It's official!!!

jag

After coming home from work, what do I find at my door step? One huge a$$ box along with one more smaller one. It turned out to be my orders for the VE-1, VT-1, and my 5 1/48 Fast Packs. I went to my room opened up the smaller box and removed the VE & VT from the box. After admiring them both for a couple minutes, I take a second and take a look at my closet, then it struck me... I ran out of space. Anyone else ran into this lately?

All my boxes are now in a storage unit with my other crap. Need to head there soon again, too. Have to put Roy's VF-1S and Fast Pack boxes away.

I know the pain of no space. I live in a 477 sq. ft condo with my wife and 19 month old son. Makes me feel like a family living in Hong Kong. I keep my valks displayed at my parent's house, so I only get to see them every week or every other week on the weekends when we visit. Really tough. I will be moving to a condo three times the size in November, but my wife has already warned me about not going wild about displaying every valk I have, because she REALLY hates clutter.

Even in my old room within my parent' house, the closet is getting jammed with all boxes of valks and Gundam Fix Figuration figures. Oh well....

Damn Yamato and Bandai...making so many irresistable toys when I am an adult with the means to purchase them.

Yup...same problem here...

Had to part with a few spare 1/48s a little while back...my giant closet of MIB stuff is just too full...

I am also in desperate need of more display shelves for my out of box stuff I don't think I can fit ANYTHING else on the display shelves I have in their current state... :(

Not sure what to do...I can't bring myself to store them off site as I am not comfortable with not being able to regulate the environment that they are stored in (the MIB stuff that is), the loose stuff I wrote off as soon as I opened them for display as I am a smoker and plastic doesn't particularly like smokers (actually it seems most people anymore don't care much for smokers either)...

With my GIJOE, Voltron, Transformers reissues, Robotech MPCs, Starwars, Starrblazers, Star Trek, comics and now Yamato, I ran out of space long ago. :blink: It is time to cutback hence why I want to cut out the yamato 1/60 valks and sell what i have since I bought 2 of everything. Lord knows I need to do some cleaning out. I am becoming a pack rat. It is time to decide what stays and what goes. Why? Because I am gonna buy more 1/48 valk releases, Alpha MPCs, Transformer re-releases and any Destroids. :D

Yamatos boxes are BIG. Taking so much space.

Let's not also forget that it's possible to collapse the boxes, we are left with the plastic tray inserts that cannot be collapsed.

For me, I am considering only keeping the Japanese toy boxes since they can't be collapsed and throw away the American ones (such as the Transformers boxes) since they are only 100% cellophane, twist-ties and cardboard.

i ran out of shelf space a while ago to display all of my stuff, so i had to put away everything but my 3 Skull 1/48s, and one VF-1J and one Alpha superposable. of course now my closet is running out of space to store the boxes. and it's a rather large closet. :p

I'm slowly running outta storage space myself. The closet that was practically empty at the beginning of the year is nearly full :o . I cant imagine trying to stuff a 1/60 Monster box in there :blink:

this post seems like just an excuse to brag about your 5 fast packs.... (seethes with envy) :angry:

dude, i'm the wrong guy to even come close to envy. did you check out the member with 2 of each 1/48 release plus each one had a set of FPs. Now, he's someone to envy!!! I was like ... :blink: ... :wacko:

I feel the pain as well. But luckily my brother and I will be moving into a larger apt next weekend. I need to buy another bookself when I finally settle in. What really sucks is packing up all my toys.

Edited by Golden Arms

• 3 weeks later...
Im almost completely out of room anywhere. Ive got boxes just laying on the floor, on top the tv, the desk. Im gonna be sleeping on boxes eventually.

I share your pain. I like boxes as you can stack them to the ceiling, but there comes a point where you run out of flat places to start a stack. It's the loose stuff that poses the biggest problem as it doesn't stack... it just kinda piles up. I meant to respond to this post earlier but I kinda had to get access to my [not hers] computer...

Oh yeah... Like my amazing photo shop skills hiding my stained carpet :rolleyes:

Im almost completely out of room anywhere.  Ive got boxes just laying on the floor, on top the tv, the desk.  Im gonna be sleeping on boxes eventually.

I share your pain. I like boxes as you can stack them to the ceiling, but there comes a point where you run out of flat places to start a stack. It's the loose stuff that poses the biggest problem as it doesn't stack... it just kinda piles up. I meant to respond to this post earlier but I kinda had to get access to my [not hers] computer...

Oh yeah... Like my amazing photo shop skills hiding my stained carpet :rolleyes:

:blink: God damn that's a lot of stuff. You got any spare Destroids you are willing to part with? :rolleyes: