1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

Ok here is where i am, i've had pneumonia for about a week and have not done much more than go from the bed to the couch, that being said i still did get a bunch of work in since my last post before i got sick, so Devins kit should go out tomorrow and they i will start getting ready to take $ and ship out kits...

thanks

mike

Health should always come first. I can wait a while if you want to hold off on shipping mine until you feel better. :)

Ok here is where i am, i've had pneumonia for about a week and have not done much more than go from the bed to the couch, that being said i still did get a bunch of work in since my last post before i got sick, so Devins kit should go out tomorrow and they i will start getting ready to take $ and ship out kits...

thanks

mike

409501[/snapback]

its soo cool, but i dont think my skill level is up to the task just yet... :(

409639[/snapback]

My skills are pretty bad myself. I think Stevie Wonder could do a better paint job than I have on half my stuff. But, I'm still getting one while the gettin's good so I'll have it waiting when my skills do get there....

If you're contemplating it, you might want to get your name on the list. The kit won't be around forever, and the price is a bargain considering the size and detail of it.

Always happy to help a fellow MWer justify cleaning out his wallet. But, you'll always make more money. The Monster however will be limited :o:unsure: .

its soo cool, but i dont think my skill level is up to the task just yet... :(

409639[/snapback]

My skills are pretty bad myself. I think Stevie Wonder could do a better paint job than I have on half my stuff. But, I'm still getting one while the gettin's good so I'll have it waiting when my skills do get there....

If you're contemplating it, you might want to get your name on the list. The kit won't be around forever, and the price is a bargain considering the size and detail of it.

Always happy to help a fellow MWer justify cleaning out his wallet. But, you'll always make more money. The Monster however will be limited :o:unsure: .

409656[/snapback]

Ok Ok, add me to the list. does any one have any pics of this thing? B))

Ok Mike wheres the PM?

410169[/snapback]

You actually should be in the fist 5 shipped, Jesse is going to be picking up his kit in person in a week or so...

I only need to make 1 more mold tonight, i forgot to make a mold for the "eyes" they will be cast seperatly so that you can paint them white off the body and tack them on....

I have 2 full boxes of parts for these, and like 7 or 8 bodies.....i just need to cast up the eyes and cast up some of the clear parts (which i now have gang molds for)....

We are soooooo close :)

Wow you can almost hear all those monster fans Chomping at the bit in anticipation.

Me I just want to see one done, then providing I can accuire the cash tag my name to the bottom of the list. :)

Dont need the eyes on mine. Id rather paint them on like  nose art :D  So can i paypal the money to you tonight?

410236[/snapback]

Actually I was guessing they would be decals. Casted eyes sound interesting to me though.

Hi all

I had to re-register because I could not get my new email (moricon@tampabay.rr.com) to validate and I had to create a new one (moricon2@hotmail.com). Please send the PM to this handle or email me at moricon@tampabay.rr.com or moricon2@hotmail.com with the payment instructions when you are ready.

Thank you so much and sorry for the trouble. I would also be happy to awnser any questions to validate that I am the owner of the Robert S login as well.

Robert

Bumped to the end??? That more or less proves you're NOT Robert S

Stand up and be a man, fight for your spot! Cause if I was 5th on the list (I'm only 11th :( ) and the same thing happened to me, I would be kicking and screaming to prove I was the one and same Viceland, not bending over and taking it in the @ss, and settling for last place on the list, which someone pretending to be me would do, so to not stir up any crap.

But then again, why pretend to be someone else, only to settle for last place when you could just as well ask to be on the list (therefore in last place) with a legit user name...

Ok, I guess you're the REAL Robert S :D:rolleyes:

Edited by Viceland

OR....

Someone below Robert S on the list is pretending to be him to say he want's to be last on the list, so his real spot gets bumped a spot.

hmmmm....

Hey Mike, I'm actually Jarowar, Vice lent me his username to post cause mine doesn't work anymore. Just letting you know that I still want 2 Monsters, but since I can't prove I'm Jarowar, you can bump me to the end of the list, ok? thanks!

