British Engineering foiled

Is this not a thing of beauty? seeing it in person is really jaw dropping.

according to the Pasadena, Rusnak Jaguar Salesman this car is on Consignment. It is 1 of 5 made.

Regular XJ220C are 500 hp. this puts out 700 hp, made by Jaguar. I dont know what else was done but this is usually 250k dollars. The price on the Jaguars are relatively soft. ranging from 250k to 180k. the owner wants 1 million dollars. Good luck with that one. Oh and he has a regular "ho hum . . . yawn" 500 hp version as well.

post-26-1104818327_thumb.jpg

well...keeping with the English theme...

You could save yourself a WHOLE lot of money just by forking out the $8k for one of these babies.

Even better it will out and out "rip the doors right off" even the 700hp Jag in a drag race. It will outstop it too...and it will get better gas mileage from its little 600CC engine then not only the Jag, but most every car made on the planet...not to mention insurence for this is cheaper then the Jag too (even cheaper then it's bigger 955I brother)

And you still have room for the misses, and about the same "trunk" space too :lol: ...

post-26-1104821558_thumb.jpg

Interesting pitch, but in my eyes, the 220 always had about as much grace as a beached whale...Which pretty much explains how big it is too.

For a kool million, I coud get an Enzo and probably have enough change left-over to get an S-7... Both of which would out-handle, out-accelerate and out-brake the british whale, and they look much nicer too :D

I never thought too much of the Jag 220. Too big and heavy.

The all time Greatest will always be the Maclaren F1.

Thats the way a real sports car should be made. Weight saving and refinement of all the 'basic' sport car attributes.

The F1 was made in like 1991. Nearly 15 years on, still no car can touch it IMHO. Stuff like the Bugatti Veyron don't count as _real_cars_. If I put 6 Saturn Rockets and 4 wheels on a Blue Whale and make it go 0-1000 in 2 seconds it still doesnt make it a good sports car.

I never thought too much of the Jag 220. Too big and heavy.

The all time Greatest will always be the Maclaren F1.

Thats the way a real sports car should be made. Weight saving and refinement of all the 'basic' sport car attributes.

The F1 was made in like 1991. Nearly 15 years on, still no car can touch it IMHO. Stuff like the Bugatti Veyron don't count as _real_cars_. If I put 6 Saturn Rockets and 4 wheels on a Blue Whale and make it go 0-1000 in 2 seconds it still doesnt make it a good sports car.

Actually, the McLaren was the ultimate supercar... The Saleen S7 can outrun it; as can the Enzo. Just the result of progress, I suppose.

The one thing that will always remain fantastic about the F1 is that it's a family car... A whole 3 seats! It's an absolute pain in the a$$ to get in & out of the car though; I damn near had to CRAWL back out. The most driver-friendly car is really the Enzo: so easy to get in & out that you almost think it's a cadillac, but the cockpit feels tight as a drum! If you ever have the opportunity, give it a try and you'll see what I mean.

very nice. Even with the long roads where i live there is more trucks and hummers than cars here so if i could afford it I might get ran over by a hummer ;).

You can take those lugs off easly you know, the socket you can get at napa for like 75 bucks. just selling it like you said would be extremely hard.

any clue about that latch behind the wheel well?

I realy like the interior its like a retro 90/80s thing.

edit:

nevermind the latch relized its to take off the Single piece front panel.

oh the headlights are freaky they look like gunpods :lol:

Edited by Zentrandude

That car looks spiffy enough, but I've never been big on Jags, or European cars in general. I'd rather have a Japanese car with a more reliable and fuel efficient engine that, sure, doesn't have the ridiculous number of horses, but doesn't need them either because they're not so ridiculously large.

I don't wanna be rude, but a bloody little Triumph 600cc will

never outrun a 500bHp racecar, a 1000cc Suzuki may stay ahead until 4th/5th gear

and even a "Busa" or ZX12r is gonna have a hard time beating one

... now add another 200 Hp to that car....

True, a bike's Kg/Hp or CC/Hp is much better but we're comparing (at most)

1300cc 4-in-line against a what... 5L V12?????

Don't overestimate Superbikes

My GSX-R 750 destroys most american musclecars, might kill any Japanese

rallycar, but going up against something comparable to a Lamborgini Diablo or

Ferrari Enzo is a lost cause,... even if I had 250cc's more.

(on a side note: at topspeed -356 km/h- a Suzuki hayabusa has 10% wheelspin,

making it 320.4 real km's and as you may know, quite a few supercars exceed that)

/me is waiting for this thread to get locked

never outrun a 500bHp racecar, a 1000cc Suzuki may stay ahead until 4th/5th gear

making it 320.4 real km's and as you may know, quite a few supercars exceed that)

and you really dont want to go that fast on a bike talk about one mean road rash sliding down the road for miles. car is ok longs you dont hit anything or roll it.

