1/65 MACROSS 7 FIRE BOMBER VALKS

zeo-mare

i found the auctions for these up on ebay and i would like to know if they are worth the money? they seem cheap, but i know cheap usually means crap, are these reissues or bootlegs? how do they compare to the originals? does anyone have any pics and reviews on quality? i would like to get some more Valks for my collection and they seem kinda cool please let me know.

1/65 Fire Valk ebay Auction.

Thanks

Chris :)

well i know for sure they aren't reissues since only the VF-19 kai was re-released and it was released with the toy in fighter mode, not battroid...and i would suspect these are bootlegs simply because of the price...but then again, the person could just hate 'em and are just trying to get rid of 'em :lol: i heard somewhere here on the boards that the bootlegs are actually pretty good quality

there is a few of these up on the auctions , i just want to make sure of the quality. i really want to get a few more valks for my collection, these are problly bootlegs for sure but i really want to get a second opinion.

They are bootlegs. If you look at the picture and see a small pic on the right bottom corner and notice that it is character pic then it's bootlegs. If it is bandai logo, then it is orignal. And if you notice it is selling cheap, then it's obvious a bootlegs.

thanks , you guys helped greatly, i have been hearing the bootlegs are equal in quality but i wanted to make sure first. i will most likely get a few of these maybe i will paint them or something, does anyone have any good pics of thee, i saw on Sithlords webpage a few in the distant, they look pretty tall almost as big as a 1/48.

thanks

chris

thanks , you guys helped greatly, i have been hearing the bootlegs are equal in quality but i wanted to make sure first. i will most likely get a few of these maybe i will paint them or something, does anyone have any good pics of thee, i saw on Sithlords webpage a few in the distant, they look pretty tall almost as big as a 1/48.

thanks

chris

Well I wouldnt say the Bandai ones are crap. There were some people liquidating them for liek around 20-30. and they are nice. I have one of the earlier bootlegs. The later ones I dont like. they are even worse.

I have four of these bootlegs, I customized two of them and for $15-20 a piece, the price is fair if you want a transforming valk. Though not super posable, they're pretty fair and posable enough like the Bandai 1/55 valks.

are they detailed? and is the paint job any good? that is really what i am interested in the most, yea i figured they were not to posable they look like they are based on the 1/72 yamatos for transformation

are they detailed? and is the paint job any good? that is really what i am interested in the most, yea i figured they were not to posable they look like they are based on the 1/72 yamatos for transformation

nah these aren't detailed. The paint job is ok, not too bad for a bootleg. But the funny thing is with the blue bootleg, it comes with read shoulders instead of grey like my bootleg has. Don't know why they changed it. But yeah, these are worth getting if your just gonna repaint them. :p:D:lol:

I like the Battroid mode of the Bandai Macross 7 valks best. What's more, they are one of the very last Macross toys that are really made in Japan. Yes the bootlegs are nice as well, but the real difference is, where one notices the cheap plastics on both versions, the Bandai one has a better finishing and joining at the seams. I like my Firevalk the most. B))

I remember that early bootlegs of the VF-19s were pretty close to the Bandai version. I think the only difference I saw was that the head lasers were not as detailed. Not sure about the Fire Valkyrie. I also have a boot of the VF-17d which pretty much looks indistinguishable from the original.

I have both (the red is Bandai an the blue is the bootleg) and they are exactly the same quality. I wish I would have known this earlier because the Bandai one (about 6 years ago) was $100, and the bootleg (about 2 years ago) was only $20. You do the math....trust me, that's a good deal on ebay. I was very impressed how tight the joints are on the bootleg.

thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it, i am definetly picking these up, how big are they any how? they looked pretty tall from what i saw.

thanks

chris

• 3 weeks later...

thank,s i am very soon going to pick up the fire valk as well. 30 cm is pretty big much bigger than i thought.

One more thing about the blue VF-19S bootlegs is that they don't have the shortened wings the F/S models have, they just used blue Fire Valk wings.

One more thing about the blue VF-19S bootlegs is that they don't have the shortened wings the F/S models have, they just used blue Fire Valk wings.

:lol: i also now realize the blue ones also use the red shoulder pads which is also kinda funny

just got mine in today, hey for a bootleg they really did a good job on it. i like alot i may pick up the blue one next :)