:D

What are you implying Vice. I have never had a problem with where i am on the list. Wouldnt mind being #1 on it but i am content. Dont make me let the bitey monster posted above loose on you.

No HWR is not pretending to be me. I just wish he would update his siganture for the day count :lol::D

Just trying to be fair. Of course if I don't respond to Robert S I hope that will help but the again using logic I could have him tied up so he can't awnswer. Of course that would mean I was tieing myself up and I ma just not into that :lol::lol:

Ok, looks like all systems are a go! i will be contacting people to get a few payments this weekend :) I pulled the first batch of translucent red parts and they are nice....the idea is that even if you are not going to light these parts you can paint them and then scrape/sand off the parts that you want red...

Couple of quick things to reinforce about the kit before people start to send off payments. I do not want to sound like a broken record about some of this stuff (or defensive) , but anyone who knows me knows that i really want people to be happy and have no suprises..

1) The original intention of this project was to make and cast a monster that was much more accurate, lighter, better cast and significantly cheaper (on the order of more than $100.00 depending on shipping) to the WF offering a few years ago. On this front, i am 100% happy with the kit, i pulled the WF offering and this kit is soooooooo much nicer IMHO. Hopefully someone else who has this kit can confirm this for me once they have my kit in hand.

2)I sculpted this kit using a combo of line art, box art, screen caps, and existing model offerings (like the yellow sub 1/144) so my kit may not match perfectly a detail that appears on one pic or another. I also took into consideration some logistical issues, ie the leg struts do not narrow as much as in the line art, but to hold up all the upper weight i wanted them a bit beefy, just one example...It looks like a monster to me :)

3) While this kit does have the ability to be posed it is meant to be a "pick a pose" type of a kit. The leg struts can not be adjusted, but the upper legs are on ball joints allowing you to pitch the legs as you would like, the cannons are on ball joints, and the arms come in 3 parts that can be posed as you would like. I'm sure that some people may want to customize their kit to have more flexibility, and it is certainly possible.

4)Seams, the price of this thing being largely hollow will be some seam filling (just like on plastic kits), some little tweaks needed, mostly around parts that shrank at different rates (resin shrinks a bit more with more mass). I have played around with the the parts that will need some putty, and it is not a huge deal if you are familiar with resin kits. the arm cannons and the underbody will need some putty, but it is not major rework or anything, just filling in the seams. If you have good ventilation i highly reccomend the red bondo putty you can get from Walmart, dries fast and sands easy. i will be doing a tutorial on this in the instructions.

5) Instructions will follow shortly, the fist kits will go out without any instructions available, but this thing only goes together one way :) so i am sure some people will tackle it before the instructions are done.

6)Just remember, this thing is hand sculpted, no rapid computer prototyping here, there are a couple of little things i wish were better, but i do not think anyone will be disappointed, hopefully i am my own worst critic. Referring back to the original intent of the project, IMHO this is a great value for the $, hopefully everyone will feel the same....

Thanks for putting up with my rant, one last thing, this kit is well cast, while you may need to contend with seam filling (due to the hollow thing) you will not need to be filling a bunch of crazy bubbles, if a part slips by that you are not happy with, i will replace it....

Thanks again

mike

Thanks for the sig update HWR! :lol::lol::lol:

I can state (for me anyway) having watched this thread (and the other one too) that I can not see a way that I would be disapointed. Just having this be done is a wonderful thing. Having it doen with such skill and caring is more that I think any of us could have hoped for.

THANK YOU

Sent out info to the first 5 for payment info, i will keep everyone updated as to what is going out, i will be sending PM's to people as they come up on the list, if anyone has a ? let me know here or PM me

thanks

mike

What are you implying Vice. I have never had a problem with where i am on the list. Wouldnt mind being #1 on it but i am content. Dont make me let the bitey monster posted above loose on you.

410548[/snapback]

:o

Hey Sean, I was talking about any of the 41 people below him on the list when I said "Someone below Robert S", and that includes me! :lol: