Bubblegum Crisis Wallpaper

This is something I have been toying around with for a week or so now. Look at the image. This is what my wallpaper looks like now, but I would like to add some lettering to it. Any thoughts or advice? I like the style of the lettering done for the new DVD's, but I have been unable to find the title logo just by itself without all the annoying background clutter. I'd like to add Priss' name in there too, but am not sure where it would look good. Maybe I should leave it as it is? So maybe you Bubblegum Crisis fans out there could help.

priss-wallpaper1a.jpg

Well, there is one CD cover (I have the Son-May version I think), with the words "Priss and the Replicants" done in red paintbrush style. Think that might work?

Also, depending whether you have ICQ or other IM stuff, leaving some room on the right of the wallpaper may be a good idea. I tend to have my wallpaper with room on both left and right so that the main subject won't be cluttered by files or the IM bar.

Hmm sorry to say this, but these two are overused images, so I honestly not very enthusiastic about the whole thing. :unsure:

Two thoughts:

1) How about a song lyric from the show? I don't think its possible to go wrong with "Konya wa Hurricane!" (you'll have to come up with some other way of adding a storming guitar sound, though...!)

2) Or "Story of Knight Sabers 2032" - I believe this appears in at least a couple of the actual episodes, in a somewhat strange curved font...

I've never liked a lot of text in the wallpapers I use. I find it distracting from the image. I never use wallpapers with lyrics and paragraphs on them. Titles are fine though, as long as it's not right in the middle of the wallpaper.

For instance I think that wallpaper is pretty sweet as is with no text. With a big blurb on it, no.

Just my preference.

I would recommend you use a smaller font at least if you do decide to go with text for it though.

Logos are cool though too, again, as long as it doesn't overpower the main image.

Thanks guys. I'll toy around a bit since this is not final. The largest size I have this in so far is 1600 x 1200. If you're interested, I'll post this on my server and provide a link to it later.

Just make sure that if you sign it, don't make the signature too big... I don't get people that splash their name/username on wallpapers, it's not like they drew it. Just give it a little tag. ;)

I've never liked a lot of text in the wallpapers I use. I find it distracting from the image. I never use wallpapers with lyrics and paragraphs on them. Titles are fine though, as long as it's not right in the middle of the wallpaper.

Logos are cool though too, again, as long as it doesn't overpower the main image.

Amen...

If anything at all, I want to see the Series Logo. Text just gets annoying.

Okay, for those of you who want the Priss wallpaper, I have uploaded it to my server. You can download it here:http://www.toponeraegunbuster.com/priss-wallpaper.zip. It's about 1 meg and is 1600 x 1200 resolution. Sorry for the large file size, but I wanted to give you guys a clear picture. Let me know if there are any problems downloading it.

Personally, the only thing I iver liked about Bubblegum Crisis was the mecha designs and a cheap thrill off the fanservice. Regardless, high resolution pictures of anything anime is VERY rare, so thank you very much for the wallpaper. I'm gonna save it right now.

I've just received my Animeigo boxset btw :) Finally, I'll be able to trash my crappy VHS copies after about 10 years of good and lawful services... :p

While I'm at it, may I ask where you found these high-res' pix? :)

While I'm at it, may I ask where you found these high-res' pix? :)

Believe it or not, I found them on AnimEigo's site. The image of Priss I had to clean up quite a bit though, as it is a cel image and the film around the image was very bleak and dark looking. I love Photoshop!

Thanks for the infos: I'll check their site ASAP ;)

Gui - how do you like the remastered BGC? I'd be interested to know what your

thoughts are as I would like to replace my VHS as well.

I just watched the first disc atm but I was very pleased with the result: picture is very clean and presents good colors, only problem is it's sometimes slightly too much bright for me but maybe it's simply my TV settings... :p

Otherwise, the bonus are pretty cool aswell: video-clips are not particularly fundamental but there's some interviews of the staff which are interesting if you're an Artmic fan like me ;)

If all the other discs are of the same quality, the boxset's really worth the replacement IMO :)