whatcha think about a new VF head?

do not disturb

so how about it?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. so how about it?

• yes, a newly designed MW 1/48 VF head would be awesome?
    • no, you suck and your idea sucks too?

hey fugly,

you mean this one?

post-4-1106534065.jpg

dude, this one's my work :lol: notice the head? B))

AlphaHX was kind enough to re-post the image, thanks, dude !!!!

although... i like AlphaHX 's better :lol:

post-4-1106409779.jpg

I just relized the head could be used as the S version of the sw-xa1.

Man, that is some hot stuff! The robot mode is great, the head is great...nice nice nice! I was wondering tho, do you have a Gerwalk mode?

My only critique about it (no offense!) would be that the back (top of the fighter) is a bit plain/flat. Maybe add some vents or curves or something? Then again, I couldn't draw anything better (only worse! :lol: )

Not to stray too far from topic, but does it just have to be for the 1/48s? What about a 1/55 version?

i guess a 1/55 head would be cool and a lot easier too since it'll be big and ugly. :p

i just said 1/48 cause i was hoping if we came to an agreement of some sort we could possibly get one of these heads made and then sell them here to MW'ers that want them.

this is all a bunch of marlarky at this point since i have no idea if who i have in mind(Rohby :D ) would be willing to take on the project?

i would like to find out what material i would have to sculpt the head with in order for it to be "castable" but no one has answered that question yet. <_<

slightly off topic but,

we got some good artists on the site don't we? i didn't think folks would go all out with their drawings/sketches, if i forgot to say it before, awesome work dudes. B))

rick randy,

anything goes, as long as theres a possibility of making it. it could take on the characteristics of another existing mecha head but something new and fresh would be equally cool. in the end, i'm hoping for a newly designed head that we MW'ers can slap on our 1/48s, you know, something unique just for us. :)

added:

so far, i like Zentrandude head design because of its simplicity and it would be easier to make. don't get me wrong fella's, the other heads that people posted RAWK but some of them would be too difficult to make.

added some more:

so far we got atleast 57 people that like the idea of having an officical MW VF head. most molds last for about 50 casts which means it could be profitable enough for someone to do. 50 pcs x $15(give or take, i don't know jack about the costs of casting) might make it worth while for one of our casters to get involved. :)

Edited by haterist

slightly off topic but,

we got some good artists on the site don't we? i didn't think folks would go all out with their drawings/sketches, if i forgot to say it before, awesome work dudes. B))

I agree. Geez. Mad skills. Nice drawings guys. Keep em coming. :D

Hey UN, no prob. I'm sorry if I'm hi-jacking this thread though, seems like I have a talent for that... :rolleyes:

Anyhoo...for sculpting, you could use simple clay for a rough mock-up, and then make it in styrene (plastic board)? Of course, that'd be some hardass work, BUT! Us people at MW would friggin love our own 1/48 head. I would love to draw one, but my artistic "ability" is equal to about a five year olds...heh. And if we ever decide on a head, I'd like to take a shot at it (in plastic) but sadly, I don't have a 1/48....I don't have any valks... :(

ANYWAY! Babble babble babble...let's make sure we keep the heads comin ya?

I still say if one of the talented sculptors here wanted to do the "R" heads posted on the front page of this thread I would gladly buy at least one of each version in 1/48 scale. They would be too good to pass up for unique custom projects. THey may not be an "Original" macrossworld design, but they sure would make for some special valks.

did this in a couple minutes...was bored and remembered about this thread...now that i look on it...looks a lot like a standard S head :p

That looks a lot like a VF-2SS head to me. :huh:

Nice head btw... and nice drawing. Good stuff. ;)

awww...my picture ended up being the last post of the previous page...this blows <_<

Haha, yeah, I hate it when that happens too. :p

Those alphaX head looks like a mix of the vf-1s head and the vf-19 kai head, not to be negative about your work but I think it wil looks like ass in fighter/gerwalk mode. :D

vf-19kai-battroid.jpg

VFs with faces = Ultimate lameness.

Those alphaX head looks like a mix of the vf-1s head and the vf-19 kai head, not to be negative about your work but I think it wil looks like ass in fighter/gerwalk mode.  :D

vf-19kai-battroid.jpg

VFs with faces = Ultimate lameness.

right on bro. right on. :D

Are you two just bored and need to find another thread to trash since the other one was closed?

Seriously, as amusing as I find you two are, you two need to stop hi-jacking other threads. :angry:

Go start a trash mac7 thread and hope that you can convince a mod to sticky it.

Edited by AlphaHX

Are you two just bored and need to find another thread to trash since the other one was closed?

Seriously, as amusing as I find you two are, you two need to stop hi-jacking other threads. :angry:

Go start a trash mac7 thread and hope that you can convince a mod to sticky it.

We are discussing VF heads... Thats the point of the thread. Relax I won't mention all the other reasons M7 blows a dead poodle.

alright folks nothing to see here. :D

chill out homies, i know A1 kind of harsh and takes some getting use to, but hes a nice guy if you don't take his posts too seriously. 95% of the time, hes just joking yet people always get riled up by him. :unsure: just a weird sense of humor i guess.

alright folks nothing to see here. :D

chill out homies, i know A1 kind of harsh and takes some getting use to, but hes a nice guy if you don't take his posts too seriously. 95% of the time, hes just joking yet people always get riled up by him. :unsure: just a weird sense of humor i guess.

Yep... I'm a ham.

longer range and its a backup weapon in case its all the ammo is exasted. Also for a recon type head the missiles can replaced with something from like battletech's narc beacon missile or a remote operated camera missile. Besides head lasers are overused in macross and something differn't should be used.