Who spends more?

AlphaHX

Do you think toy buyers or model buyers spend more on their collection?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think toy buyers or model buyers spend more on their collection?

• Models! Theres soooo much more models than toys!
    • Both! But I spend a lot more money on models!
    • Both! I buy them all! You noobs! Aww... my wallet is empty.
    • Both! But I spend a lot more money on toys!
    • Toys! Tell my 1/48 Valks they werent worth every penny!

I was just curious since I've been spending a LOT of money on Macross collectables right now and just wanted to know who do you think spends the most money? Model collecters? Toy collecters? Both? :blink:

Also, I just thought it would be fun to see people complain about losing their retirement funds to Macross. :lol:

I'd say toys because prices like the 1/48's take it all!! Only old resin models can cost that much and more like the rare ones. And how often can you find those rare ones? The toys are easier to find and already costs over a 100. :p:lol:

Also, I guess it depends on what you consider valuable. Some people say that time is money and a lot of these cats spend countless hours on their models getting them just right. Then again....I probably spend just as much time playing with my Macross toys. Oops....did I say that out loud!!?? :blink::p

I'd say toys because prices like the 1/48's take it all!! Only old resin models can cost that much and more like the rare ones. And how often can you find those rare ones? The toys are easier to find and already costs over a 100. :p:lol:

Resin kits costing over $100 is very common and easier to find than you think. I joined MW only this past summer and already I have 5+ kits thats $200+ each and several other kits thats $100+ each. I must admit tho, toys are easier to find since theyre all over the internet. But unless you collect multiples of 1/48 like a mad man, models can give your wallet a pounding just as easily. ;)

I should post this over in the model section and see what they say. :D

Also, I guess it depends on what you consider valuable. Some people say that time is money and a lot of these cats spend countless hours on their models getting them just right. Then again....I probably spend just as much time playing with my Macross toys. Oops....did I say that out loud!!?? :blink::p

hahahahah! :lol:

its alright, we're all kids at heart... umm... mind... umm... hmm... whatever, its all the same. ;) heh heh heh... :rolleyes:

now we all know why you come home to interventions... ;)

Ha!!! Well....my son thinks I'm the coolest. Even though he keeps asking me when I'm going to get toys he can play with. He keeps asking me if i got a new toy....then he asks me "Can kids play with this one?" :p I just tell him "No, boy....." and give him another MPC to play with. :p I think I've got more toys than my son. What's up with that!!??

Hard call...

Model completists spend way too much money, not to mention on material

Toy completist spend way yoo much money on doubles, exclusives and limited editions.

It's not about what you collect, it's about how much liquid income (and insanity) you have for your collection.

EDIT: me spell gooood!

Edited by >EXO<

i'd probably say model guys...i mean the air brush alone is worth quite a bit plus theres models for everything macross. and don't forget, modelers don't stop themselves at macross kits only. they generally buy a bunch of other kits from cars, tanks, airplanes, battleships, etc....basically the modelers life never really ends...plus they have to keep restocking their paints and materials.

the toy people have it good...outside of insane folks that have to have 5 of everything. :p

I would say that toy collector have spend more lately. However, with few new figures coming out, even though the ones that are coming out are pricey, the model collectors will be the ones paying more in the near future. How many new toys do we even have coming out?

1/48 GBP

1/48 GBP w/ VF-1K

1/100 Monster

1/60 Monster

1/100 Macross Zero

1/72 VF-19 FP (in our dreams only)

Anything else?

If not, that's less $1K USD.

I would say that toy collector have spend more lately. However, with few new figures coming out, even though the ones that are coming out are pricey, the model collectors will be the ones paying more in the near future. How many new toys do we even have coming out?

1/48 GBP

1/48 GBP w/ VF-1K

1/100 Monster

1/60 Monster

1/100 Macross Zero

1/72 VF-19 FP (in our dreams only)

Anything else?

If not, that's less $1K USD.

yeah... but thats why toy collectors buy 5 of each. ;)

so that >1K will equal closer to 5k. :p

but yeah, I see what you mean, thats why I'm leaning towards model collectors right now... :unsure:

Edited by AlphaHX

I spend alot on both but the toys are more expensive.

Funny, I spend a lot on both too but I find models to be more expensive... :blink:

Where are you getting your cheap models at? I MUST KNOW. heheh. ;)

I get mine just like everyone here at HLJ but their overpriced (after shipping is included) and I'll probably look somewhere else since the dollar has been undervalued against the yen. I recently bought 2 Hasegawa kits the SV-51 low viz and the price tag came to be $75 not including shipping.

oooh... non-resin kits. oh okay. that makes sense. :)

gotta love hasegawa. now only if we can get them to make all the cool resin kits out there. hmm... they gotta make battroid/gerwalk everything, fighter vf-11, vf-17, etc etc, sdf-1, and transformable kits for the fun of it. oh... and keep everything in 1/72 scale except the sdf-1 of course.:D hehe... boy am I dreaming too hard. :p I'm gonna hurt myself if I keep this up. <_<

Gee. I wonder if you'll get a fair representation since you posted this in the toys forum? I come by this forum about once a month, but I'm in the Models one twice a day.

You kids play with your toys... I wanna build something.

Yeah, I thought about that too since I'm a model person. But I thought more model people would come over to the toy section than vice versa. :unsure:

for me it is both about equal, i buy a lot of gundam models and it adds up quickly but i also buy toys mainly chogokin and 1/48 Valks and the occasional vintage Gundam, while they are less in numbers. there slightly higher price pretty much equals it out, so i pretty much spend about the same on both,

my poor wallet :(:p:D:lol::lol::lol:

I buy both but more goes for toys.  The Macross toys are a lot more than the models.    When Bandai did the reissues, I got some of the older models real cheep.  I say the toy prices hurt you more.  :unsure:

I think a lot of toy collecters forget that model collecters buy resin kits which are usually just as or even more expensive than 1/48 valks. Resin kits are easily between $100-$200. IMO, that should be able to hurt you just as easily as toys. Not to mention theres a lot more different models than there are 1/48 valks.

Edited by AlphaHX

It is very hard to just keep your collection either in "toys" or "models" as there will be always one or two items from the other section which you never collect but “just got to have it”.

This then slowly becomes three to four items…five to six until your whole room is filled with it! Then you try and sell some off and once you see some space, well guess what; it gets quickly filled up again…man this is a real vicious circle! Now, not to mention that many of us collect other series too!

I became again interested in toys back like six years ago and first it was only Macross (as it was my childhood favourite!) but now I have slowly started to venture into Gundam (thank god it is only the RX-78-2 and nothing else yet so far!) and few little its and bits.

Nowadays, toymakers push out so many new toys and reissue/revive so many old stuff; it is really hard for us to stop!

I'm just like Valk009. Got back into Macross LAST YEAR with my Yamato 1/48 Strike Hikaru 1S combo and its been downhill ever since. As I look into my crib and see the holy walls of Macross (both toys and models), I'm pretty dead even.

Yamato - Macross Toy Crack - Just can't stop

Hasegawa - Macross Model E pills for swinging good times, cheap, available and gots to have my Macross ARMY!

IHP/G-System/Wave/SHE/Imai/Arii - Macross Model cocaine - expensive as f*ck but worth every snort!

So glad I don't have a car here cuz half of my post rent/food/love money would have went into that too. Help me Obi Wan! :p

Edited by Neova

Since i started out with gundam models almost 2 years before macross toys obsession kicked in, up till now models expenditure far exceeds toys. Although 1/48's are a lot more expensive than MG's, the PG's can match them one for one in both cost and numbers in time to come, depending on how fast bandai keeps up with PG's production. Meanwhile i'm trying (very hard) to keep up with both toys and models :D .

I'm just like Valk009. Got back into Macross LAST YEAR with my Yamato 1/48 Strike Hikaru 1S combo and its been downhill ever since. As I look into my crib and see the holy walls of Macross (both toys and models), I'm pretty dead even.

Yamato - Macross Toy Crack - Just can't stop

Hasegawa - Macross Model E pills for swinging good times, cheap, available and gots to have my Macross ARMY!

IHP/G-System/Wave/SHE/Imai/Arii - Macross Model cocaine - expensive as f*ck but worth every snort!

So glad I don't have a car here cuz half of my post rent/food/love money would have went into that too. Help me Obi Wan! :p

Hahahha... so true... soooo true. :p

This hobby is like a drug. Its so damn addicting! :o

Wow... looks like the poll is evening out. :)

Haha, looks like all of us needs to go into rehab.

First step is to admit ur problem. 

"Hi, my name is Andrew and I'm a Macross junky..." 

Hahahah... 

Hahaha...My name is also Andrew and I'm also a Macross junky!!!

:lol::lol::lol: