Problem with Macross VFX 2

Sorata

Hi, Didnt know where else to turn so I hoped you guys would know. A long while back I bought Macross VFX 2 and a PS-X Change Version 2 to play it. Only problem is no matter what I do I cant see the good ending of the 2 possible endings (the ending where I fight the Macross 13 by the way I love the Macross 13 way better than the 7). Because of this I cant save after beating the game on the good ending and get the VF-11 Armored. Well I ordered a dex drive (thank you amazon merchants) to DL a game completed save from gamefaqs.com to give me the VF-11 Armored but could you guys tell me how I may be able to see the Good ending or tell me how it ends. I'll I have been able to find is that you pilot visits a grave and thats it.

EDIT: I think it could be a error with my disc as the PS-X Change disc allows it to boot (if it was a mod blocker it would have stoped me at the bootup) and play so I dont think its related to it realizing I am using a US system not a Japanese system. What it does is it stops at the area where the ending is about to load. I get the parts showing the Macross 13 explode and all but then it turns to a black screen at stays there. Could getting a mod chip for my PS1 or maybe a Japanese PS1 (man the cost would be a downer if I need to do this) allow me to see it. Anyone else have this problem with their VFX 2 or PS-X Change Version 2. I hope its not a bad game disc or PS-X Change disc. :unsure:

Edited by Sorata

You're not missing much, as it literally is just a static shot of a grave, but from old problems with trying to play the game emulated that I remember, it may have something to do with the wingmen you choose. If you stick with the girl, you should be safe.

Thanks for the reply. The female wingman is the one I always used though, but if the ending is just a static image then I guess its no big loss as the dex drive will take care of getting the VF after the scene ends.

I wasn't saying choosing her gives you a different ending, just that choosing the male wingman caused a problem when running the game on certain ps1 emulaters, resulting in a problem much like the one described.

the good/bad ending happens when you deicde to shoot or not shoot gilliam after the "base raid" mission. it's a short decision time, after you exit the base, he parks right in front of you & talks you down.

shoot gilliam, you head straight for space.

don't shoot him, you make a detour to the macross, fight the red VF 1 (again) & a bunch of ghosts, then fight that tohma guy (yeah, he was a bad egg all along :lol: ).

...at least that's what i remember

Edited by UN_MARINE

And as far as I remember, the problem wasn't the emulators, but a bug in the game itself that freezes the game before the endings come up. I've never seen any endings or got to save after beating it, and I've played it doing the old disc swap on an older PlayStation.

Haven't tried it on my modded PS2, though.

And as far as I remember, the problem wasn't the emulators, but a bug in the game itself that freezes the game before the endings come up. I've never seen any endings or got to save after beating it, and I've played it doing the old disc swap on an older PlayStation.

Ya mine used to do the samething. I don't own the game anymore so I can't try it on my Japanese PS2.

And as far as I remember, the problem wasn't the emulators, but a bug in the game itself that freezes the game before the endings come up.  I've never seen any endings or got to save after beating it, and I've played it doing the old disc swap on an older PlayStation.

Ya mine used to do the samething. I don't own the game anymore so I can't try it on my Japanese PS2.

Man well now I dont feel like I was cheated since this is so common.

yeah...the bad guys had some strange names too :D

Pheyos - Timoshie Daldathon(Timothy Dalton?)

As long as we're doing phonetics...

Pheyos sounds a lot like feo. Spanish for ugly.

Nah, the VF-X2 names were Hollywood movie-related on purpose, Timothy Dalton and Marlon Brando etc. Remember all the mission codenames were movie titles, with the last one named "Do You Remember Love?" ;)

As long as we're doing phonetics...

Pheyos sounds a lot like feo. Spanish for ugly.

Nah, the VF-X2 names were Hollywood movie-related on purpose, Timothy Dalton and Marlon Brando etc. Remember all the mission codenames were movie titles, with the last one named "Do You Remember Love?" ;)

Heh.

Pheyos STILL sounds like feo, though. :p

And as far as I remember, the problem wasn't the emulators, but a bug in the game itself that freezes the game before the endings come up.  I've never seen any endings or got to save after beating it, and I've played it doing the old disc swap on an older PlayStation.

You don't own the game anymore?

And you call yourself a macross fan? :lol:

I don't recall ever fighting Maria Barnrose a second time... I remember the fight over the snowy fields (she flies a VF-1 identical to Milia Jenius').

My copied version of the game never had a problem, I was able to get both endings, but I ALWAYS chose Suzie as my wingmate. Choose Suzie and do NOT shoot Gilliam when he stands you up... if you've already tried this and it's still not working, I don't know what to tell you :(

You're really not missing that much in the GBP-11C. It's only slightly different from the GBP-1S in that it also has nuclear warheads (which while fun to shoot are only really good for shooting at capital ships with)

I don't recall ever fighting Maria Barnrose a second time... I remember the fight over the snowy fields (she flies a VF-1 identical to Milia Jenius').

My copied version of the game never had a problem, I was able to get both endings, but I ALWAYS chose Suzie as my wingmate. Choose Suzie and do NOT shoot Gilliam when he stands you up... if you've already tried this and it's still not working, I don't know what to tell you :(

You're really not missing that much in the GBP-11C. It's only slightly different from the GBP-1S in that it also has nuclear warheads (which while fun to shoot are only really good for shooting at capital ships with)

Yeah did both paths years ago but I can see the good ending thats all. But the dex drive took care of the VF-11C Armored for me and it appears I didnt miss alot with the good ending.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Red VF-17S- Manfred Brando

Soup up VF-22- Wilbur Garland

Red VF-1S - Maria Forkina Barnrose

Ironically the best VF to handle the Ghost is the VF-17D because of obvious reasons.

why the VF-17D would be better??? i guess i should try again with a VF-17D because i wasn´t able to beat all those ghost x-9.

PSX Multi Converter

Click on the link under the PSX Multi Converter section. It's the first one called psxmc323.zip. You can use it to rip PSX audio and video files to your pc. I haven't found a game that it won't work for.

oddly enough it doesn't work very well for VF-X-2. Although i was able to get the pictures and movie the soundtrack is in separate midi format and needs to be join together somehow.

Red VF-17S- Manfred Brando

Soup up VF-22- Wilbur Garland

Red VF-1S - Maria Forkina Barnrose

Ironically the best VF to handle the Ghost is the VF-17D because of obvious reasons.

why the VF-17D would be better??? i guess i should try again with a VF-17D because i wasn´t able to beat all those ghost x-9.

That's because the laser beam gun the 17D carries can track the movement of the Ghost(or any enemy) better than the projectile gun pods of other mecha.

Also very convenient for shooting down missiles.