VOTE!

Nied

Polling places should be open soon so get out and celebrate American representative democracy by going and voting for the guy you like the most/hate the least/is the tallest/is the shortest/ etc. (pick the most aplicable ones), but make sure that you do vote.*

*Except if you are not a US citizen, in which case you may watch as an election, which will probably end up affecting you as well, gets decided by us. Sorry.

Edited by Nied

*Except if you are not a US citizen, in which case you may watch as an election, which will probably end up affecting you as well, gets decided by us. Sorry.

Yes. Hail to the chief, indeed.

I'll watch it since there's nothin' on TV recently (joke) :D

Oprah for President! No, wait, Optimus Prime for President!!

Please let the best (or rather, "better") man win.

Also remember, if you don't vote simply because you don't care, or don't like the two most prominently advertised candidates, then you've no right to complain later on. There's more than two candidates you can show support for, or you can simply vote for the candidate you believe will cause the least amount of damage while in office.

feel free to not EVER vote unless you bothered to take the time and figure out each man's stance on the issues.

don't vote because whatever rap guy or other mtv personality told you that "the democrats be all 'at" or, dey be mah peeps"

don't go in and vote republican because you are one and vice versa. the candidate favorite people are chooches who couldnt bother to look poo up.

remember as a voter, you CAN do more harm than good, and we don't need a situation like last election marring things this go'round.

so to recap, if you don't KNOW, don't GO!

:angry:

I totally forgot about the SNL special last night :(

In the words of Kodos (I think it was him) = Either way you are all dooomed DOOOOMED!

:lol:

Heading to vote now on my way to work.

Remember to punch those cards all the way... if I hear about "hanging chads" and "pregnant chads" again I'm going to go atomic. <_<

And vote your mind, vote your true feelings. Don't let others influence you or tell you who to vote for. Voting is between you and the booth... love the booth, caress the booth... become the booth... unless it is one of those rickety fold out suitcase ones then don't get too carried away as those things collapse like a US Homes home in a rainstorm.

Here in MD, we have the touch screen voting system for the first time around this time.

I have to say that I agree with the skeptics here. This system is a monumental cluster bang.

I won't go into detail, since I'm sure (I hope) that the bass ackwards system they used here isn't the same in all the other states with touch screen voting.

But it's an accident waiting to happen. At this rate Nader might actually make it into office. <_<

Remember to punch those cards all the way... if I hear about "hanging chads" and "pregnant chads" again I'm going to go atomic. <_<

And vote your mind, vote your true feelings. Don't let others influence you or tell you who to vote for. Voting is between you and the booth... love the booth, caress the booth... become the booth... unless it is one of those rickety fold out suitcase ones then don't get too carried away as those things collapse like a US Homes home in a rainstorm.

Umm, what are you talking about "punching thru"? :o

I have noticed lately that as serious as people are about this election there has been a lot more civility than I am used to at the public level (not including campaign advertising). If I had to guess, I would say that most people know where they stand this year, and discussion/ranting really isn't going to change anyone's mind at this point.

I was very happy to see an hour long line this morning out in bumbleskunk Tennessee where I live (Soddy Daisy). Unfortunately, I get the feeling that a lot of them are voting based on religious fearmongering, but I saw enough Union employees out this morning to feel encouraged.

I voted this morning, Scan-Tron type, paper ballots in Tennessee,