Hasbro reissueing the SkyStriker

Fatalist

This might be old news to some, and I haven't seen anything on here lately or at all, but from what little I read on a GI Joe forum Hasbro will be reissueing the SkyStriker (F-14) sometime possibly this year or most likely next year. Its a TRU exclusive. No pics yet, because they are still restoring the old molds.

So if anyone has any other news to add to this, please do so. I want to know as much as I can.

This might be old news to some, and I haven't seen anything on here lately or at all, but from what little I read on a GI Joe forum Hasbro will be reissueing the SkyStriker (F-14) sometime possibly this year or most likely next year. Its a TRU exclusive. No pics yet, because they are still restoring the old molds.

So if anyone has any other news to add to this, please do so. I want to know as much as I can.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This is my second most wanted toy that I never got...

I thought i was fine without it...

I'm so weak... sooo weak...

I loved the GI Joes of the 80's. Then Hasbro tried to reissue them, but in different color schemes and added crap to them. That, IMO, is not a reissue. A reissue should be exactly like the original. I always wanted snake eyes second release with the wolf and storm shadow's first release, but when they reissued them, they just made them look all ugly and gave them weapons that belonged to other Joes. That pissed me off. Same goes with all the vehicles. All same thing but different paint scheme. If the F-14 is reissued exactly like the original, then I'll buy it. If not then I'll be better off finding a MISB original one, which will actually be better anyway. ;)

WHOA. I'm usually on top off stuff like this(notorious around this one forum in the joe community JBL) when it comes to the skystriker. If you read this form joebattlelines and if this rumor was from 2-3 months ago it might be FALSE. The release date was this month and the other thing is that when others who work @TRU tried to confirm it they had nothing. I HOPE this is true. Please provide your source!! Want this damn toy so bad.

I loved the GI Joes of the 80's. Then Hasbro tried to reissue them, but in different color schemes and added crap to them. That, IMO, is not a reissue. A reissue should be exactly like the original. I always wanted snake eyes second release with the wolf and storm shadow's first release, but when they reissued them, they just made them look all ugly and gave them weapons that belonged to other Joes. That pissed me off. Same goes with all the vehicles. All same thing but different paint scheme. If the F-14 is reissued exactly like the original, then I'll buy it. If not then I'll be better off finding a MISB original one, which will actually be better anyway. ;)

Preach on, brotha!!! :D

i always wanted this I love the Rattler and the Night Raven i thought about picking those up off of ebay once, i hope they reissue those as well but i want them to look just like the originals i remember the second release of the rattler that had Tiger stripes on it, god that was ugly :(

My brother had all the Joe and Cobra planes as a kid. I think they're all broken and jammed into boxes somewhere.

Now then, if they'd only reissue the USS Flagg...

A USS Flag reissue would be sweet, I would even settle for the Terror Dome.

GUys. hold your breath, As you can tell I'm actually on that thread. here's how it all startted.

Someone who used to work@TRU came by and his old manager told him there was a skystriker listing in his computer for mid november. Some who still work there looked into the computer, and came up with NOTHING. They checked numerous times. So it was probably just a word of mouth mistake, I've been trying to find out for the longest time if they could have it out but I dunno.

Hasbro has a new drop test rule, and all airplane toys have to pass an 8ft drop test. You drop a skystriker upside down from that height and trust me it WILL break. I think the rule is outright stupid, but latlely I haven't been hearing news about it. THen again hasbro has been on the low for a while on future stuff...less and les protos are coming out compared to the past 2 years. So who the hell knows. If anything toys r us will get it.

BTW night raven mold is lost....not lost as in can't find but DESTROYED. And flagg can only be reissued if it is bought by the retailer in bulk and would have to be 250$.

Hasbro has a new drop test rule, and all airplane toys have to pass an 8ft drop test. You drop a skystriker upside down from that height and trust me it WILL break. I think the rule is outright stupid, but latlely I haven't been hearing news about it.

Ok, that's just assinine. We had toys like that when we were kids. They were called "Tonka." But to expect all airplane toys (and why ONLY airplane toys?) to survive that? Good lord, people are stupid these days.

I'd definetly be there at TRU if this is true, but since the posting is from April and nothing else has been said about it, I'm not holding my breath right now...

BTW night raven mold is lost....not lost as in can't find but DESTROYED.  And flagg can only be reissued if it is bought by the retailer in bulk and would have to be 250$.

Why destroyed? That seems extreme for them to do...

