whatcha think about a new VF head?

do not disturb

so how about it?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. so how about it?

• yes, a newly designed MW 1/48 VF head would be awesome?
    • no, you suck and your idea sucks too?

if Kid-k was back here he could show you guys what he had been working on,  I'm pretty sure it included a new head design.

For new heads,  why not some of the ones from the model magazines Graham used to put up?  The platypus, for one,  was a complete redesign

Good idea, but anything other than a platypus head. While I thought that the platypus was a cool concept, I would never disgrace a 1/48 with a head that is that fugly.

We need a new original head! One that looks cool and most of all, EVIL!

Edited by kensei

Not to be creative stick in the mud :( but it will be difficult to finnagle the right shape of the head to fit fighter mode, for one the shape and size of the pointy trough under the cockpit where the head fits into, back of the head to fit in front of the swing bar, able to rotate through the trapdoor while transforming. Wow details are going to be tricky! ;) I'm sure there's enough talent in amongst the MW comunity to come up with something.......mmm, maybe, that's it! Hey fulcy you busy? :p

okay party people, lets start submitting designs now. :)

if you got something totally original, i'd/we'd love to see it.

Heres just a random sketch that I did for fun. Its nothing original or special but imo I think it looks cool and at least its something different. I kept it relatively simple since all of the sdf macross heads were pretty clean looking and had nothing too super techy or detailed on them.

oh well, here goes nothing... let the bashing begin. -_-

Primary Sketch: Finished version on next page.

Edited by AlphaHX

I can see that you are a fan of the VF-19S. :) Love that design as well.

There should be a limit on how many lasers you can put on a head though.

Actually, I wasnt using the VF-19S as a reference but I guess it looks taht way since the VF-19S has the most lasers on its head compared to any VF out there.

I just wanted a lot more lasers cuz after seeing it put into use in Zero, I thought head lasers were just awesome. :D

The design actually has a mixture of lots of heads. Imo, it reminds me of any design with a visor. YF-19, VF-19, VF-17, VF-1S, etc...

I wanted to design a head with a visor but the problem is that its difficult making it look original since kawamori covered most of the areas of what a visor head could have. :p

I'm not the biggest fan of the VF-1A/VF-11 one eye head but like it enough that I might tried to design one of my own later...

Edited by AlphaHX

the problem with head lasers is they tend to be fragile....that and i'd imagine its actually a pain in the butt to cast. 

a VF head doesn't necessarily have to have head lasers at all.  but i still like you're idea. :)

Yeah, I thought about that too. But I wanted to keep true to the VF-1 line since all of them had lasers. :)

I'll sketch some more later but I'm not exactly filled with ideas. I gotta say that Kawamori's Macross Design Works covered almost every aspect of what a VF head could look like imo...

Oh yeah, if you guys want to suggest some ideas I can try to sketch some out to see how it comes out. I'm just actually doing this for kicks. I dont even have a 1/48 Valk yet. *Gasp*, I know... taht should be illegal for all Macross fans but I just dont have the funds now. I'll get one... eventually. :p

Edited by AlphaHX

Those alphaX head looks like a mix of the vf-1s head and the vf-19 kai head, not to be negative about your work but I think it wil looks like ass in fighter/gerwalk mode. :D

Heh... the "fin" looking thing is actually a large laser gun. I just didnt draw in the details. Hmm... maybe I should draw it from a different angle. Anyways... I was thinking of making the top canon laser moveable like the YF-19 so I dont think it'll look TOO bad. Just lots of pointy things at the bottom of the plane. <_<:p

Those alphaX head looks like a mix of the vf-1s head and the vf-19 kai head, not to be negative about your work but I think it wil looks like ass in fighter/gerwalk mode.  :D

Heh... the "fin" looking thing is actually a large laser gun. I just didnt draw in the details. Hmm... maybe I should draw it from a different angle. Anyways... I was thinking of making the top canon laser moveable like the YF-19 so I dont think it'll look TOO bad. Just lots of pointy things at the bottom of the plane. <_<:p

Keep it up with new heads anyway ;)

I was thinking, if you want inspiration, you should watch in the macross zero direction, kawamori did very cool looking heads and the vf-0 has the same head position of the vf-1.

However if you want to create a Macross 7 fire bomber Vf-1 custom head.... just don't do it :p

Those alphaX head looks like a mix of the vf-1s head and the vf-19 kai head, not to be negative about your work but I think it wil looks like ass in fighter/gerwalk mode.  :D

Keep it up with new heads anyway ;)

I was thinking, if you want inspiration, you should watch in the macross zero direction, kawamori did very cool looking heads and the vf-0 has the same head position of the vf-1.

However if you want to create a Macross 7 fire bomber Vf-1 custom head.... just don't do it :p

Hahah... thanx.

I wasnt trying to go towards the firebomber direction... I see what you mean tho. Hahah... ugh... :p

Back to drawing board. I'll check out the Zero heads. I remember them to be pretty damn cool. Thanx for teh suggestion. :)

as a fan of the PC Engine Macross 2036 game i would like to see the R series as well, they are very nice do you think some one here could make the custom fast pack peices (the ones in the game could move in the middle up and down and i think the fronts were different) and gunpod ( i think the ginpod was alittle different) this would not really be a big conversion kit so it should be fairly easy for someone to pull off. i would love to have 1/48s of these great desgins

chris

what about... THIS !!!!

Mecha_1_by_ARMAMENTFACTORY.jpg

err... BIG pic :ph34r:

all it says is user posted image :huh: alittle anti-climatic there UN_MARINE :p