Check this out , guys. Nice dioarama.

Laserstorm

Check this great diorama guys.

http://www.tmpforums.com/index.php?showtopic=4740&st=0

It really looks great. But still there are some things that are bugging me.

First of all, and I think most important is that the valkyrie is in battroid mode.

It is much safer and easier to mount super armor on VF-1 if it's in fighter mode,

you don't have to use big cranes and pullies, if a person slips from the top he

will fall from a height of 4-5 meters not 11 meters.

Second, and this is also very important, the ordinance is NEVER, and I reiterate,

NEVER stored in the same hangar as the plane, and that goes for the fuel, they're

kept in isolated places of the base, far from planes, as these materials are highly

flammable. They are kept in special warehouses with early fire warning systems and fire extinguishing systems.

I know some of you will say that this diorama is based on cartoon series and not on real life, that what I said holds no merit, but I've read a lot of essays and

explanations on Macross, concerning various VF-1 systems and their equivalents in real life that I still have the impression that the designers of it tried to make

it as real as posible, and in spirit of that do I share my thoughts on this issue.

I would like to hear your comments.

Oh, I forgot to mention, this great dio, made me think of making one in the same

style, although I will make those modifications I mentioned previosly, and there's

an idea I have , that is very interesting. I intend to make a light up system, so

when I press the switch, white lights will glow from the ceiling, and on the walls

there'll be red lights for alerts, that will flash on and off. I also intend to

mount a speaker system that will play an air raid sirene. I'm still in the planing

phase, so nothing is certain as of yet. I'm still pondering on how to achieve the

idea, I don't know what materials I should use, so any help would be greatly

apreciated.

Meh, it's ok - but the two things that bother me are more logistics based - based on how the crane arm is grabbing the booster - how the heck is it going to get mounted on the back of the valk? Is the crane arm just going to disappear? Second - and this is more the safety standpoint - you would never have someone standing ON the crane arm, while it is lifting something that heavy.

Overall, very nice, but a couple of har har funny kind of things...

Like the person who is apparently refueling the valk by hand out of a 55 gallon drum...The forkift.... :lol:

Something tells me they would have some more advanced vehicles in a hangar on board the Macross.

Funniest of all is the guy who is apparently hand loading the GU-11 with what appear to be 155 MM howitzer rounds. :lol:

Edited by Mechamaniac

Meh, it's ok - but the two things that bother me are more logistics based - based on how the crane arm is grabbing the booster - how the heck is it going to get mounted on the back of the valk? Is the crane arm just going to disappear? Second - and this is more the safety standpoint - you would never have someone standing ON the crane arm, while it is lifting something that heavy.

Never would have happened.

I'm still in the planing phase, so nothing is certain as of yet. I'm still pondering on how to achieve the idea, I don't know what materials I should use, so any help would be greatly

apreciated.

Behold! Master FF shall enlighten you.

PG Zaku II dio

FF is da man! really. :lol:

btw, that dio you linked is pretty interesting, I like the backdrop but there are just too many flaws in the piece.

Second, and this is also very important, the ordinance is NEVER, and I reiterate,

NEVER stored in the same hangar as the plane, and that goes for the fuel, they're

kept in isolated places of the base, far from planes, as these materials are highly

flammable. They are kept in special warehouses with early fire warning systems and fire extinguishing systems.

we had rows of unguided bombs stacked in the hanger with the planes. basicly took up good 1/4 of the floor space. with ordinace its doesn't really matter where you put it since its always dangerous. put it in a big heavy walled bunker, all the ammo inside it turns it into a giant grenade and hope a chunk of 3 tons broken concrete and rebar doesn't land on the spot your standing on.

coarse it realy unsafe to put it next to base housing, officers lounge, exchange, ect....

The back drop is nicely done, but the setup makes me laugh. Alot. you would never EVER work on the Valk in Battroid mode. Ever! And as we saw in DYRL, alot more of that wrk was automated.... and love the ordinance piled up in the back haphazardly. Nice effort, but it kind of misses the mark. :lol:

Man are you guys picky ;) but I can see what you mean, with ordnance piled, and that weird crane...I like that little forklift though, very cute. Personally, I've always been a fan of the gerwalk mode, and that would make more sense then the battroid mode that it's in...then again, the fighter mode would work even better! :lol:

But cool idea, at least kudos for trying. And a great way to display yer' valks.

As funny as everyone says it is, I say " Nice Job".