Edited by Pat Payne

Good lord, people are stupid these days.

that's because they stopped the drop test rule... the doctors use to be able to drop the babies from 8' up, head first. If it didn't pass they would shove it back in the mother's womb... <_<

I miss the good old days.

I prolly wouldn't have bought it anyway now that I think about it... If they made a more accurate 1/18 F-14 toy like BBI did with the Hornet, then that'll get my goosebumps bumpin.

Hasbro has a new drop test rule, and all airplane toys have to pass an 8ft drop test.  You drop a skystriker upside down from that height and trust me it WILL break. I think the rule is outright stupid, but latlely I haven't been hearing news about it.

Ok, that's just assinine. We had toys like that when we were kids. They were called "Tonka." But to expect all airplane toys (and why ONLY airplane toys?) to survive that? Good lord, people are stupid these days.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking too. Everyone @JBL KNOWS me for being a skystriker freak. I brought it up like the plague across that forum when I first joined. Read through there, and you'll see. But see for you guys this is a benefit, if IT will be reissued, someone there will surely tell me and I'll spread the news here. Got my hopes up high as hell when I saw a topic about it here. ANY toy in the market right now, like hasbro's energon galvatron toy and even their starscream reissues, I mean if you drop those from 8ft those things will break all over the place. I dunno hasbro has some STUPID excuses, and if it's not them making the rules, than whoever it is is paranoid as hell. WHAT kid is tall enough to hold a skystriker 8-10ft above the ground? And woouldn't a collector have better sense than to be putting small breakable pieces in their mouths? UGH. I just want that damn thing, and knowing hasbro HAS the mold......

Pat, as far as the night raven, some molds were lost in india and brazil and were irrepairable. Some molds are NOT to be cleaned with saltwater since it erodes the steel, unfortunately some countries that the molds were leased to DON'T listen. For those interested in the tomohawk, that thing is lost too. least half of it I believe.

I had the Skystriker and it was awesome. I mainly remember getting for my birthday and that it came in a thicker, white box - like a shipping box - with the color label printed on the front and no plastic windows to see inside. I also remember laborously putting it together and applying each NO STEP and BEWARE INTAKE sticker. I also liked Ace's helmet.

But it was a bit too damn big to actually do much playing with. The Helicopter was far more fun to hunt Cobra minions down in my living room.

Wait, when did toy manufacturers have a drop test of 8' without the box? Last time I checked, everyone did a drop test for all products 3' WITH THE BOX but thats also dependant on age rating. Pre-school toys being the most stringent of course.

I got to admit, that is some TOUGH QA going on there. Wonder what Yamato did for the 1/48s.

I agree with Exo, give me BBI accuracy for the GI Joe line 2005 or move the 1/18 scale Joes up a notch in "believable" realism.

I got to admit, that is some TOUGH QA going on there. Wonder what Yamato did for the 1/48s.

Yamato: To hell with the droptest. Anybody able to afford these damn things have gotta be adults. Throw them in the box and ship them.

OR

we'll let Graham playtest it. If it survives, throw it in a box and ship it.

:ph34r:

:lol::lol:

Wait, when did toy manufacturers have a drop test of 8' without the box? Last time I checked, everyone did a drop test for all products 3' WITH THE BOX but thats also dependant on age rating. Pre-school toys being the most stringent of course.

I agree with Exo, give me BBI accuracy for the GI Joe line 2005 or move the 1/18 scale Joes up a notch in "believable" realism.

Neova,

The designers or one of the product managers mentioned the drop test rule over @ the official gijoe collector's convention in florida over summer. It isn't hasbro's rule they are bound to it somehow by safety laws and the immense bullshi* that follows it. The transformers team also tried importing metroplex and fort max as reissues but BOTH failed the box drop test also. I think the drop tests are stupid and hasbro would be STUPID to not release the skystriker especially since they have hinted at it ever since 2001 with the prominent fly overs in the commercials and since it is THEE most popular joe plane.

And if you guys remember, yamato DOES do drop tests. Graham said it a few years back in one of the prelim 1.60 VF-1 reviews, about how they kicked it around in the hong kong yamato toy office and threw it against the wall in box.

I doubt joe will get more realistic but I DO hope BBi makes a 1/18 scale F-14. HUGE and well over 100$ but shooot for that size it would be WORTH IT.

BTW fore you 1/18 jet fans, 21st century is making an F-4 phantomII and F-104 starfighter.