VF-11B with fastpacks?

CdnShockwave

What exactly is the difference between the VF-11B that comes in robot mode in the box and the VF-11B with fastpacks that comes with the boosters but comes in jet mode in the box? Are their any differences between the two toys other than the removable fastpacks?

Edited by CdnShockwave

I know they're different shades of gray. The 1st VF-11b is a little a darker than the fastpack version. Also the fastpack version comes with a pilot figure and better cut stickers, unlike the 1st release where the stickers look like they were cut by hand <_< Thats the only differences I could think of at the moment.

Edited by Osean

The two VF-11s are slightly different colours. Many believe the original that comes packed in battroid mode has the better colours.

The VF-11 with FAST packs obviously comes with FAST packs whereas the original does not.

The VF-11 with FAST packs has better cut stickers. However, they're still Yamato stickers. If you really want to make your Valkyries look good it is always best to buy fan made sticker sheets.

The VF-11 with FAST packs has a reinforced hip design, whereas the original was notorious for it's fragile hips breaking, leaving people with crippled VF-11s. For this reason alone, many consider the FAST pack version to be the superior purchase.

I have the VF-11B with the FBs and its so nice. my buddy had the original release and both its friggin legs were broken when he opened the box. i'd recomend the fast back one in an instant, save yourself the heartbreak of a busted valk.

CdnShockwave please refer to the MW review for the VF IIB FP which shows pictures and Graham discusses the differences.

Just in case if you do not know how to use the MW site, here is the precise link to Graham's VF-IIB FP review.

Also here is another VF IIB review.

Lastly, please use the MW SEARCH feature in the forums, it will help you avoid repeating questions that have already been asked and answered. Thank you! ;)

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

I have the original VF-11B and supposedly the VF-11B with Fast Packs is on its way. I love my original VF-11B and have had no problems with the legs snapping on it. I've been fairly gentle with it but its not like I baby the thing. I'll give a more thorough opinion when both are in my hands :)

This is a topic that seems to pop up fairly frequently.

• FP ver. is a lighter shade of grey. Gunpod is a lighter shade of green.
  • FP ver. has a pilot, regular ver. does not.
  • FP ver. has metal reinfoced hips.
  • FP ver. has FAST Packs.
  • FP ver. has Tampo printed UN Spacy emblem on the wing.
  • FP ver. has pre-cut heatshields (regular ver. you have to cut them yourself).

Graham

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, but I thought was nice, the bayonet on the gun is painted silver on the FP version (it's black in the non-FP version). The color variation is very slight IMHO. I love both of 'em... no broken parts... yet.

out of curiosity, where did you order from?

the last VF-11B FP i saw was on ebay, going for something in the region of USD$120. i managed to get mine from some bloke in canada who was happy to let it go for USD$65 shipped.

Just got mine in teh mail today :D and It's already my second or third fav toy. I can't beileve you guys bitching about these little tiny shoulder sliders.... My only gripe is the fact that teh curvature of the sheild makes it hard for it to stay on... And the shoulder assembly with way too many moving parts :lol:

out of curiosity, where did you order from?

the last VF-11B FP i saw was on ebay, going for something in the region of USD$120. i managed to get mine from some bloke in canada who was happy to let it go for USD$65 shipped.

I got it from www.bigbadtoystore.com for about $87.00 I think.

Yep, I was thinking of picking one up for the same price, $99 shipped. That's in USD of course. ^_^

Haven't decided yet. There's two other items I want to get first, and they're pretty rare. :unsure:

One is the Macross II 1/8 Ishtar resin kit, and the other is the Battle Angel Alita 1/8 resin kit, the first one not the "reborn" new one. -_- Hmm....choices, choices. :wacko:

Nope never. Which is why he went back to UPS for the flat rate shipping already, because Parcel Select blows chunks and lied to him. I almsot cried it took so long for my VF-11 to come... it was well worth the wait tho. While not my favorite design, it is easily the most playable Macross figure I have. It's a blast.

Another difference is that for some reason on the FP version, the black line across the legs is non-existent in the front portion of the legs, but reappears at the sides. It is supposed to draw a W-pattern on the thighs.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I felt the non-FP version was more poseable than the new one. :mellow: