Kits I dream of

Ranger565

Well I have not been feeling well and I cant sleep today so I decied to come up with a list of Model kits I would love to see made. This was just somthing to do. We have all been Blessed with some Re-issue of kits and New kits with in the last 5 months so My ejoyment of seeing new Kits is a nice investment to my love of Macross. As many of you may know I have always been a fan of the Origional Macross Series. However I enjoy the daily pictues of all the kits you guys created and build. This website over the past year has inspired me more then you guys can imagine. But just seeing the creations you guys can make is Something that every Macross fan and Modeler dreams of creating. So now that I am sick I got to looking at a few of my resin kits today and was thinking how nice the kits that are comming out have been. This is just a list of a few kits I would love to see in the Future. I know we want so many things. But since I love the Origional TV Macross here is a few kits I dream of.

Of corse I had my hopes up last year the thought of the QF-3000 Ghost Drone Fighter. I would Buy 2 of these kits so fast. I would not have to look at my bank account before making th decision

ghost.jpg

Second with John and Robs Launch rail and booster this would make a great Edition to the Booster. since this was in the back ground of the Launch in which Misa flew up in space Rockwell International SC-27A&B Star Goose

This is the second kit I would buy

stargoose.jpg

Third is an interesting craft seen only once in the First episode of Macross

The EH/Sikorsky 303 Sea Sergeant ASW Helicopter

A kit like this would be a great extra like th spiderbug to anyones collection

seasergeant.jpg

Forth, the EC-33B Tiger's Eye AWACS Plane

ec_33.jpg

Now my idea of something VERY VERY simple and prob would not cost much

is resin missles for all Individual kits.

This is a pic of 2 kits I build about 18 years ago. The missles on the Spartin are Little cut pegs from the OLD Battleship game. I cut them and made a rack for them by opening the shoulder pannels but i was 14 years old and well back then I had to make due with what idea I had hehe.

But my idea would be resin Detailed missles we could use for all kinds of Macross kits. VF-1s, spartins, Tomahawks, armord VF-1s you name it. I think it would be simple cast and could prob sell 20 missles for 20 bucks, easy.

hehe thise kits are old so dont laugh. I did a lot of modifications to them I rouned the head of the Tomahawk and added Exhaust holes to the Face guns opened the Back missle pannel and added my own missles I also filled in the Face top with putty because it was a Canyon of just two walls. I also runded the edges of the face and guns and added some extra styrine to make the face more accurate.

missles.JPG

Well just somthing to do today on a sick day and not feeling so hot, I could not stay in bed so I had to keep myself buisy.

But then again maybe one day One of these ideas could become true.

keep the models comming

Ranger565

Here's what I'd like to see made as mass produced styrene kits...quick, incomplete list:

1/72 VF-11 (any variant except Maxl) by Hasegawa

1/72 VF-4 (any variant) by Hasegawa

1/72 VF-17 (any variant) by Hasegawa

1/72 VF-5000 by Hasegawa

1/72 VF-2SS by Hasegawa

1/72 VF-2JA by Hasegawa

1/72 destroids by Hasegawa

And for a non anime item I'd love to see Bandai do the Akira class Starship in the same scale as their E kit (1:1700).

I won't hold my breath on any of these ever seeing the light of day...I'd surely die of asphyxiation; but it's fun to dream... :)

Here's some that I would love to see kitted but are not likely to ever happen

Kulforn

kulf_fr1.jpg

kulf_sd.jpg

Tegua

tegua2.jpg

Or most any others from the Orguss series that haven't been prouced.

These are great but rather that wishing for brand new kits, what about resin upgrade parts for existing kits?

Some of these appear to be restylized military vehicles and a little cutting here, slap on the resin part, hide the seam lines and whalla, instant kit bash. Using a mass produced kit as the basis would help save cost and probably get projects like this on the way.

If I could make it happen, I would ask Hasagawa to make all of these kits as well.

:D

Some nice ideas!

But what I'd like to see are:

1. Any of Hasegawa's Valks in 1/48 injection molded plastic at about the same price as their F/A-18 and F-14...positionable slats, flaps, alerons and rudders plus details!

and more importantly

2. A resin update set for the VF-1's cockpit, Hasegawa's is bare bare bare! A nice touch would be two different cockpit sets, one for the TV show the other for DYRL...add to this resin sets for opening the gun pod, radar, engines etc!

Cheers

D

:D

Some nice ideas!

But what I'd like to see are:

1. Any of Hasegawa's Valks in 1/48 injection molded plastic at about the same price as their F/A-18 and F-14...positionable slats, flaps, alerons and rudders plus details!

and more importantly

2. A resin update set for the VF-1's cockpit, Hasegawa's is bare bare bare! A nice touch would be two different cockpit sets, one for the TV show the other for DYRL...add to this resin sets for opening the gun pod, radar, engines etc!

Cheers

D

I agree.

I had only thought about kits...not updates. I am a total kit update whore! I love those kinds of things. I would love to see a whole battery of 1/72 scale kit updates. Some ideas.

1) The afor-mentioned VF1 cockpit update kits

2) VF1 fowler flap update kit

3) VF1 spoilers, aileron, and flexed control surfaces kit

4) Yf21 flexed control surfaces kit

5) VF1 and others electronics kit (not sure what to call it, but exposeable maintenance doors and guts details as visible on the Club M Tanmen kits for the 11, 19, 21, and VF1)

6) VF19 mod kit for the YF19

7) VF19 Soundbooster mod kit (actually available...but not to me! :( )

8) YF19 Two seater cockpit update kit

9) VF1 detached nose kit

10) 1/72 Scale Glaug and Pod cockpit guts kits (two build with pilot and cockpit exposed)

11) Enhanced detail FP kits for 1/72 scale FP kits (with internals visible or accessible)

Yes! Jesse, I'm an aftermarket detail junkie too! I think my aftermarket parts for my Hasegawa F-14 cost over twice what the kit lists for! :D

I second any and all those aftermarket parts.

I would buy anything Hasegawa makes in at least duplicates - one to build immediately (or as fast as I get around to them :p ) and one to keep in the box. If I have only one - then it becomes too precious to build. :rolleyes: Wierd eh?

But tops of my list would be:

0. Detailed Launch Arm with ARMD base with stoplights (hey, anything happening on the resin front for this - I remember seeing some work on this a while ago)

1. VF-4

2. Any of the MacrossII Valks

3. VF-11

4. VF-X

All Hasegawa in 1/72 scale of course. :D

Edited by wm cheng

my dream kit is the XF-3A Muskrat

can't believe no one's commented on the Muskrat. I love this thing.

Got a pic? I don't know what this is?

grayson... just phuckin' with ya. no such thing. you guys come up with the most obscure stuff. i'm a macross fan... but y'all got some major time invested with this stuff. :lol:

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

Did you see my reply to the post: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=11807 check about half way down.

I've got the True Details seats with the Verlinden Cockpit update set - and I've got some True Details canopy masks - I'd love to find some aftermarket tail cones, as the included kit ones aren't that great - maybe a photo-etched kit, but I haven't found anything yet. Also, resin one piece/seamless intake section would be nice - but haven't sourced it out yet.