Macross Zero Mook

Renato

Seiichi posted this a couple of days ago, I didn't want this piece of news to go unnoticed.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=12887

Seems the Macross Zero mook is in the can. Great news. :angry:

I hope it send my regards to the Yamato 1/60 Monster, VF-0 and FAST packed YF-19 while it's in there. <_<

Or maybe it will take them four years or so to bring it out, like the Miyatake book.

*Sigh*...

Umm forgive my ignorance, but what is a mook? Do you mean Book? Or is it a special designation for an animation book about the series?

I am not trying to be a wiseass, really.

Twich

Umm forgive my ignorance, but what is a mook?  Do you mean Book?  Or is it a special designation for an animation book about the series?

I am not trying to be a wiseass, really.

Twich

"Mook" is short for "magazine book", due to the size of the pages and color images. The term is used mostly for anime books, sometimes in the title of the books themselves (e.g. http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4...5416303-3437965)

Thnak you, Renato !

At first this Zero's book was planned as a series of this is animation special, but as I told in the book section, it did not come true........

BUt we can see Zero's topic in animation magazine and model magazine and Great Mechanics.

Great Mechanics is a book for freaks of Robot and mechanics.

Sometimes they have a special topic of Macross.

I reccomend this book.

Seiichi

I have some of the Great Mechanics books and they are good, but too small and the main focus is Gundam.

I really want an A4 size (or larger) 'This is Animation' style Macross Zero book to be able to fully appreciate Kawamori's line art. Oh well, perhaps a Macross Zero book will be released a few years later.

And nice to see you posting again Seichi. I thought you had disappeared :lol: .

Graham

Umm forgive my ignorance, but what is a mook? ...

Twich

Dude thats a line out of Meanstreats. :lol:

mook  n. Slang

An insignificant or contemptible person

So like a Macross 7 fan... Thats a mook.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=mook

that does blow... macross is kind of the star trek of the anime world... could have been so much bigger/better if it was handled better.

not really. macross is more like the battle star galactica of anime. But your comparison is wrong. anime is not a genre.

i don´t think macross is kind of the star trek/battle star galactica of the anime world, i don´t like star trek and battle star galactica. macross is just macross for me.

you know the meaning of the word comparison , do you ?

Yeah Macross , contrary to what the majority of fans think , ain´t popular in Japan , it´s an outdated and forgoten jewel sunken in the sea of Gundam merchandise.

At its most , it only has appeal to vintage anime fans , Macross doesn´t even have a young fan base in Japan so you can only see litlle and high priced merchandise from time to time , in contrast to Gundam which just pukes loads and loads of merchandise per minute.

So the coparison is rather right.

every time i hear macross is not that popular in japan i feel sad and fear that the franchise could be forgotten. i really wish bandai could give macross a second chance by financing a new TV series like in the old days. besides, how comes gundam got to be more popular in japan, if it's because of the mecha designs then i don`t belive it since macross designs are a thousand times more appealing.

and macross is not the only under rated franchise i know...

how comes gundam got to be more popular in japan, if it's because of the mecha designs then i don`t belive it since macross designs are a thousand times more appealing.

The problem is that as a transforming toy Valkyries are hard to make and thus expensive and often they simply won't look as good as the anime. Gundam mecha design helped in that sense.

FV

every time i hear macross is not that popular in japan i feel sad and fear that the franchise could be forgotten. i really wish bandai could give macross a second chance by financing a new TV series like in the old days. besides, how comes gundam got to be more popular in japan, if it's because of the mecha designs then i don`t belive it since macross designs are a thousand times more appealing.

and macross is not the only under rated franchise i know...

I tend to agree.

And Patlabor had non-transforming robot but it too didn't get much attention from Bandai.

Even the cool kick-ass enemy mecha of Gundam didn't get the same amount of treatment as the overdone hero mecha.