread, but he looks ridiculous as a regular bot.

Tracks oughta be ok. If I can find him again.

I would've like Grimlock. He looks kewl as a silver Stang. But... Me Grimlock me Dinobot! Me Grimlock King! Really. Unlike Shockblast and quite like Meister, it's tough to accept Grimlock as a car instead of Dinobot for me. It's just wrong.

Oh, well. That's my opinion. :D

Edited by treatment

I voted hound.

Looks good in robot mode, fun to play with in car mode. I like the dark green colour.

I also like the gun he has but it's a bit small.

The main highlight is the way the wheels spring up and down.

Two negatives:

-empty space under the chest

-arms are too short and not well articulated! I like long arms and ham fists like silverstreak's

One surprise:

-OMFG! the gun sits inside the extra tyre thing on the back. Awesome idea!

I think sideswipe is ok (my first alt) if you can find a nice alternative transformation where you place the doors inside the empty space where the boot is on his back in bot mode. I tried this and now he looks ok. That empty space is now filled up with the doors bent all the way backwards and tucked inside, so it now appears like a backpack of some sort. He looks pretty cool this way - kind of like folded-up bat wings. Everyone should try this out. Don't worry nothing will break.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Glory be to the Mustang.

The Jeeps are next on my list.