The MW Automotive Thread

areaseven

Minis look cool, but I've read that they're pretty unreliable. For the same price, you're better off with a 2005 Mustang.

Very different cars, the Mini no doubt handles a lot better and has more of a trendy yuppie appeal to it. Although the Mustang, with it's retro styling probably has it's own trendy yuppie appeal, but still. I'm actually having a time thinking of comparable cars to the Mini, the CivicSi maybe? But that thing looks like a two-door Honda Odyssey.

But given the two, I'd definately take the Mustang, and I'm not just saying that in an attempt to get BSU's head to explode.

Took a drive through the hills to Napa yesterday and saw a handful of the new Mustang 'verts, and I was impressed. I wouldn't touch a convertible anything, but for what they are they look pretty good. In some ways, the vert does a better job of invoking the original design than the fastback. Kind of like the new Beetle in that respect.

EDIT: A7, calling the Mini unreliable and then recommending a Ford!? :blink:

Edited by yellowlightman

it is scary driving overherein the UK with my camaro. I go by old first gen minis expecting the pressure wave from my car to shift it off the road. They are sooooo tiny but man are they quick.

Still my favorite car 2 years from now i WILL have one when i get back to the states. I cant wait :D It will look good next to my black 79 Maro.

isnt that just a falcon 2 door with a custom fascia

Still my favorite car 2 years from now i WILL have one when i get back to the states. I cant wait :D  It will look good next to my black 79 Maro.

isnt that just a falcon 2 door with a custom fascia

Not "just" a Falcon, but an Aussie XB Falcon. Not like those are growing on trees around here or anything. And its not "just" a fascia, but the two spoilers, fender flares and...oh, I don't know...the giant 6/71 Weiand blower sticking through the hood...er, "bonnet."

Still my favorite car 2 years from now i WILL have one when i get back to the states. I cant wait :D It will look good next to my black 79 Maro.

What are your plans so far? You gonna go with a prop blower, like the movie car? or will you go full-boogie and build 'er with a functional blower? There are a couple of small shops in the states who've managed to build up real injection systems for the 351C, complete with replica Scott blower hats. A bit on the pricey side, but would make for a wicked authentic looking replica.

Scion, schmi-on--that econo-box turd they sell ain't no XB....

now THIS is a REAL XB...

post-26-1114824124_thumb.jpg

You'll definitely want to invest in some heavy duty u-joints--that's a potential weak point. There's a police officer in NY state who has a BoB with real blower set-up, and he's already found out the hard way; twisted up a couple of u-joints already. Just like the guy in the garage said, he's got "600 horsepowuh thru the wheels--with the blowah." :D

looks like a torino and a mach 1 had a child...

I like to think of it as a blending of all the best design cues of Ford's best selling muscle in that era, and melding them into a unique, aggressive looking car. Oh yeah, the blind spots are a sonofabitch, I'll concede that. But as Franco Bertollini said: "What's-a-behind me, does not-a-matter."

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these little baddies. These cars came with hemi straight-6's, and were supposedly so quick they could outrun most V8's in their day. Looks like a "super deformed" '66 Charger...

I had one of those in australia, i'll have to scan the pics. it had a hemi 6 that was rebuilt. i ended up blowing it up and as far as power,,,, a 305 could whup it. it was a 3 speed on the floor

Is it just me, or is this whole scissor-door thing being way overdone on custom cars at show? I guess folks are running out of "look at me" ideas for their rides when blingin' em out for the show circuit...

post-26-1114904712_thumb.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

2 things i dont like in that post. The use of the overly used word "bling" and the use of the overly used scissor doors. :p:D . just kidding on the bling. If i wanted scissor doors id buy a Lambo or a kit of a Lambo. i wouldnt put them on a car that isnt structurally designed to have them.

Edited by HWR MKII

It's a Tamiya this time.

Next in queue is an Integra. Either the Fujimi 1/24 or Revell 1/25, I haven't decided yet, but it will be an Integra.

That is, if an Enzo doesn't jump the queue.

Cool kit. Actually looks like a diecast.

As for the Integra, get the Fujimi. Revell kits, for the most part, are crap. But then again, you already knew that.

If you're gonna do an Enzo kit, get the Tamiya one. Revell, once again, is out of the question.

Hey this mite be OT here but I think it be the best place to ask first, may I post a pic of my customized licence plate on this thread? It is Macross related too! I wont tell you whatt it is till you see it. Heck, you all might not care.... :(

Dont know where else I could share this pic on this forum. Makes some sense in this thread.

As for the Integra, get the Fujimi. Revell kits, for the most part, are crap. But then again, you already knew that.

If you're gonna do an Enzo kit, get the Tamiya one. Revell, once again, is out of the question.

I have both Fujimi and Revell Integra. I actually think the Revell kit is better, since Fujimi details are really over simplified, not to mention ride height is way off. They mold a nice set of rubber tires though, and the fit is quite decent. The Revell kit comes with turned metal tailpipe and is actually quite nice, relatively speaking. Revell quality really depends on kit.

As for the Enzo, I have one Revell and three Tamiya, and needless to say, the Tamiya kit is breath taking. The Revell isn't great, but it ain't absolute crap like the Revell 360 kit is either.

I have many kits. It's a matter of construction, and every kit is a learning platform. I want to build an Enzo like the one at www.ItalianHorses.net.

looks like a torino and a mach 1 had a child...

I like to think of it as a blending of all the best design cues of Ford's best selling muscle in that era, and melding them into a unique, aggressive looking car. Oh yeah, the blind spots are a sonofabitch, I'll concede that. But as Franco Bertollini said: "What's-a-behind me, does not-a-matter."

I'd agree...I like it.

Yeah, it's a sad sight to see an exotic end up like that, but I've seen far worse over at Wrecked Exotics (the Ogrish.com of cars). The site even has at least four Enzos and a Koenigsegg CCR totaled.

Honestly, I don't feel that bad. If you have the cash for a car like that, you can afford some driving classes and a cheaper car to practice with. Wrecking a mega expensive car (on the track) is the fault of a dumb owner, because they put the car in that position in the first place.

Yeah, it's a sad sight to see an exotic end up like that, but I've seen far worse over at Wrecked Exotics (the Ogrish.com of cars). The site even has at least four Enzos and a Koenigsegg CCR totaled.

Honestly, I don't feel that bad. If you have the cash for a car like that, you can afford some driving classes and a cheaper car to practice with. Wrecking a mega expensive car (on the track) is the fault of a dumb owner, because they put the car in that position in the first place.

its all about testing the limits ;)