Take the FP off, set Valkyrie to Fighter mode and I can picture it in a hangar on Macross Island right before Space War 1 occurred and right after Macross Zero.

I need to get off my ass or call in sick for a week to work on my dio. :D

The back drop is nicely done, but the setup makes me laugh.  Alot.  you would never EVER work on the Valk in Battroid mode.  Ever!  And as we saw in DYRL, alot more of that wrk was automated.... and  love the ordinance piled up in the back haphazardly.  Nice effort, but it kind of misses the mark. :lol:

Actually, I can totally see them working on the Valk in Battroid mode. I would imagine in the thick of a fight, they would have to be set up to work on a Valk in each and every mode. It is probably alot easier to get a Valk into the hangar if it just pops in to GERWALK and VSTOLS down or lands in Battroid.

So, I think the premise of servicing the Valk in Battroid mode is sound.

I want to know how the pilot is going to get into the Valk.

Didn't see the first episode of the series there did ya? :rolleyes:

While it is a good effort, a lot of the scene is not logical, especially to anyone who has any experience in military stores..

First, missiles are never stored that way.. I can believe for the smaller missiles (because they are in squarish containers) but for the RMS, missiles accidentally rolling around is a major concern, so nobody but the nuttiest techs are ever going to store it that way.. it *is* a reflex warhead, my friend! :)

Second, no tech is EVER going to mount FPs without putting the covers on. It's easier to put the covers on while it's on the ground, and *then* hoist the whole thing into place. The only time I can think of to remove the FP cover is to reload the missiles -- if you are going to tinker with the engine seriously, you'll unload the whole FP to work on it in the shop.

The 55mm vs. 155mm rounds is a bit too obvious to mention.. and truth be told, the "refuelling" is a bit of a joke -- no pump, how is he going to get all the fluids up so high? :)

Still, it is a good effort and, if you overlook these items, it hangs quite well together. As this is on land (apparently), I would prefer to see the GBP instead, but that's a bit hard at the moment.

we had rows of unguided bombs stacked in the hanger with the planes. basicly took up good 1/4 of the floor space. with ordinace its doesn't really matter where you put it since its always dangerous. put it in a big heavy walled bunker, all the ammo inside it turns it into a giant grenade and hope a chunk of 3 tons broken concrete and rebar doesn't land on the spot your standing on.

coarse it realy unsafe to put it next to base housing, officers lounge, exchange, ect....

I guess it all depends on the military's practice then. My dad was reserve tank officer before they transfered him to sniper school, and during the training their fuel depo was on the other isolated side of the base, far from anything important.

First, missiles are never stored that way.. I can believe for the smaller missiles (because they are in squarish containers) but for the RMS, missiles accidentally rolling around is a major concern, so nobody but the nuttiest techs are ever going to store it that way.. it *is* a reflex warhead, my friend! :)

I totally agree with you on this.

Second, no tech is EVER going to mount FPs without putting the covers on. It's easier to put the covers on while it's on the ground, and *then* hoist the whole thing into place. The only time I can think of to remove the FP cover is to reload the missiles -- if you are going to tinker with the engine seriously, you'll unload the whole FP to work on it in the shop.

And I also agree with this

The 55mm vs. 155mm rounds is a bit too obvious to mention.. and truth be told, the "refuelling" is a bit of a joke -- no pump, how is he going to get all the fluids up so high? :)

Hehe, this still makes me smile. As for 105 shells, maybe IF we imagine its a GU-12 not GU-11, everything will be OK.

Didn't see the first episode of the series there did ya? :rolleyes:

What I meant was that you would think there would be a gantry or something to make access much easier, like the way you see Imperial pilots enter their TIEs in the StarWars Universe, or the way that the pilots enter their Mechs in Battletech.

meh... this one from the 2002 Tokyo toyfair is still the best one I've seen...

05112002_051.jpg

more pics here.

Maybe the guy with the drum is taking out the waste/used fluids from the valk?

Hey pilots gotta pee too! :D

I would think they would keep the same method as in use today, but hey things change.

ewww hate for that guy to do that after a meltran battle ;)

The diorama is ok. Wouldn't it be easier to use the rotary drum to load the gunpod?

I assume he did something wrong and his commanding officer is giving something like that as a punishment like in bt you clean the barracks with a toothbrush. second guess is one of those hazings, atleast you get a certificate when you finish one of them.