VF-1S Roy or VF-1S Hikaru

Smiley424

Choose between the two 1/48s  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Choose between the two 1/48s

• VF-1S Hikaru
    • VF-1S Roy

Might as well have a "tastes great" or "less filling" poll.

Both rock. Though I gave the Roy 1S the edge because it's so damn cool it's in both the TV series and DYRL. In fact, it's so cool that it was the obvious base for the DYRL paint schemes.

But both are absolutely worth having.

The single most popular complaint is the head seam. Yamato sculpted the 1/48 -1S head in left and right halfs instead of front/rear like they did with the 1/60. Consequently there's a seam going right down the middle of the "face." Not that bad but it's there and I can't really think of a good reason why they did it that way.

Then there were crooked skull emblems on one or both of the vertical stabilizers. The canopy woudln't stay open. And IIRC there might have been an issue with an ugly gap appearing on the seam of the nose when the landing gear were open (to some extent this applies to the whole 1/48 line I think, but I've never noticed it on my Low-Viz).

I like Roy's scheme/character better than the Hikaru IS, but Roys old toy isn't as good as the new Hikaru will be. Roy's old one doesn't have the Max/Low-Viz fixes (IOW, a reissue and not the old one) and further has numerous examples of bad QC.

Ok, besides what UXI said about the first roy release, is there anything else? Because if that's it, then I'ma keep my original one and pass up on the re-release and just go for the hikaru 1S.

• 5 weeks later...

aiya saw this poll and hoped it would help me make a decision...

cos Hikaru vf-1s just released here...didn't know whether to wait for the Roy..or just pass on both and get the vf-1j...

and the poll was evenly split! everyone had their own preferences and comments...left me same place as i started..

but in the end still decided to get the hikaru..as i don't have either the 1/60 or 1/48 vf-1a hikaru...anyway, ya, it looks nice... and i tried to rationalize it by linking his red and green(visor) color combination with Christmas colors! haiya how lame is dat..:(.. still... for about US110..was too good to pass up.. so just went ahead to get it...now hope my pocket recovers intime for more yamato goodies coming our way!

let me analyse...

after you get the hikaru-1S, you will marvel at its beauty and you'll begin to feel the need to have a roy-1S.

you will think of roy-1S wherever you go and whatever you do and you'll even dream of it in your sleep.

you'll lose your appetite, feel lethargic and become aimless in life.

"the only way to cure this sickness is to get a roy-1S", you said to yourself.

and finally, you'll find yourself going to a toy shop and pick up one roy-1S........then life is back to normal again.

:p:D:lol:

let me analyse...

after you get the hikaru-1S, you will marvel at its beauty and you'll begin to feel the need to have a roy-1S.

you will think of roy-1S wherever you go and whatever you do and you'll even dream of it in your sleep.

and finally, you'll find yourself going to a toy shop and pick up one roy-1S........then life is back to normal again.

:p:D:lol:

ho ho... and AFTER that... i will dream of having a FAST pack for each of those vf-1s'es...and that will bleed me even more... oh no! what have i done!??

anyway, my vote for now is for hikaru... i have roy in 1/60 already...that's how i try to rationalize...must...control...

let me analyse...

:p  :D  :lol:

ho ho... and AFTER that... i will dream of having a FAST pack for each of those vf-1s'es...and that will bleed me even more... oh no! what have i done!??

anyway, my vote for now is for hikaru... i have roy in 1/60 already...that's how i try to rationalize...must...control...

lose yourself.....let go of yourself....release.... :lol:

your 1/60 will leave you and fly away.....

yes you want 1/48 roy.....yes you do :lol::p

not sure lei... somehow i've always felt the FAST pack color greenish blue matches the yellow better than red...

one question tho..is the little triangle on the fast pack arm armor a standard color? i mean i see it red for hikaru and yellow for roy.. is it dependant on a decal?

i ask cos obviously i have not got my fast pack yet...

Still, VF-1S Hikaru for me. Still need to get me this.

OT:

Also, if Bandai decides to reissue the Hikaru strike, I wont be complaining. I think this is the best time for Bandai to release Hikaru Strike. On time for the 20th anniverasy of DYRL?!!! :)

So, if there are any Bandai Representative Lurkers around, tip your Bosses. :lol: