The MW Automotive Thread

areaseven

Maybe I am just a cheapskate but if I had an exotic like that, I would not push it too the limits, I mean I may take a leisurely drive at 120 on a track or something but nothing risky. I only drive my M3 as fast as I feel comfortable, which is just a little slower than 120, and thats on a track.

A1 you can fit in the M3? :blink: wow. I need something like my camaro or similar size to even feel comfortable in a car. im 6ft1.

Its a tight fit, but yeah I get in there.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these little baddies. These cars came with hemi straight-6's, and were supposedly so quick they could outrun most V8's in their day. Looks like a "super deformed" '66 Charger...

I'll take that thing waaaaaaaaay before I take the Aussie Falcon, If only Mopar would've built that car's mechanicals into an option for the Dart, Duster, or Demon....

While this may seem like a novel/good idea on paper, I can't help but think "these guys are fuggin' idiots!" A domed motorsports complex?! :huh: Surely they can't mean fully enclosed? Not over the track area itself? I shudder at the thought of the rash of cases of sudden hearing loss or tone deafness occurring among fans and employees alike...not to mention the as yet unheard of risks from vibrational and sound stresses on the structures themselves. Have these twits actually sampled/experienced the kinds of noises that are generated at a motor race?

http://www.lmsr.net/dometrack.html

its all about testing the limits

Of what your wallet.

naw, if ya cant afford maint on it then you really shouldnt have it. if your on a sanctioned SCCA track and spin out in an area that you know your safe in, most people end up with maybe a few stone chips, but most of the time its a bit dusty. of course you dont want to test the limits of your car on a country road with woods on both sides. it is costly driving hard on a car, i know i put a new set of mxx3's on my car every year and rebuilt the seal on the axle a few times. that was my driver. if I had (could afford) a Ferrari i wouldnt expect anyless from that car then my vette. my cousin has a 512 and he DRIVES it, but he works on it himself, put in 2 clutch assy's allready. IMHO why own it if you dont use it for what its intended for, get a Fiero and put a ferrarri body on it.

, and most people cant handle the cars, round here when the 1st vipers came out all the engineers got to bring them home i cant count the accidents that that caused

While this may seem like a novel/good idea on paper, I can't help but think "these guys are fuggin' idiots!"  A domed motorsports complex?!  :huh: Surely they can't mean fully enclosed?  Not over the track area itself?  I shudder at the thought of the rash of cases of sudden hearing loss or tone deafness occurring among fans and employees alike...not to mention the as yet unheard of risks from vibrational and sound stresses on the structures themselves.  Have these twits actually sampled/experienced the kinds of noises that are generated at a motor race? 

http://www.lmsr.net/dometrack.html

Not to mention other issues like exhaust fumes, just seems dumb. On the other hand, a lot of monster truck events are held in closed stadiums, so...

He hopes to attract NASCAR, Busch, Indy and Champ Car events to the New England Raceway track...

And it'll probably be an oval track too, which is just what we need in the land of internationally-ridiculed motorsports. :rolleyes:

Edited by yellowlightman

The new M3 as per the design of the E90 3 series:

Is that a 4 door Porsche on that mag cover? WTF?! :huh:

Yep looks like they are going to do a 4 door, no idea who will want that. I only posted it to see what everyone thought of the new M3.

wouldnt this be Porshe's first 4 door?

also I second the "WTF!!" answer

No, Cayane... or however you spell it.

No, Cayane... or however you spell it.

maybe its an aussie thing, they like thier racecars with 4 doors,,,,easier to get the kids in and out :rolleyes:

havent drove a new style porshe, but i REALLY like the M3, surprising amount of power for a factory car, nothing compared to the older style one. If they continue with handling and power, this one will be a seller too

While its not the best picture in the world, the only beef I have with the new M3 would be those rims. Does BMW really need the added bling of 20" wheels? :rolleyes:

I think it will have 18s

While its not the best picture in the world, the only beef I have with the new M3 would be those rims. Does BMW really need the added bling of 20" wheels?  :rolleyes:

I think it will have 18s

thank god...

While its not the best picture in the world, the only beef I have with the new M3 would be those rims. Does BMW really need the added bling of 20" wheels?  :rolleyes:

I think it will have 18s

thank god...

ha, no spinners on your M3 Agent?

I think it will have 18s

thank god...

Since I wear clothes that fit me, don't have a gold tooth, and don't have a prison record.. No.

I wish someone would obliterate all spinners from the face of the planet!

Glad you mentioned that. On a recent issue of Motor Trend magazine, their "Jumping the Shark"* featured spinners and how quickly they've gone out of style. Sooner or later, spinner companies will go out of business, only to re-emerge 20 years later...

(*The title comes from a cliffhanger season finale of Happy Days, when Fonzie rides his bike in an attempt to jump over a shark pool.)

I think it will have 18s

thank god...

Since I wear clothes that fit me, don't have a gold tooth, and don't have a prison record.. No.

If I can find em cheap enough, im puttin a set of those poor man spinner hub caps on the wifes car :p

yeah, spinners suck, if you can fit 20" performance wheels on a car that can handle some lateral g's, thats OK, but on a suburban or hummer,,,,,,eew defeats the purpose of having a 4x4

I found this hilarious thread on another forum:

Some ass gets himself in some serious trouble by mouthing off and then getting owned:

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~fsiddiqi/mrdoub...=0&fpart=1&vc=1

It gets really good by page 2

just page 2? I read the whole thing!! It's Hilarous!!!

I can't beleive they found all of that information! Ha ha, reminds me of some of the scumbags that come here and troll about Row-boat tech.