Identify the valks

Godzilla

I have VF-X-2 and at the VF select screen there is only

VF-1X, VF-11B, VA-3M, VF-17D, VF-1X Super, VF-19A, VF-22, VF-11B Armoured, VF-1X Armoured and VB-6.

There is no VF-22S, VF-4 or VF-3000. VF-5000B was to have replaced one of them in the US release.

Odd! :D

The VF-22S was the variant used by Max and Milia in Macross 7. The VF-22 (no letter suffix) was featured in the VF-X2 game.

The Macross Compendium has the following to say: -

VARIANTS:

VF-22: Advance production version with no additional series letter designation

VF-22S: Production version adopted by United Nations as special operations fighter. First manufactured by Macross 7 fleet factory ship Three Star under experimental license for two fighters.

Graham

The VF-22S was the variant used by Max and Milia in Macross 7. The VF-22 (no letter suffix) was featured in the VF-X2 game.

VARIANTS:

VF-22S: Production version adopted by United Nations as special operations fighter. First manufactured by Macross 7 fleet factory ship Three Star under experimental license for two fighters.

Graham

Didn't know that. Mahq.net list it as a vf-22s. sure they look the same, what are the differences?

:huh:

VARIANTS:

Graham

Didn't know that. Mahq.net list it as a vf-22s. sure they look the same, what are the differences?

:huh:

Since Gamlin is Diamond Force commander he would have an S as well. Same head design and everything as M&M, just his is Black. It looks damn good in black.

The other two diamond force guys would probably have std. VF-22 valks like in VF-X2, but with Gamlin's paint scheme.

I have that wallscroll btw, and love it.

Edited by Anubis

Here, this should help you out a bit.

You are missing the VF-17, VF-11, VF-5000, and the VA-3.

There is no VF-1 in the pic, and only 1 VF-19. ;)

Is it just perspective or is the VA-3 Invader smaller than the vf-17 ? I thought it would at least be around the same size as the konig.

Thanks yellowlightman i needed that.

@wolfx

Whatever information the conpendium has says the

VA-3C is 18.73m long while VA-3M is 15.89m

Wingspan for VA-3M is 16.2m

Compare with the VF-17D/S which is 15.63m long and has a wingspan of 14.18m.

so even the downsized VA-3M is bigger than the VF-17.

VB-6 is 29.78 m in length with a span of 24.42 m

So, that begs one to ask the question....How many different versions of the VF-22 are there? If there is a "C" version, what makes it different from the "S" version?

My head hurts now.

twich

So, that begs one to ask the question....How many different versions of the VF-22 are there?  If there is a "C" version, what makes it different from the "S" version?

C for Custom :lol:

I dont remember exactly but the vf-22 from VFX-2 use beam gunpod, as I remembered it, Gamlin VF-22 also used a beam gunpod.... :unsure:

M&M VF-22s use normal gunpod.

----confused--- :blink:

(Smacking my head against the wall now....).

I remember the VF-17D in VF-X2 used a recharging beam gunpod instead of a standard gunpod as well as having a big beam bazooka type weapon, but I forget if the VF-22 in the game had a standard shell firing or beam firing gunpod.

However, in the Dynamite 7 OVA, Gamlin's VF-22C was animated as having a beam gunpod IIRC and the forearm guns fired cannon rounds, instead of being beam weapons like they are on the YF-21. Not sure if this was an animation error though or official.

Graham