Actually, the McLaren was the ultimate supercar... The Saleen S7 can outrun it; as can the Enzo. Just the result of progress, I suppose.

Well, I am not convinced that the Mac was totally beaten. Those cars you mentioned still lose out in either/or 0-60/100 or absolute top speed.

Of course I never drove these 3 cars and I cant say how they handle. So just comparing paper straight line stats.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

*Cough... I said DRAG RACE :rolleyes:

Showroom stock 600cc class sportbikes can run 10 second quarter mile times...showroom stock liter class bikes (R-1s, 1000RRs, "busas", etc) can run in the 9's...showroom stock production cars, as MC Hammer used to sing "can't touch this"...bikes have been, and always will be the best "bang for the buck" buys on the planet....its HP/WEIGHT that accounts for this...

Besides, as long as we are talking about exotic expensive sportscars and top speed...for $250k you can get yourself a McIntyre Y2K, a equaly exotic 250 mph jet turbine powered bike.

post-26-1104869057_thumb.jpg

Edited by MSW

Besides, as long as we are talking about exotic expensive sportscars and top speed...for $250k you can get yourself a McIntyre Y2K, a equaly exotic 250 mph jet turbine powered bike.

Nice, but how does it compare to the Dodge Tomahawk?

tomahawk.jpg

# 500 bhp (372 kW) @ 5600 rpm (60.4 bhp/liter); 525 lb.-ft. (712 Nm) @ 4200 rpm

# 10-cylinder 90-degree V-type, liquid-cooled, 505 cubic inches (8277 cc)

# 356-T6 aluminum alloy block with cast-iron liners, aluminum alloy cylinder heads

# Bore x Stroke: 4.03 inches x 3.96 inches (102.4 x 100.6)

# Two pushrod-actuated overhead valves per cylinder with roller-type hydraulic lifters

# Sequential, multi-port electronic fuel injection with individual runners

# Compression Ratio: 9.6:1

# Max Engine Speed: 6000 rpm

# Fuel Requirement: Unleaded premium, 93 octane (R+M/2)

# Oil System: Dry Sump; takes 8 quarts Mobil1 10W30 Synthetic

# Cooling System: Twin aluminum radiators mounted atop engine intake manifolds, force-fed from front-mounted, belt-driven turbine fan. Takes 11 quarts of antifreeze.

# Exhaust System: Equal-length tubular stainless steel headers with dual collectors and central rear outlets

Nice, but how does it compare to the Dodge Tomahawk?

The Y2K turbine bike is a real but limited production model, not a one off show bike like the Tomahawk. (that is Jay Leno rideing the one he owns in that picture I posted ... to be fair it's 1/4 mile performance isn't exactly eye opening (mid 9's...right where the "busa", R-1, etc are at....those bikes modded out like the "Fast and the Furious" cars can dip into the 6's :blink:)...but the Y2Ks strong suit is above 70mph or so, as the turbine engine really builds it's power...a silver Y2K is featured in that gawd awful movie Torque from last year...the film DVD even includes a little featurette on it...

Problem number one with the Tomahawk...as well as the Boss Hoss (both small and big block V-8 powered bikes...as well as the dozen or so one-offs with 2000+hp aircraft engines) is that they use tourquey car/truck basied engines mounted inline with the direction of travel...pretty much makeing all of that power unuseable, those arn't bikes they are little more then rolling engine displays :rolleyes:

snap open the throttle of even a little V-6 in a mustang, and you are treated to the engine moveing about ... put the same engine in a bike...mounted inline with the direction of travel...and when you rev the engine it tries to lean the bike causeing you to make a right turn...possably a hard, damageing, even painfull right turn! ... and thus you will never be able to harness the full power of V-8, V-10, even V-12 car/truck basied engined motorcycles in a controlled manner when mounted inline...but hey, as long as you don't open her up quickly, so as to avoid that nasty engine torque induced right turning habit...well it's all good, except even then that comparitively dinky little 833 Sportster just beat you :p

Tis' why performance bikes...even with counter balancer equiped engines specificly developed for motorcycles... transversely mount the engine from the direction of travel...

Edited by MSW

Is this not a thing of beauty? seeing it in person is really jaw dropping.

She's a beaut!, but whenever I see a car like that, I just gotta quote.... :rolleyes:

Marcus Burnett: Hey man where-where-where's your cup holder?

Mike Lowrey: I don't have one.

Marcus Burnett: What the f- w'you mean you don't have one? Eighty thousand dollars for this car and you ain't got no damn cup holder?

Mike Lowrey: It's $105,000 and this happens to be one of the fastest production cars on the planet. Zero to sixty in four seconds, sweetie. It's a limited edition.

Marcus Burnett: You damn right it's limited. No cup holder, no back seat. Just a shiny dick with two chairs in it. I guess we the balls just draggin' the F along.

Edited by Mechamaniac