Elfenlied

wolfx

Wow....no posts on this anime? Surprising. I classify this one of the better anime of last season (which just ended its run). It has nekkidness, blood, boobs, depressing circumstantial love story, excellent character/plot development, need I say more?

Story starts off with some obviously secret facility of sorts, and guards with guns are being deployed. They're shooting something. A naked girl wearing nothing but some sorta funky helmet on her head. A guard exclaims and tells his co-workers to stay at least 20 meters (i think it was 20 meters) away from her....then he gets decapitated by some sort of invisible blade. Lots of guards dying....exploding, cut into half, blood splattered eerywhere....girl walks in its wake, bullets seemingly not harming her.....blablablablablablablablabla

fast forward....she gets shot by a sniper, but not killed, ends up with split personalities. She's found by your average-clueless-caring-guy-who-only-exists-in-harem-or-maid-anime, and all she can utter is a very cute ~nyu (very much like Chii~ in Chobits) and ....well....generally just walks around naked and shouting ~nyu all the while , for you cute lovers. :p

Of course their "happy" lives will not continue forever. (since each episode will feature some form of decapitation or other)

Well if that doesn't rouse your curiosity, I don't know what will. :lol:

Edited by wolfx

I'll tell ya when I seen it all

So far I find it a pretty good series, but if it's running only 13 eps, I get

the feeling they're gonna rush the story too much and ruin it totally!

Edit:

Just finished watching Ep #13

RHAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaargggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Hmmm,....

To call Elfen lied a "Favorite" would probably mean I'm a Psycho

But it sure beats NGE

Bet (actually - Hope!) there'll be a 2nd season

Edited by Nightbat®

I tried watching this one but didn't care for it. It was okay but I didn't like how it was so dark and gory in one part and then so cutesy, childlike in the next. I also hated earlier scenes when troops see what these chicks can do yet they rush them trying to strike them with a butt of a rifle.

Like all anime based on manga, the manga hasn't finished its run , and Elfenlied is probably only halfway through the manga. But regardless, I thought the ending was pretty good since it didn't leave much hanging. Like everything important in that season was already explained and well laid out. Heh...and what a teaser ending. <_<

Just so you guys know, there's an OAV in the works :D.

Really? Sweet ass!! B))

W00ts! Whatever that can't be shown on TV can now be shown on OVAs.....well...not like they didn't show anythin on TV, nekkidness, blood and all.

Is this the same genre as NGE?

What IS Eva's genre? But....ummmm...no i dun think so.

Whiny reluctant main character? Nope

Mecha? Nope

Apocalyptic setting....uhh...somewhat i guess.

But it sure beats NGE

Is this the same genre as NGE?

I meant in "favorite" sense

NGE is way to heavy for my tastes, EL may be graphic, but it's easier on the mind

though beating a little dog to death with a blunt object is very high on my list

of "What I Don't want to see in an Anime"

• 1 year later...
elfen lied is spectacular, one of my favs of all, i think that the greusomeness happening during the show contrasting with the love story makes the love story seem that much more beautiful

341759[/snapback]

And that much more tragic. Feels so tragic. Sigh!

elfen lied is spectacular, one of my favs of all, i think that the greusomeness happening during the show contrasting with the love story makes the love story seem that much more beautiful

341759[/snapback]

And that much more tragic. Feels so tragic. Sigh!

341770[/snapback]

Unless they TOTALLY, from the ground up, revamped the story for anime purposes the manga's story was abject crap without any redeeming value. You know it's garbage when the author spends close to 100 chapters trying to humanize, and make the reader sympathize with the character, a girl who is nothing more then a mass murder(2nd & 3rd persona's) and has been for years without remorse.

But then again I've NEVER thought that having a split personality as an excuse for doing such things. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Quite the bumpage.

All I have to say:

BEST COMEDY EVER!

Yes, you might call me crazy, and even pyscho, but I just found episode 1, and even some parts of 2 just absolutely hilarious. It's the type of show that for those who HATE those cutesy anime characters, and want to see them pretty much...tortured in the most brutal ways.

Sure it's gory, but I mean it doesn't really surpass Bleach, in terms of gore, all that much. Beheadings and dismemberments just add in the fun. :)

This certainly is much more enjoyable than just finishing a night class of accounting (pretty much anything is more enjoyable than accounting class, at that).

And no, I haven't killed anyone.

yet.

• 1 year later...

I just finished watching the entire series in one sitting. I love the opening...the art...the song ("Lilium")! A very 'adult' anime.... The first few episodes were great; then a little before half way through the series the dialogue got worse (in a couple episodes); then the last several episodes were great once again. The anime is very colorful too.... Overall, I really liked it. My two cents.

I'll tell ya when I seen it all

So far I find it a pretty good series, but if it's running only 13 eps, I get

the feeling they're gonna rush the story too much and ruin it totally!

Edit:

Just finished watching Ep #13

RHAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaargggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Hmmm,....

But it sure beats NGE

Bet (actually - Hope!) there'll be a 2nd season

lol... I thought it was a Dutch elf song. :lol:

"Elfenlied" is german for Elf's song.

Just like Evangelion, the series is filled with german language based references.

Even the art from the opening credits is based on art from a famous german painter, whose name elludes me at the moment.

Edit:

I TOTALLY missed the humouring jabs first time around. :o

Elf liedjes... lol.

Edited by T.V.

I tried watching this the other day, and honestly, I didn't think it was all that great. I guess I just don't get why they have this thing for severed heads, total mutilation with blood gushing everywhere and boobs galore but no pubic hair.

Everyone shaves when they reach puberty. Don't you? Tsk tsk. :lol: