I think Samus stole a Cyclone...

JB0

Was looking at game news recently, and I stumbled upon a picture of Metroid Prime 2's new "Dark Suit."

And for a minute, I thought they'd made a goof and put a Robotech Invasion pic in Prime 2's article.

Sure there's some diffrences(for one Samus' suit is less bulky), but... Samus has TIRES on her shoulders.

post-26-1099969237_thumb.jpg

metroid should be 2d

zelda should be top down..

my.. my poor child hood.

Ya know, I said that too. Then I played Fusion and Prime. The former was crap by any standard, the latter was possibly the single best-implemented game in the series(though I really missed my screw attack, and there wasn't a whole lot to DO with the grappling beam).

metroid should be 2d

zelda should be top down..

my.. my poor child hood.

Ya know, I said that too. Then I played Fusion and Prime. The former was crap by any standard, the latter was possibly the single best-implemented game in the series(though I really missed my screw attack, and there wasn't a whole lot to DO with the grappling beam).

Yeah and that grapple beam rocked too... its a real shame. I too missed the screw attack... hopefully they find a cool way to do it.

I too missed the screw attack... hopefully they find a cool way to do it.

Well, you can see footage of screw attack in action here. It's about 2/3 of the way in, right after Samus goes up the elevator.

I'm not sure how much control you'll have over it, though. In that particular bit it looks like she's just jumping up a tunnel with it.

I too missed the screw attack... hopefully they find a cool way to do it.

Well, you can see footage of screw attack in action here. It's about 2/3 of the way in, right after Samus goes up the elevator.

I'm not sure how much control you'll have over it, though. In that particular bit it looks like she's just jumping up a tunnel with it.

Thanks. Watching that trailer does semi solve the lack of screw attack problem. It would be nice if she could do it and the camera would pull bakc to show her like it does when she's a morph ball.

Thanks. Watching that trailer does semi solve the lack of screw attack problem.  It would be nice if she could do it and the camera would pull bakc to show her like it does when she's a morph ball.

Actually, that's apparently just a wall jump. This is taken from the GameFaqs board:

In case anyone was wondering here are a few things from Retro about the screw attack. These quotes are from the Developer Info on Nintendo's page.

In the video, there was a scene where Samus was flying around like a fireball. What kind of feature is that?

Mark Pacini, Retro Studios: That is the Wall Jump feature. It's an extension of the Screw Attack where we're allowing the player to do a wall jump similar to the Super NES Wall Jump maneuver. Currently, we're restricting it to particular areas of the game, similar to the Spider Ball, where you just can't do the Wall Jump anywhere. You'll have to do it in certain places.

Will the player be able to climb (Space Jump) with the Screw Attack maneuver?

Mark Pacini, Retro Studios: Currently it's a lateral move. There's no vertical ascension, it's similar to the SNES, simply because of the 3D restrictions we have. It would make our game very easy to break. And as far as steering, right now we have a limited steering similar to the Boost Ball, if you're familiar to that. You mainly go forward, but there is some side-to-side movement. That's where we have the feature right now.

So, it basically sounds like Screw Attack makes you fly straight ahead in third-person. As long as I can smash through baddies with it I'll be happy. :)

Edit: This looks to be a screenshot of Screw Attack in action.

Edited by Syngyne

please post any info about this mysterious cyclone-like armor!!

........for the love of jim!!! ;):D

It's called the dark suit.

Which implies that equipping it applies a resistance to the highly toxic atmosphere of Dark Aether to Samus' power suit.

I finally picked up Metroid Prime 1. I'm kicking myself for not getting it sooner. Such a great game. I'm not a huge Metroid fan but I did enjoy the NES, GameBoy and SNES versions. Still I wish I had the option of playing in 3rd person view at certain times. Especially when jumping across platforms. Once I finish this I'll be picking up Echoes. I just hope they continue with the series.